New user's microdosing experience

A forum for discussing the personal medical use of Amanita Muscaria.
silverhair
Has thanked: 0

New user's microdosing experience

Post by silverhair » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:08 pm

I'm starting this thread as a new user of Amanita to share my microdosing experiences. I have used Amanita muscaria once before about 4 weeks ago with what, at the time, I thought was little effect, but then experienced some HUGE emotional shifts over the next 2-3 weeks that were otherwise totally out of the blue. So since then I've been watching as many Amanita Dreamer videos as I can and am MUCH better informed (I now realize I was really lucky that my first experience didn't make me very sick!).

I received a shipment of Siberian Amanita yesterday from MN Nice Botanicals (15g each of caps and powder). I measured the powder and it's nearly exactly 8 teaspoons (of dry power) by volume. I used this to calculate the equivalent of teaspoons of tea for "standard dosing" (ie. 1 cup of tea from 15g of caps). I used the amount of powder that would be equivalent to 1/2 tsp of "standard" tea (knowing that your mileage may vary & that natural substances are not "standardized"). So this is calibrating, sort of, this particular batch of Amanita powder and finding out what my microdose level is, both at once. I realize this will be an iterative process!

So I put the measured dose (about 1/3 of 1/4 tsp of powder--or approximately (I had to eyeball) 1/12 of a teaspoon powder is about equivalent to 1/2 tsp of "standard" tea) in about a tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice for 20 minutes (so approximately 30% decarb). I then added some water (for palatablility) and drank it around 3 in the afternoon. I experienced mild nausea and very subtle calm and emotional warmth spread throughout my body.

Then just before bed, to my surprise, I was strongly guided to smoke as well. So I smoked a small cap in a water pipe I have. This was a very small amount and I experienced basically no effects--maybe a slight warming sensation throughout my body (but indistinguishable from temperature regulation swings that are fairly typical/routine for me).

What I want to share is the HUGE emotional effects I experienced this morning. After what amounts to 2 microdoses the first afternoon of use (3 microdoses total in my life) I woke this morning with a romantic song playing in my head that I've been torturing myself with for weeks lately. This song has been knotting up my gut--all kinds of angsty feelings that I have been tormenting myself with. "If the world was ending you'd come over right?" My unrequited obsession says she doesn't feel that way about me. Woe is me!!! kind of stuff. This morning, though, same song in my head--absolutely NO knot in my gut!!!!! Amazing. This is huge for me. It's kind of like, "if the world was ending--who cares? I don't expect that to happen, and so what if I have 'no one' who'd want to die in my arms" etc. Just angst totally gone and I'm laughing at myself (in a warm, calm good way) that I ever spent so much time tormenting myself over this.

Just a few microdoses that had little effect on me and I'm already feeling HUGE relief! What a beautiful and amazing Wisdom Teacher and Plant Spirit Ally. I am so grateful that They have tapped me on the shoulder and are willing to work with me. And deep gratitude as well to Amanita Dreamer for helping us learn how to work with Them safely and respectfully.

Blessings Amanita Dreamer and Amanita Mushroom!!!
These users thanked the author silverhair for the post (total 2):
ArktosPlantman72

silverhair

Re: New user's microdosing experience

Post by silverhair » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:35 pm

Just a follow-up. The 2nd day, I took more Amanita to get a sense of where the micro/macrodose level was for me. I smoked some and experienced cognitive effects (like being on the edge of sleep/dreaming and waking). Later, I titrated up to the equivalent of 2 tablespoons of "standard" tea and felt mild "tripey" feeling. Also tried raw powder mixed with butter (just for palitabliity), not sure if butter was a good choice. No discernible effects.

So on the 3rd day (yesterday), I decided I wanted to experience a "trip". I prepared a 'standard' tea with the 14g of caps I had left (I'd smoked some of the 15g batch, but when I weighed what was left, the scale said 14g). I started with 4 tablespoons (twice the dose that had minor effects on the 2nd day), but ended up drinking the whole cup, waiting 20 minutes in between each 1/4 cup. I definitely "tripped". I was a little wobbly physically, but dramatically "out of it" mentally. When I closed my eyes, there were geometric patterns. Basically, cubes were forming--kind of like an artist sketching with wood-grain paint--and moving DOWN in a repetitive rhythmic pattern. I felt very physical and kind of "rumbly"--as if an engine was thruming in the background. I tried to imagine seeing a door and I went and opened the door, almost felt something like a fiery forest on the other side, but either I fell asleep or got distracted. That was a fleeting sensation that didn't go anywhere. The "thrumming" cubes were pleasant enough. I felt neither bored nor euphoric. But, basically, nothing happened. No one was there (no one but me). And nothing other than rhythmic, moving, geometric visuals when I closed my eyes. After a couple hours I started coming down, and was still tripping when I went to bed early about 4 hours after I started the experience.

Some of the message I'm getting this morning is that "no one there but me" was what I need to experience. I am reminded of a song from The Sound of Music (my mother had the album and we played it a lot growing up) that irritated me, even as a kid. In "I am 16" the girl sings, "I'm a blank page for you to write on" to the boy. That idea really pissed me off. But that's what I felt like, yesterday (and there's stuff in my history that lends itself to this idea...particularly that unrequited thing). Like I was being shown how I'm living my life as if in a waiting room, just hanging out, waiting for someone/something else to "write" the story I'll be living. That hits home a bit.

Also, I stopped chronic pot use nearly 2 weeks ago (2 weeks tomorrow) so maybe the THC is still in my system and interfering? About a month and a half ago (8/5) I used Amanita for the first time, and thought nothing happened (although, in retrospect, the emotional effects were profound!), so I did psycilocibin afterward and had a similar "trip that didn't go anywhere". I was clearly tripping, and nothing really happened. So I'm going to stick to the microdose schedule (which, I think, means I should start again with the 3 days tonight before bed?), and let the pot work its way out of my system. Don't know that I'll post more here unless there's some indication that this is interesting to anyone else. I haven't been able to find the stuff that Amanita Dreamer talks about where people share their experiences with her. Maybe it's not up on YouTube/the web. I'll just keep working with these beautiful beings, and see what unfolds, with tremendous gratitude to Amanita Dreamer for helping me understand how to do so safely and responsibly. Blessings!
These users thanked the author silverhair for the post (total 3):
ItsmekellytArktosPlantman72

HunterGatherer

Post by HunterGatherer » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:22 pm

Hi, This is interesting, so please continue posting.

I found the 'Sound of music' song lyric point interesting.
The messages in music have an effect on the sub-conscious, especially on young minds I would think.

I have just discovered the potential effects of Amanita so am researching and hoping to find my first one soon.

All the best
These users thanked the author HunterGatherer for the post:
Itsmekellyt

Itsmekellyt
Been thanked: 0

Post by Itsmekellyt » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:34 am

silverhair wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:35 pm
Just a follow-up. The 2nd day, I took more Amanita to get a sense of where the micro/macrodose level was for me. I smoked some and experienced cognitive effects (like being on the edge of sleep/dreaming and waking). Later, I titrated up to the equivalent of 2 tablespoons of "standard" tea and felt mild "tripey" feeling. Also tried raw powder mixed with butter (just for palitabliity), not sure if butter was a good choice. No discernible effects.

So on the 3rd day (yesterday), I decided I wanted to experience a "trip". I prepared a 'standard' tea with the 14g of caps I had left (I'd smoked some of the 15g batch, but when I weighed what was left, the scale said 14g). I started with 4 tablespoons (twice the dose that had minor effects on the 2nd day), but ended up drinking the whole cup, waiting 20 minutes in between each 1/4 cup. I definitely "tripped". I was a little wobbly physically, but dramatically "out of it" mentally. When I closed my eyes, there were geometric patterns. Basically, cubes were forming--kind of like an artist sketching with wood-grain paint--and moving DOWN in a repetitive rhythmic pattern. I felt very physical and kind of "rumbly"--as if an engine was thruming in the background. I tried to imagine seeing a door and I went and opened the door, almost felt something like a fiery forest on the other side, but either I fell asleep or got distracted. That was a fleeting sensation that didn't go anywhere. The "thrumming" cubes were pleasant enough. I felt neither bored nor euphoric. But, basically, nothing happened. No one was there (no one but me). And nothing other than rhythmic, moving, geometric visuals when I closed my eyes. After a couple hours I started coming down, and was still tripping when I went to bed early about 4 hours after I started the experience.

Some of the message I'm getting this morning is that "no one there but me" was what I need to experience. I am reminded of a song from The Sound of Music (my mother had the album and we played it a lot growing up) that irritated me, even as a kid. In "I am 16" the girl sings, "I'm a blank page for you to write on" to the boy. That idea really pissed me off. But that's what I felt like, yesterday (and there's stuff in my history that lends itself to this idea...particularly that unrequited thing). Like I was being shown how I'm living my life as if in a waiting room, just hanging out, waiting for someone/something else to "write" the story I'll be living. That hits home a bit.

Also, I stopped chronic pot use nearly 2 weeks ago (2 weeks tomorrow) so maybe the THC is still in my system and interfering? About a month and a half ago (8/5) I used Amanita for the first time, and thought nothing happened (although, in retrospect, the emotional effects were profound!), so I did psycilocibin afterward and had a similar "trip that didn't go anywhere". I was clearly tripping, and nothing really happened. So I'm going to stick to the microdose schedule (which, I think, means I should start again with the 3 days tonight before bed?), and let the pot work its way out of my system. Don't know that I'll post more here unless there's some indication that this is interesting to anyone else. I haven't been able to find the stuff that Amanita Dreamer talks about where people share their experiences with her. Maybe it's not up on YouTube/the web. I'll just keep working with these beautiful beings, and see what unfolds, with tremendous gratitude to Amanita Dreamer for helping me understand how to do so safely and responsibly. Blessings!
Thank you so much for this. Please update, Exactly what I’m looking for in here, what people are doing in detail and what their experiences are. Thank you for sharing