Amanita persicina

Discussion and research on the other Amanitas. This will be split into separate forums in due course.
Peachy
Has thanked: 0

Amanita persicina

Post by Peachy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:40 pm

Greetings. Thought I would make this my first post. <3

I dont see much about this particular species, but it is the local 'muscaria' for me. In quotations because it used to be a muscaria variant but is now is own species.

I have been using this species for a few years now, and was wondering if there was anything else documented about this species? Or if anyone has had much experience with it?

From my subjective experiences, its on par with muscaria, and maybe slightly stronger than what I have tried before from outside sources. I cant say much more than that thought. Id like to learn more about what compounds are in it, and possible average amounts.

amanitadreamer

Re: Amanita persicina

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:38 am

Peachy wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:40 pm

I dont see much about this particular species, but it is the local 'muscaria' for me. In quotations because it used to be a muscaria variant but is now is own species.

I have been using this species for a few years now, and was wondering if there was anything else documented about this species? Or if anyone has had much experience with it?

From my subjective experiences, its on par with muscaria, and maybe slightly stronger than what I have tried before from outside sources. I cant say much more than that thought. Id like to learn more about what compounds are in it, and possible average amounts.
It's the species I have the most of and use the most of. I think Guessowii grow here in limited amounts but mostly I have A. P. I have only tried them and then the European ones I was sent. They are different but I wouldn't say weaker or stronger. I don't have much else to compare Persicinas with.
Welcome to the forum! What state are you in?
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Peachy

Post by Peachy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:17 pm

amanitadreamer wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:38 am
Peachy wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:40 pm

It's the species I have the most of and use the most of. I think Guessowii grow here in limited amounts but mostly I have A. P. I have only tried them and then the European ones I was sent. They are different but I wouldn't say weaker or stronger. I don't have much else to compare Persicinas with.
Welcome to the forum! What state are you in?
Down in Ga. Its what I forage here mostly as well. Ive used muscaria labeled from washington and others from Europe as well. These have quite a different feel to them lol. Its really cool you are also familar with this species! First person Ive met actually besides myself. They grow in the woods behind my house and thats where I pick them each year.

Also thanks for the welcome! Ive been watching your videos recently and enjoying them. I love that there is a community for this now. <3

Naturalist
Been thanked: 0

Post by Naturalist » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:15 pm

Miss Amanita Dreamer- I live on the MS Gulf Coast & have found quite a few Amanita Pericina’s the past few days. So I just joined your forum. Being so new, I just want to confirm that most of your videos of harvesting & processing is using the Persicina variety instead of the Muscaria. Is that correct? Is there a difference in process between the two?

After dehydrating & placing in jars; how long can they be saved before boiling in water?

BigPharmFails
Been thanked: 0

Post by BigPharmFails » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:25 am

I am going to be as vague as I can be on here. I am not a beginner forager nor would I consider myself an expert, especially when dealing with Amanita Species. I am trying to find as much information on the Amanita Persicina species. I am NOT asking for medical advice or for personal advice. I AM asking for the similarities of the Amanita Muscaria to the Amanita Persicina. Are they comparable in their chemical make up? Can they be treated and handled the same? Are there any significant differences that should be known about? Please forgive me if these questions cannot be answered here. I am alone in my area in this endeavor and am trying to do my due diligence. I happen to live in an area where that is my species of Amanita that is similar to Muscaria. My last question, are there any books, Persicina specific, that I can purchase to aid in my research. I have watched several Amanita Dreamers videos and her story resonates with me. Thank you.