Insomnia

A forum for discussing the personal medical use of Amanita Muscaria.
Beerad1228
Been thanked: 0

Insomnia

Post by Beerad1228 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:57 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before. I couldn’t find much info about it. I have really bad insomnia. I have to take ambien almost every night and I want to get off of them. So I have some dried Amanitas coming in the mail. I plan on making a tea and microdosing. I understand everyone’s chemistry is different and what works for one person might not work for me. I’m just looking for general guidelines. Should I start with 1/8 teaspoon? How far ahead of bedtime should I take this? Also is this something that I need to take every night, or do you think I may begin to start sleeping good on my off days too? Thank you everyone 🙏🏼

Gjayy

Re: Insomnia

Post by Gjayy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:42 pm

Following! Would also like to know....

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:51 pm

Beerad1228 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:57 pm
Sorry if this has been asked before. I couldn’t find much info about it. I have really bad insomnia. I have to take ambien almost every night and I want to get off of them. So I have some dried Amanitas coming in the mail. I plan on making a tea and microdosing. I understand everyone’s chemistry is different and what works for one person might not work for me. I’m just looking for general guidelines. Should I start with 1/8 teaspoon? How far ahead of bedtime should I take this? Also is this something that I need to take every night, or do you think I may begin to start sleeping good on my off days too? Thank you everyone 🙏🏼
I found that taking it about 2 to 3 hours before I wanted to go to sleep, worked best. The front load of ibotenic acid which is going to be there, takes about that long. I use that time to get shit done LOL. If I use lemon to decarb more of it I still find that rush of motivation and energy before the sleep comes. Just experiment with it. I take mine around 7 and wind up feeling sleepy between 9 and 10.
I did wind up taking less over time and now about once a month tweaks the systems and gets me back on track unless I'm going through stressful events, like elections, pandemics, lockdown, taking 8.5 gms of psilocybin etc... LOL
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Arktos
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

MushLuv
Has thanked: 0

Post by MushLuv » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:12 am

I just started experimenting with AM tincture for insomnia as well. I also find I need to take it earlier (around 7:00pm), especially if taking larger doses, otherwise I'm too stimulated. I've been experimenting with taking anywhere between 15 to 40 drops of tincture before bed and during the day. My main question is: Is there any known harm to taking a dose nightly, before bed, for a while, for insomnia? I noticed on the microdosing video, AD seemed to persuade against using it daily? Also, anybody care to share their effects from a macrodose? I plan on trying a macro next. Thanks!
These users thanked the author MushLuv for the post:
Arktos

insomniahell
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by insomniahell » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:59 pm

hi, my main interest in beginning to use am is for bad insomnia. i currently take gabapentin for neuropathy and 2yrs ago when it was prescribed for neuropathy it was also prescribed for lifelong sleep maintenance insomnia (currently 1200mg/night). it worked brilliantly for both until a couple months ago 1.1.22 i had a major relapse of my sleep maintenance insomnia (i believe bc the gp had become ineffective at 1200mg/night). i now get only 3hrs/night avg. i had also been using cannabis for sleep & pain during this time and when the relapse happened, the cannabis became completely ineffective at any amount and have reduced cannabis use to very minimal use. so i thought about increasing the dosage of gp but def don't believe that that is a solution - rather it will just be impossible to keep upping the gp dose and then have a gp problem (which i kinda already do because to stop altogether now will def exacerbate my insomnia). i've been looking for good info about using am with gp or as a way to get off gp. i've heard a warning from AD re using am w/other gaba-ergic drugs but not specifically gp. SOOooooo, i AM def planning on pursuing microdosing am in order to replace gp and serve as my last best hope to deal w/this insomnia. My question is:
DO I NEED TO BE TOTALLY OFF GP B4 STARTING TO MICRODOSE OR CAN I BEGIN MICRODOSING WHILE TAPERING OFF GP. SAME Q FOR MACRODOSE AT AN AD CEREMONY IN MARCH 22.
thank you for reliable answers to this issue, robert