Amanita Preparation For External Use

Videos focusing on the science and ecology of Amanitas and related topics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Rebis
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:07 am
Has thanked: 141 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Amanita Preparation For External Use

Post by Rebis » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 am

Here are two videos by Swanie Simon, on Amanita muscaria preparations, mainly for external use.
She talks about the toxins being absorbed through the skin when out foraging, or just general handling them, and advocates using gloves.
The mushrooms which are a bit too old for drying, she puts straight into a bottle to liquefy; a technique already discussed by some forum members.
Simon uses 95% organic ethanol with her tinctures to make them last longer.
Also, she describes making salves and ointments.
Milk Thistle is talked about, to protect the liver, because the toxins are certainly hard on the liver, she says.
I left out video II, because it is already in part I.

But the big question must be - ''are you sure the refrigerator light is really off''? :P

Title of YouTube Video: Amanita muscaria - fly agaric - Part I


Title of YouTube Video: Amanita muscaria - fly agaric - Part III


Enjoy.
Rebis. :)
These users thanked the author Rebis for the post (total 2):
UrsusSapiensasunnyday

User avatar
UrsusSapiens
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:36 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: Amanita Preparation For External Use

Post by UrsusSapiens » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:00 am

Thank you for sharing this video, Rebis. I am very happy to see this, since the juice making is essentially the same, what my russian source told me :D
Rebis wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 am
Here are two videos by Swanie Simon, on Amanita muscaria preparations, mainly for external use.
She talks about the toxins being absorbed through the skin when out foraging, or just general handling them, and advocates using gloves.
Well, gloves are a good idea, unless you want to experience the effect of AM right there in the forest - which COULD be entertaining.... ;)
But honestly, that's why even today especially women and small children are told "Don't touch the fly agaric"... If the velum ring in the upper half of the stem dries on your skin, the ibotenic acid could move through the skin into your bloodstream... In earlier times, someone intoxicated that way would stumble through the forest, get lost or fall prey to the wild animals..... Today, you would probably make it to your car and then produce a car crash on your way home.... So, either don't touch the velum or wear gloves is the way to go.
Rebis wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 am
Also, she describes making salves and ointments.
Milk Thistle is talked about, to protect the liver, because the toxins are certainly hard on the liver, she says.
If you apply the AM externally only, there is not much trouble for the liver. Considering someone uses these tinctures/ointments etc. only once every three or four days, in these quantities the liver is totally fine. A glass of wine every evening would be tougher on the liver....
Internally use is a different ball game.... but then: if you COULD convert the ibotenic acid before ingestion, there wouldn't be much hazzle with the liver.... :lol:
Rebis wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 am
But the big question must be - ''are you sure the refrigerator light is really off''? :P
Who gives a happy hahoo? I use tin foil! :lol: :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author UrsusSapiens for the post:
Rebis
Nature isn't mute - it's man who is deaf.

User avatar
amanitadreamer
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:32 pm
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: Amanita Preparation For External Use

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 pm

UrsusSapiens wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:00 am
Thank you for sharing this video, Rebis. I am very happy to see this, since the juice making is essentially the same, what my russian source told me :D
Rebis wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 am
Here are two videos by Swanie Simon, on Amanita muscaria preparations, mainly for external use.
She talks about the toxins being absorbed through the skin when out foraging, or just general handling them, and advocates using gloves.
Well, gloves are a good idea, unless you want to experience the effect of AM right there in the forest - which COULD be entertaining.... ;)
But honestly, that's why even today especially women and small children are told "Don't touch the fly agaric"... If the velum ring in the upper half of the stem dries on your skin, the ibotenic acid could move through the skin into your bloodstream... In earlier times, someone intoxicated that way would stumble through the forest, get lost or fall prey to the wild animals..... Today, you would probably make it to your car and then produce a car crash on your way home.... So, either don't touch the velum or wear gloves is the way to go.
Rebis wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 am
Also, she describes making salves and ointments.
Milk Thistle is talked about, to protect the liver, because the toxins are certainly hard on the liver, she says.
If you apply the AM externally only, there is not much trouble for the liver. Considering someone uses these tinctures/ointments etc. only once every three or four days, in these quantities the liver is totally fine. A glass of wine every evening would be tougher on the liver....
Internally use is a different ball game.... but then: if you COULD convert the ibotenic acid before ingestion, there wouldn't be much hazzle with the liver.... :lol:
Rebis wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 am
But the big question must be - ''are you sure the refrigerator light is really off''? :P
Who gives a happy hahoo? I use tin foil! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very little ibotenic acid moves from the mushroom into the skin while carrying them and picking them in the wild. You can pick freely for hours and only have a very slight but nice effect from transdermal ingestion. I handle them for hours, constantly processing them and after handling 50 or more of them for several hours at a time, I feel motivated and UP, not down. I'm not sure why you say especially women shouldn't do this. You don't say. Please provide some context to why female hormones are going to interact with ibotenic acid.
You are right about the effects on the liver especially in small amounts like this. I'm glad you say so. The more we can help correct information, the better. But even in higher quantities I have yet to find a study that shows liver damage from ibotenic acid exposure.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Splinters and Shards
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
Amanita Dreamer
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer
Facebook Amanita Dreamer

User avatar
UrsusSapiens
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:36 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: Amanita Preparation For External Use

Post by UrsusSapiens » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:48 am

amanitadreamer wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 pm
Very little ibotenic acid moves from the mushroom into the skin while carrying them and picking them in the wild. You can pick freely for hours and only have a very slight but nice effect from transdermal ingestion. I handle them for hours, constantly processing them and after handling 50 or more of them for several hours at a time, I feel motivated and UP, not down.
The transdermal ingestion produces -depending on the human AND the chemorace of the mushroom- different effects... especially different in strength. In Eastern Prussia, AMs were staple food. When the Germans were displaced from Eastern Prussia after the 2nd WW, there were lots of intoxication reports (which were thought of as poisoning), especially from Bavaria, where the displaced East Prussians found refuge. The prussians ate the AMs in Bavaria like they did in their homeland - not knowing that they encountered a different chemorace of AM, and so they accidentially "overdosed". So your mileage may vary much with your mushrooms compared to our mushrooms in Germany (or anywhere else).
amanitadreamer wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 pm
I'm not sure why you say especially women shouldn't do this. You don't say. Please provide some context to why female hormones are going to interact with ibotenic acid.
Where did I mention female hormones? Or singled out women? I wrote about "women AND children". And that's because it's a warning, that came from the 17th and 18th century, and it assumes, that women and children are more susceptible to the mushroom "poison" because they were considered to be more frail, smaller and of lighter weight. You may find the reference to this development in the book of Christian Rätsch, "Abgründige Weihnachten", or in the video of Hans-Georg Schaaf (I posted a link to this video. Sorry, German only, the auto-translation is a bit of a mess. But I am willing to help).
These users thanked the author UrsusSapiens for the post:
Splinters and Shards
Nature isn't mute - it's man who is deaf.

User avatar
amanitadreamer
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:32 pm
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: Amanita Preparation For External Use

Post by amanitadreamer » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:40 pm

UrsusSapiens wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:48 am
amanitadreamer wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 pm
Very little ibotenic acid moves from the mushroom into the skin while carrying them and picking them in the wild. You can pick freely for hours and only have a very slight but nice effect from transdermal ingestion. I handle them for hours, constantly processing them and after handling 50 or more of them for several hours at a time, I feel motivated and UP, not down.
The transdermal ingestion produces -depending on the human AND the chemorace of the mushroom- different effects... especially different in strength. In Eastern Prussia, AMs were staple food. When the Germans were displaced from Eastern Prussia after the 2nd WW, there were lots of intoxication reports (which were thought of as poisoning), especially from Bavaria, where the displaced East Prussians found refuge. The prussians ate the AMs in Bavaria like they did in their homeland - not knowing that they encountered a different chemorace of AM, and so they accidentially "overdosed". So your mileage may vary much with your mushrooms compared to our mushrooms in Germany (or anywhere else).
amanitadreamer wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 pm
I'm not sure why you say especially women shouldn't do this. You don't say. Please provide some context to why female hormones are going to interact with ibotenic acid.
Where did I mention female hormones? Or singled out women? I wrote about "women AND children". And that's because it's a warning, that came from the 17th and 18th century, and it assumes, that women and children are more susceptible to the mushroom "poison" because they were considered to be more frail, smaller and of lighter weight. You may find the reference to this development in the book of Christian Rätsch, "Abgründige Weihnachten", or in the video of Hans-Georg Schaaf (I posted a link to this video. Sorry, German only, the auto-translation is a bit of a mess. But I am willing to help).
My work exists solely to dispel myths and start helping to give true science based information. Stating lore as fact won't really work on this platform. When you say women and children you are singling out women. The only difference between men and women are hormones and in general muscle mass. Lore from the 17th and 18th centuries believed women were weak over all was extremely sexist against women and no warnings from that time period separating the sexes for medical use of anything should be stated as fact on this forum. I fact there is nothing about the active ingredients in AM that affect women and men differently.
Also weight or being smaller has nothing to do with how ibotenic acid or muscimol will affect a body. It has to do with existing brain chemistry, stress levels and over all health.
Books and videos are NOT science and are not good references for good information regarding learning how to use or prepare amanita. I even say so in my own videos and I back up all statements I make with research articles that I leave available on my FB page. But most especially trying to use books from the 17th and 18th centuries as factual on this forum is just not gonna work here.
Lore gives us ideas for research. And so far easily 2/3 of the lore has been proven inaccurate.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
Amanita Dreamer
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer
Facebook Amanita Dreamer

Post Reply