Eating Raw Dried Amanitas

A place for discussing casual and recreational use of Amanita Muscaria.
Amanita Virosa

Eating Raw Dried Amanitas

Post by Amanita Virosa » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:19 pm

I’m just going to be kind of straightforward with this, and I don’t mind if people tell me not to go through with it. I’ve ordered some dried Amanitas from Lithuania supposed to be in a vacuum sealed plastic bag. I’ve already asked them to cancel the order because I learned a lot more about this mushroom after seeing Amanita dreamer’s channel. My intention was to eat them straight out of the bag maybe starting off with half a cap or a quarter. After seeing the videos and doing the research I feel like it’s unsafe for me to even eat a crumb of these mushrooms raw. I just really don’t want to end up in the hospital, I would make tea but it’s not really an option for me because I’m living with my parents and sure they would flip out and ask all types of questions. I tried Amanita Muscaria extract recently, and the only negative effect was I went to bed feeling feverish and excruciating heart burn so bad I could not sleep. I think I took to much though and hadn’t done the research. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I’d hate to waste these beautiful mushrooms but if it’s too much of a risk to eat raw dried mushrooms from Lithuania I don’t mind throwing them away.

Donn

Re: Eating Raw Dried Amanitas

Post by Donn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:50 am

"Your mileage may vary." This is a product of nature, so they can be different from one sample to the next, even when they're more or less the same taxonomically, and what I've eaten comes from the other side of the world here in western North America. Also different people react differently.

That said, I've eaten pieces of dried caps and it hasn't been any trouble at all. Especially when there's no worms, and if there were worms it's just kind of off-putting, not harmful. But as you might expect, I haven't experienced any trouble with them when consumed as the conventional broth either. Whatever symptoms you've had, I suppose there's a good chance you will have the same problem next time. But there's very little chance that "a crumb" is going to do anything at all, and you can work up from there. If you want to.
These users thanked the author Donn for the post:
Amanita Virosa

Tonycc
Has thanked: 0

Re: Eating Raw Dried Amanitas

Post by Tonycc » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:59 pm

Hello
I saw this post and I too have ordered amanita dried mushrooms (from Italy). I am worried about how safe they are, and how much one should eat.
I have never even drank a beer or smoked a cigarette, so I have no knowledge of mushrooms at all.
I’m not interested in them in the recreational sense, but for there effect on depression.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
These users thanked the author Tonycc for the post:
Maryyarm