Using AM while using Concerta or Vyvanse

A forum for discussing the personal medical use of Amanita Muscaria.
Sweetness

Using AM while using Concerta or Vyvanse

Post by Sweetness » Sat May 28, 2022 4:27 am

I have been taking ADHD medication for 15+ years. It has been tremendously helpful and I don't want to stop. Does anyone have any personal experience with taking these meds and AM together?
Over time I will share my experiences. Currently I'm waiting for my first ever AM coming in the mail and will be following @amanitadreamer 's microdosing protocol.

Please share your experiences with AM and prescription ADHD medication if you have any.

Thank you very much,

Sweetness

amanitadreamer

Re: Using AM while using Concerta or Vyvanse

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:06 pm

Sweetness wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:27 am
I have been taking ADHD medication for 15+ years. It has been tremendously helpful and I don't want to stop. Does anyone have any personal experience with taking these meds and AM together?
Over time I will share my experiences. Currently I'm waiting for my first ever AM coming in the mail and will be following @amanitadreamer 's microdosing protocol.

Please share your experiences with AM and prescription ADHD medication if you have any.

Thank you very much,

Sweetness
Many people use dried muscaria as a treatment for ADHD, just eating small pieces of it in the morning. It is a stimulant. We have zoom meetings about it in my member community. Knowing this I would think that using it with a lot of ibotenic acid in addition to your medication might result in overmedicating yourself. I would be interested in knowing what you have chosen to do and the results of it.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Sweetness
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

WIV
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIV » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:59 pm

Hi!

Wondering the same how it might be with vyvanse. I don't take my vyvanse daily, but couple of times a week and I take breaks pretty often. So I was not too scared to try out the muscaria. I don't take them on a same day.

Made two different sets of tea, one cold brew and one boiled one. I assume that the cold brew with more ibotenic acid should be the one for ADHD, but it turned out that it just totally knocks me out after one hour :lol: For me it feels kind of similar if I take too small dose of vyvanse, it tends to make me tired. The boiled one with more muscamol calms me down and boosts my creativity. After a while I get tired but it is less like a crash.

I have tried both of the teas a couple of times. What I have seen so far is that my resting heart rate stays at lower level for a longer periods of time, even when I take my vyvanse. Before it used to spike after my meds. Now the spike is gone and my hr rises just slightly.

So far it seems that I can't use the muscaria for my ADHD, but I belive I can use it occasionally to calm my body down as I tend to have some anxiety which manifests pretty strongly in my body.

eucalyptus

Post by eucalyptus » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:37 pm

Last edited by eucalyptus on Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

eucalyptus

Post by eucalyptus » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:42 pm

Last edited by eucalyptus on Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:13 pm

WIV wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:59 pm
What I have seen so far is that my resting heart rate stays at lower level for a longer periods of time, even when I take my vyvanse. Before it used to spike after my meds. Now the spike is gone and my hr rises just slightly.
Just out of curiosity, have you monitored your heart rate variability, and if so, did you notice any changes on Amanita?
Primal Northwest
https://www.primalnw.com