Possibly why mushrooms have a bad rep

Papers broadly covering the Amanita genus.
amanitadreamer

Possibly why mushrooms have a bad rep

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:03 am

The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

tgt1002

Re: Possibly why mushrooms have a bad rep

Post by tgt1002 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:37 am

What I find particularly annoying is that many people in the know that will admit it is edible if you prepare it properly have no issue with calling it toxic or inedible because they personally do not think that it is worth the trouble for the taste. Its like that does not change the facts and the fact is that prepared properly it is perfectly edible.

Edit: Just like its an advanced psychoactive its an advanced edible :P Advanced level shroomie all around
Last edited by tgt1002 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:52 pm

tgt1002 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:37 am
What I find particularly annoying is that many people in the know that will admit it is edible if you prepare it properly have no issue with calling it toxic or inedible because they personally do not think that it is worth the trouble for the taste. Its like that does not change the facts and the fact is that prepared properly it is perfectly edible.
GIRL!! It's too early in the day to get me started on that bullshit.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:31 pm

I just wish I had more of a taste for mushrooms in general. I try so hard to like them, but so far unless I cook them in something cut up into tiny pieces so I get no mushroom texture I just do not enjoy them, but If I ever find my own amanitas I will effeminately extract from them fresh and then try cooking with the left over mushroom and see if I can make it desirable to me.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

khizer2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by khizer2 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:31 pm

There are a few reasons why mushrooms have a bad reputation:

Toxic Varieties: If ingested, certain wild mushrooms can be fatally poisonous. Due to the danger of inadvertently selecting a toxic mushroom, there is now a general caution surrounding mushrooms in general.

Cultural Perceptions: Mushrooms have a bad reputation because they are connected to superstitions, folklore, and/or are viewed as "unappetizing" in some cultures.

Misinformation: Untrue information regarding the effects, edibility, and nutritional value of mushrooms might exacerbate worries. For example, ignorance might lead to the idea that all mushrooms are toxic.

Hallucinogenic Varieties: Certain mushrooms can have bad consequences for the entire fungus kingdom and are outlawed in many locations, such as the psychedelic psilocybin-containing varieties.

Texture and Flavor: Some individuals onlydistaste for the flavor or texture of mushrooms, which may affect how they perceive these fungus.

Although there are legitimate worries about mushrooms, individuals may safely enjoy the numerous tasty and nutrient-dense edible kinds by being aware of them and how to identify themhttps://carolinaductandcrawl.com/