Tincture

The Fly Agaric, most famous mushroom with a rich cultural history.
Jara
Has thanked: 0

Tincture

Post by Jara » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:49 am

Hi everyone, hoping someone can clarify what I have made, so the thing is I didn't fully read the instructions. I scraped the gills off several fresh caps and put the red cap plus the thin layer of pink tissue into 40%alcohol. Mixture turned pink and I took around 1/4 of a teaspoon, the effect was a mellow soothing sensation, nothing unpleasant at all. Im trying to come off prozac and need something to ease my anxiety.
Many thanks in advance
These users thanked the author Jara for the post:
Imme

Cloudykinz

Re: Tincture

Post by Cloudykinz » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:19 pm

How long did you steep your tincture for, and how are you going now?
These users thanked the author Cloudykinz for the post:
Imme
I am my own guinea pig

MysticMycelium108

Re: Tincture

Post by MysticMycelium108 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:39 am

Jara wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:49 am
Hi everyone, hoping someone can clarify what I have made, so the thing is I didn't fully read the instructions. I scraped the gills off several fresh caps and put the red cap plus the thin layer of pink tissue into 40%alcohol. Mixture turned pink and I took around 1/4 of a teaspoon, the effect was a mellow soothing sensation, nothing unpleasant at all. Im trying to come off prozac and need something to ease my anxiety.
Many thanks in advance
Did you make it with fresh caps? I have seen and used tinctures from fresh fermented caps, so it is possible, but I didn't make it myself. They said it was letting the juices collect off the fresh mushrooms as they naturally fermented and then mixing it with alcohol to stop the fermentation. I don't have experience with that but if you used dried ones your tincture should be good, but I can't be certain. I use the gills and whole cap of dried mushrooms in the tinctures I make, but I don't see why yours wouldn't work. I can't give you advice on coming off meds cus I'm not a doctor. I would personally try the lowest amount that works of the amanita tincture, and take it either daily, or on a micro dose schedule. Are you wanting to taper from the prozac. Like slowly take a little bit less and as you stabilize, then take a little bit less slowly until stopping. If it's something you've been taking a while, or actually either way, id recommend talking to whoever prescribed them to you like doctor or therapist. They don't need to agree with what your doing, but it can sometimes be dangerous to stop taking medications quickly, it can cause mental, emotional, and physical side effects, and they could help with that. I don't know any interactions between prozac and amanita, or gaba drugs in general with prozac. It would be beneficial to research about the effects on the gaba receptors while taking prozac, or if anyone has experience mixing them. Once you're off prozac it should be safer to dose higher if you wish, but I can't say for sure because each individual responds differently, and only you know you. It could be a tool to help with the issue you were taking prozac for. People seem to have good results with muscamol for anxiety. I have personally experienced uplifting effects from ibotonic acid that helps keep me more balanced and with positive outlook. I also see how everything connects much more. I still slip into negative states of mind sometimes but it is usually easier to become aware of it faster.