Prep and dosage procedure

A forum for discussing the various ways this mushroom can be prepared.
addison.meyer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Prep and dosage procedure

Post by addison.meyer » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:48 pm

I am going to be sitting with Amanita for the first time this Christmas. I was hoping to do it on the Solstice, but my work schedule won't allow it. Based on the research I've done, I've made a plan for preparing and dosing, looking for any input or advice.

Mushrooms were collected on the coast on 11/11 this year.
I dried the mushrooms in a food dehydrator on high, 170F. They are stored in a jar and I open the jar daily to "burp" it to make sure the moisture content stays low.
I am going to boil 15grams in one cup of water for about 30 min, then top off with more water so that the mixture is exactly one cup.
Then my partner and I are going to start with 1/2 teaspoon and check in every 20 min or so.
We are NOT looking to have a full on experience, however we would like to do slightly more than a micro-dose. It is also going to be just the two of us, so I want us to both be able to help the other if something doesn't go right.

I am hoping to approach the mushroom gently and with respect as well as avoid any negative effects such as spasm or vomiting. I have stopped smoking cannabis is preparation and we will also refrain from drinking two days before and after.

If you have an suggestions or ideas of how I can do this better, please let me know. Thank you!