Confessions of a Hierophant

Videos focusing on the mythology and folklore of Amanitas (mainly Amanita Muscaria).
Sid_Hatrack

Confessions of a Hierophant

Post by Sid_Hatrack » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:20 pm

I found this video called “Confessions of a Hierophant” to be interesting. It is a single person narrative and a comprehensive account of the mythology, history and mystical experiences regarding mushrooms. It references many images and video clips, but makes sense if you are just listening to the audio portion. It is just over 3 hours long.

The word Hierophant means: a person who brings religious congregants into the presence of that which is deemed holy.

These users thanked the author Sid_Hatrack for the post:
Amanita Research

amanitadreamer

Re: Confessions of a Hierophant

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:43 am

Sid_Hatrack wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:20 pm
I found this video called “Confessions of a Hierophant” to be interesting. It is a single person narrative and a comprehensive account of the mythology, history and mystical experiences regarding mushrooms. It references many images and video clips, but makes sense if you are just listening to the audio portion. It is just over 3 hours long.

The word Hierophant means: a person who brings religious congregants into the presence of that which is deemed holy.

Sid_Hatrack wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:20 pm

I found his first version of this video a few years ago and then this revised one back in the fall. It is so eye opening isn't it? I have been sharing it with people, not sure if they watch it or not!
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer