Muscimol and benzo withdrawal research paper

Papers broadly covering the Amanita genus.
Chernp
Has thanked: 0

Muscimol and benzo withdrawal research paper

Post by Chernp » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:55 am

All I know is that Amanita effects the gaba A receptor while benzo pills affect the gaba C receptors.

Here is a super interesting study to look into for Muscimol and benzo withdrawal.

MML also exhibits promising properties. Research has shown that MML is potent GABAA agonist and binds directly to the δ subunit on the GABA binding site [63]. Stimulating the δ subunit is unique for MML since none of our other medications activated this isoform. In addition, MML is not an allosteric modulator and does not induce tolerance like the BZDs, yet interestingly produces similar effects [63]. If gabapentinoids and MML were used together, their pharmacology may benefit GABAA conformation normalization. Since MML is a GABAA agonist and gabapentinoids increase extrasynaptic GABA levels, their combined actions may alleviate withdrawal symptoms. Increased GABA concentrations and a GABAA agonist may stimulate the GABAA receptor enough to allow its gating structure to return to its normal state.

Here is an important key

Muscimol does not induce tolerance like the Benzodiazepen, yet interestingly produces similar effects

Super interesting research article below

https://www.genesispub.org/restoration- ... a-analysis

amanitadreamer

Re: Muscimol and benzo withdrawal research paper

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:38 pm

Chernp wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:55 am
All I know is that Amanita effects the gaba A receptor while benzo pills affect the gaba C receptors.

Here is a super interesting study to look into for Muscimol and benzo withdrawal.

MML also exhibits promising properties. Research has shown that MML is potent GABAA agonist and binds directly to the δ subunit on the GABA binding site [63]. Stimulating the δ subunit is unique for MML since none of our other medications activated this isoform. In addition, MML is not an allosteric modulator and does not induce tolerance like the BZDs, yet interestingly produces similar effects [63]. If gabapentinoids and MML were used together, their pharmacology may benefit GABAA conformation normalization. Since MML is a GABAA agonist and gabapentinoids increase extrasynaptic GABA levels, their combined actions may alleviate withdrawal symptoms. Increased GABA concentrations and a GABAA agonist may stimulate the GABAA receptor enough to allow its gating structure to return to its normal state.

Here is an important key

Muscimol does not induce tolerance like the Benzodiazepen, yet interestingly produces similar effects

Super interesting research article below

https://www.genesispub.org/restoration- ... a-analysis

Damn, this is really great! I wish this had existed back when I was suffering so much.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer