Flu/cold

A forum for discussing the personal medical use of Amanita Muscaria.
Marv

Flu/cold

Post by Marv » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:47 pm

Small doses (less than 2g) have successfully stopped the symptoms of cold/flu 4 times for 3 different persons including me.
I used the tea method, the milk decoction method and the concentrated water extract method (cook dried caps in water, filter, discard solids, boil water until you get a dense resin).

Today I started to cough and feel shivers so I drank a 7 grams water infusion a few minutes ago. I will let you know how it evolves tomorrow.
These users thanked the author Marv for the post (total 2):
Amanita ResearchPeaceLoveGratitude

Amanita Research
Site Admin

Re: Flu/cold

Post by Amanita Research » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:08 pm

I've wondered about this ever since I stumbled upon this paper.

It suggests that muscimol, acting as a GABA analogue, has a direct stimulatory effect on the immune system, one that is not fully understood yet. This is thought to be due to the GABA(A) receptors that one finds on the surfaces of macrophages (and elsewhere) but it's obviously a very complicated mechanism. This paper looked at bacterial infections but I wonder whether these effects also extend to viral infections. I presume so but can't find any specific research.

According to many of the folklore traditions this is to be expected, of course, but I wonder just how far it goes.
These users thanked the author Amanita Research for the post:
UrsusSapiens

Marv

Post by Marv » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:25 am

Well I was already being hit by shivers, strong cough and mucus flows when I took the amanita. After I drank it I decided to go for a more powerful night ! So I took 2,5g of peganum harmala waited a bit and took about 1g of liberty caps while smoking some weed.
That was a nice trip focused on the rushing symptoms of viral bronchitis... I felt tired for two days after that and finally went for an amanita only night (8g) that got me recovered with crazy vital energy flows rushing through my mind and body until now. Bronchitis has stopped very fast in comparison with the surrounding people who got the same virus. Thanks medicines !
These users thanked the author Marv for the post (total 2):
UrsusSapiensAmanita Research

UrsusSapiens

Post by UrsusSapiens » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:31 am

Please correct me if I'm wrong:
You wrote, you had shivers, so I understand it, that you probably had fever....?!
After taking the AM, did your dreams change? Can you remember the dreams you had under the influence of AM during your infection? Did they portrait in any (for you) significant way the healing process?
I'm asking because I am one of those people who are haunted by extreme bizarre nightmares, whenever I get a fever. My usual way to deal with that, is to suppress the fever with paracetamol or ibuprofen, just to get some sleep.... If AM could help here to, it would be quite a relief.
Nature isn't mute - it's man who is deaf.

Marv

Post by Marv » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Sorry I did not see your answer.
I noted a great improvement of frequency and strength of my dreams in general since I started to take Amanita on a daily basis.

When I smoke weed every night I see my dreams reduced to almost nothing but since I began to take amanita they came back even when I smoke.

When I smoke weed for a long period and then I stop I always have shivers, nightmares and heavy sweating for a night or two. A few days ago I stopped from a long period of smoking and did not have any discomfort at all.

I remember one time I had a very very high fever that stopped after a vivid dream where I had been attacked by a bat in my own bed ! :D I grabbed the bat, rolled it into the sheets and threw it away. I woke up sweating like mad and the fever had stopped. It was a nap of 10 minutes !

This last time I had no special dreams, the fever had stopped during the night.
These users thanked the author Marv for the post:
Splinters and Shards

amanitalover

Post by amanitalover » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:41 pm

Can you confirm that Peganum harmala makes AM double as strong?
I read about that here:
https://drugs-forum.com/threads/amanita ... post-77144

Marv

Post by Marv » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi,
I can not confirm. In my experience harmal and amanita doesn't synergies so well. It is not about the fact that I can take both together and have a nice trip, it is more about the way I communicate with each. I am realizing that I don't talk the same way with each spirit or plant and that this combination is not the best for me to understand both.
In short I don't find that one amplifies or reduces the other significantly.

Aslo, talking about this we can recall that mixing plants together is an art that requires a serious, regular and dedicated practice and great skills of concentration, patience, autonomy. Basically we could say that one has to be ready to die from it but has to do everything possible to avoid death and then accept death when it is effectively happening... (then realize the great cosmic joke :) )

amanitalover

Post by amanitalover » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:10 pm

I confirm that harmala makes AM stronger.

Chewing gr3 Peganum harmala for 2-3min (yuk!) before swallowing (some spit it out, then it is less strong). Mounth feels bit num and taste is like puke. Expect chills through your body and a rushing sound, like a breeze after about 10-20min. 3gr is the max. Any more will not get it any better, just makes you feel more sick.
After 30-60min take the AM. Tested with 1 and 2 gr AM. great.

I also confirm what Marv said. AM is harder to hear or communicate with, like she is in the harmala buzz wind.

piwek40

Post by piwek40 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:17 pm

Marv wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:48 pm
Sorry I did not see your answer.
I noted a great improvement of frequency and strength of my dreams in general since I started to take Amanita on a daily basis.

When I smoke weed every night I see my dreams reduced to almost nothing but since I began to take amanita they came back even when I smoke.

When I smoke weed for a long period and then I stop I always have shivers, nightmares and heavy sweating for a night or two. A few days ago I stopped from a long period of smoking and did not have any discomfort at all.

I remember one time I had a very very high fever that stopped after a vivid dream where I had been attacked by a bat in my own bed ! :D I grabbed the bat, rolled it into the sheets and threw it away. I woke up sweating like mad and the fever had stopped. It was a nap of 10 minutes !

This last time I had no special dreams, the fever had stopped during the night.
When you saying that you started to take amanita on daily bases, how much do you take and in what form and for how long continuously?