Sensitive vision/ eye sore

A forum for discussing the personal medical use of Amanita Muscaria.
Forestfairy

Sensitive vision/ eye sore

Post by Forestfairy » Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 am

Hello everyone! ☺️

I’ve already started microdosing Amanitas regarding my anxiety/depression.
Its been 3 weeks. I take the whole teaspoon 4-5 days a week. I do breaks over the weekend but because my current life situation is not stable and very stressful, I get easily anxious. Im not sure if I take it too much and too often, however, I’m experiencing some side effects which is very sensitive vision - usually I wear contacts, but can’t do it now. After last time I was wearing them, my eyes became extremely red and sore. Moreover, I literally can’t go outside and keep my eyes open, because everything is too bright and the light burns my eyes. Of course I consider that it might be an infection after wearing contacts and I started using eye drops with antibiotics but I’ve been thinking if it actually can be a side effect after Amanitas ? As those mushrooms affect/improve the vision? Is there anyone with similar experience ?🙈
These users thanked the author Forestfairy for the post:
Imme

amanitadreamer

Re: Sensitive vision/ eye sore

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon May 11, 2020 7:11 pm

Forestfairy wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 am
Hello everyone! ☺️

Its been 3 weeks. I take the whole teaspoon 4-5 days a week. I do breaks over the weekend but because my current life situation is not stable and very stressful, I get easily anxious. Im not sure if I take it too much and too often, however, I’m experiencing some side effects which is very sensitive vision - usually I wear contacts, but can’t do it now. After last time I was wearing them, my eyes became extremely red and sore. Moreover, I literally can’t go outside and keep my eyes open, because everything is too bright and the light burns my eyes. Of course I consider that it might be an infection after wearing contacts and I started using eye drops with antibiotics but I’ve been thinking if it actually can be a side effect after Amanitas ? As those mushrooms affect/improve the vision? Is there anyone with similar experience ?🙈
I can promise you no one had panic worse than I when I started on Amanita. This mushroom is very sensitive and the best results happen in the smaller doses taken in intervals. Every day is simply way too much. The gaba and gabinergic pathways move and change slowly. When you don't give it a chance to work you wind up over dosing yourself. Please reduce yourself to no more than once every 2 or 3 days at the very minimum.
In my case I had photosensitivity and this mushroom reduced it greatly which lends creedence to your suddenly having it on such a high dose. This mushroom will balance and if you didn't have it before and do now, then that is def a high dose situation.
It may improve vision but photosensitivity has nothing to do with vision acquity.
PLEASE consider reducing how much you take. Try to let it work, give it time, listen to your body. I can't know what dose is right for you but I can say that so far what I hear from others and what I get, no one is having a good experience taking it daily and the best reports are from people taking it every 3 days as a high dose, once a week as a medium dose and once every 10 days to 2 weeks as a light dose.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 2):
ZeeImme
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Donn

Post by Donn » Mon May 11, 2020 11:38 pm

I've never heard of it (for what it's worth, which isn't much.) And it sounds like for amanitadreamer, it actually helped reduce light sensitivity. I assume you're using Amanita muscaria; it's a natural product that varies a lot, so you may find that you have some stuff that's very different from what we're used to.

Something's doing it, in any case, and I guess you never know how some pharmaceuticals etc. might interact with the active ingredients in muscaria. One thing that's well known to cause light sensitivity is atropine. And B2 deficiency - make sure you're eating well and getting plenty of vitamins. In any case, if it keeps up ... that can't be good. I'm sure you have more sense than to keep using your Amanita tea if it continues to have this kind of effect on you.
These users thanked the author Donn for the post (total 2):
ForestfairyImme

Forestfairy

Post by Forestfairy » Tue May 12, 2020 1:52 am

amanitadreamer wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:11 pm
Forestfairy wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 am
Hello everyone! ☺️

I can promise you no one had panic worse than I when I started on Amanita. This mushroom is very sensitive and the best results happen in the smaller doses taken in intervals. Every day is simply way too much. The gaba and gabinergic pathways move and change slowly. When you don't give it a chance to work you wind up over dosing yourself. Please reduce yourself to no more than once every 2 or 3 days at the very minimum.
In my case I had photosensitivity and this mushroom reduced it greatly which lends creedence to your suddenly having it on such a high dose. This mushroom will balance and if you didn't have it before and do now, then that is def a high dose situation.
It may improve vision but photosensitivity has nothing to do with vision acquity.
PLEASE consider reducing how much you take. Try to let it work, give it time, listen to your body. I can't know what dose is right for you but I can say that so far what I hear from others and what I get, no one is having a good experience taking it daily and the best reports are from people taking it every 3 days as a high dose, once a week as a medium dose and once every 10 days to 2 weeks as a light dose.
Omg🙈 thank you so much for your reply. I wasn’t aware that it might be too much. I wasn’t 100% sure how often should I take it in the beginning and probably that’s why I ended up doing it almost every day. I’lol def reduce the dose and hopefully it’ll help with my eyes sensitivity.
I’m so grateful you’re here to give some advice as it’s completely a new thing for me.
These users thanked the author Forestfairy for the post:
Imme

Donn

Post by Donn » Tue May 12, 2020 3:11 pm

I could have missed something, it isn't clear to me how we'd really know. Your "the whole teaspoon" could have a very wide range of potency, depending on the preparation and the mushrooms you started with.

But that's just my usual overly analytical perspective. If you can back down the dosage and it solves the problem, that's perfect.

Forestfairy

Post by Forestfairy » Wed May 13, 2020 11:01 am

Donn wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:11 pm
I could have missed something, it isn't clear to me how we'd really know. Your "the whole teaspoon" could have a very wide range of potency, depending on the preparation and the mushrooms you started with.

But that's just my usual overly analytical perspective. If you can back down the dosage and it solves the problem, that's perfect.
So I’m preparing tea according to Amanita Dreamers (from 15g cracker dried mushrooms, different sizes and 250-300ml water, simming about 25mins), and Im using a little measures which are supposed to be a standard 1/4, 1/2 tbl which comparing to tea spoons I have in the house, 1/2tbl is like a whole teaspoon. I just thought it’d be a good
Idea to find some standard measure system while micordosing as tea spoons might differ.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sun May 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Donn wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:11 pm

It's the problem with this mushroom, the huge variance in potency. I have to start over with every new batch I make, BUT most of the time the dose is the same. Every once in a while it's weaker and I have to dose up, rarely has it been too strong. But because I make so much, I only have to go through that trial and error once a month.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer