Amanita Muscaria fresh prep *Game Changer*

This is a forum to discuss the recreational use of Amanita Muscaria. Amanita Muscaria is an incredibly potent mushroom and has many properties which directly effect the human metabolism, the impact of which remains unclear. As a result we cannot endorse the use of Amanita Muscaria in a recreational or any other fashion, however provide this forum in the spirit of public education and harm reduction.
miche
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Amanita Muscaria fresh prep *Game Changer*

Post by miche » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:40 am

hi there!

I've been micro dosing with this recipe for a few months now and want to share to the broader audience to get more testing on this process.

The general process goes as follows:
Infuse fresh amanita muscaria in vodka over a week.
Next remove the amanita muscaria and then do a 'milk punch' clarification process to get the decarboxylation.

I have bottles of each that I utilize for different purposes.

It's kind of amazing.

To begin:
750 ml of vodka
800 grams of fresh amanita muscaria

Let the amanita caps infuse for a over a week. Waiting to see that the red of the cap is seeped off and settles in the bottom of the alcohol- stunning.
When I took out the fresh mushrooms, the weight was approximately half 400 grams, so there is moisture that is being added to the overall solution of vodka/amanita muscaria remains.

Next the milk punch clarification process:
Milk punch is a classic cocktail that dates back to the 17th century, and its clarification process is both fascinating and a bit of alchemy in the world of mixology. The process involves adding milk to a citrus-acidified cocktail, which causes the milk to curdle. When the mixture is then filtered, the curds remove many of the impurities, leaving behind a clear and silky-smooth drink with a remarkable texture and flavor.

Clarification Process:
1. Mixing: First, you create your base (amanita muscaria infused vodka), and a significant amount of citrus juice (lemon or lime), which provides the acid needed for clarification.
2. Curdling: To this mixture, you add milk. The acid from the citrus causes the milk to curdle, separating into curds and whey. The curds, composed of the milk proteins, capture many of the colored and cloudy elements of the mixture. (A type of decarboxylation)
3. Resting: The mixture is then typically left to rest, which allows the curds to fully form and capture more of the impurities. This can take anywhere from a few hours to overnight. I did it once overnight. I’ve kept the curds and contemplated making panna cotta, but honestly I’m being very cautious with the dosing.
4. Filtering: After resting, the mixture is slowly and carefully filtered through a fine mesh sieve, cheesecloth, or coffee filter. This process can be repeated several times to achieve a clearer liquid. The curds are left behind, and the resulting liquid is the amanita muscaria clarified milk punch, which is clear and has a silky texture. It doesn’t make me nauseous or feel aggravated. Just very chill and slightly hallucinogenic.
5. Finishing: The clarified punch can be served immediately or bottled and stored for a period, often resulting in further flavor development.
Clarified milk punch, thanks to its alcohol content and the clarification process, is remarkably shelf-stable. When properly bottled and stored in a cool, dark place, clarified milk punch can last for several months to even years. The alcohol acts as a preservative, and the clarification process removes many of the elements that might otherwise spoil or degrade over time.

Basic Recipe:
Here's a simplified recipe to try your hand at milk punch clarification. At its core it’s a bunch of ratios
3 parts amanita muscaria vodka
1 part acid (lemon/lime juice)- refer to Amanita Dreamer’s post about lemon tek
2 parts milk product (have also used 1/2 + 1/2)

Ingredients (more specific):
- 300ml of a amanita vodka
- 100ml lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 200ml whole milk

Instructions:
1. Prepare the Base: In a large container, mix the spirit and lemon juice (acid)
2. Combine: Slowly pour the milk into your base, stirring gently as you do so. The mixture will begin to curdle almost immediately.
3. Rest: Let the mixture sit at room temperature for a few hours, or ideally, refrigerate overnight to allow the curds to fully form and gather impurities.
5. Filter: Line a sieve with a cheesecloth or use a coffee filter and place it over a large bowl or pitcher. Slowly pour the mixture through the filter. You may need to replace the cheesecloth or filter. In my trials I only did this process once. However you can repeat the process several times until the formerly red liquid runs clear.
6. Serve or Store: Once fully clarified, the milk punch, thanks to its alcohol content and the clarification process, is remarkably shelf-stable. When properly bottled and stored in a cool, dark place, clarified milk punch can last for several months. The alcohol acts as a preservative, and the clarification process removes many of the elements that might otherwise spoil or degrade over time.