Ointment?

A forum for discussing the various ways this mushroom can be prepared.
Austin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ointment?

Post by Austin » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:00 am

I'm looking into making a 'flying ointment' . Do any of ya'll have a recipe for making an amanita ointment or have any experience using an ointment preparation? Thank you!

Kill_blind_elite

Re: Ointment?

Post by Kill_blind_elite » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:32 am

Your not thinking of using the traditional herbs used in flying ointment are you? Alot of those herbs are dangerous and not a joke. Brugmansia, belladonna, datura, deadly nightshade and the others are serious plants, that if not understood correctly can kill you or even mess your body up, or causing psychological problems. If you are looking for something to induce out of body experiences than i can help you with that. There are plenty of plants that aid in astral projection, as well as techniques that are great to exercise! Get ahold of me if this is your intension.
These users thanked the author Kill_blind_elite for the post:
amanitalover

Kill_blind_elite

Post by Kill_blind_elite » Thu May 28, 2020 5:19 am

@ austin , i wasn't trying to be a jerk. Just trying to keep you safe. I have studied ethnobotany and chemistry for almost 20 years. And know the dangers of tropane alkaloids.
As far as an amanita ointment? That's easy man. Lets make one! .... You will need a standard dosage that can seep into the skin that is weighable. So if you start out with ethanol (the safest would be everclear) organic if you can find it. If you can't find everclear where you live then you can use the highest grain alcohol that you can find like triple distilled vodka or even rum. It's legal in my state to make everclear at home!
If your into alchemy or magick, then you can start your ointment on a Wednesday on an hour of mercury ( preferably when mercury is in it's exaltation. This is all cause amanita carries all the traits of a mercurial plant.
Take your starting amount, lets say 30 grams of dried material and then pour the alcohol into a mason jar or sealable beaker to cover the amanita completely and then a couple inches more and seal. In alchemy this would be called hermetically sealed.
Let this sit for at least two to three weeks, a lunar month is 28 days and an alchemical month is 40. The alchemist used to macerate all of their plant material for an alchemical month. Ethanol (grain alcohol) is an amazing solvent! The ethanol will strip all of the alcohol soluble chemicals, compounds and alkaloids out of the plant material.
Strain into another vessel ( bowl, jar, beaker, whatever you have on hand) you can strain it through a coffee filter spoon seeve, cheesecloth, cut up shirt, whatever you can find.
Now you can do one of two things, you can either take this new vessel with your strained amanita alcohol and let it sit without a lid and evaporate most of the way, or you can double boil in a water bath. That just means putting a small boiling pot inside of a larger boiling pot and then slowly turn it up until the inner pot with just the amanita alcohol starts steaming. The reason you do this in a double boil or (water bath) is because you can't just boil straight alcohol cause it's flammable (volatile).
It's important to get the dose down into an amount that can be rubbed into the skin. So say you were going to use 5 gram doses, then you would want 5 grams worth of that stuff in about a dram or two. No more than 5 ml or you'll have to rub alot of oil on you! .
If you have a way to weigh out drams, thats good, if not go with ml so you want half the amount as what your going to rub into your skin so that you can add your base, olive oil/jojoba oil/avacado oil/grapeseed oil/ beeswax whatever you are using, you can even melt down beezwax and add one of those oils to make it stiffer, coconut oil is almost completely solid at room temp, so you have alot of choices.
Back to double boiler! Get it down to a manageable amount so say you want a dose to be 5 ml, then you want to get your alcohol slurry down to maybe 2 ml a dose without it going completely dry, i mean you could let it go all the way dry, but it may stick to your pot.
At 2 ml per dose,that would mean 12 ml of liquid you would want to be left with.
Then you would pour this into a small wide-mouthed jar or something to keep it in that. Has a bit more room to add your preferred base oil or wax.
Add 12 ml of base and mix, that would be the simple thing cause two ml plus two ml would be 6 dosages at 4 ml a dosage.
You could also heat this up very gently in another double bath and evaporate until you have 12 ml of oil getting rid of all of the alcohol at this point and then a dose would be 2 ml. Very small, very potent! If you need help understanding that, just ask questions and i will try to help.
These users thanked the author Kill_blind_elite for the post (total 4):
ZombieAngelMcpatoDaveLeightonzachsmom97

Tin man

Post by Tin man » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:57 pm

Hello KBE,

Thanks so much for your very informative post.
It is exactly what I’m seeking to do, am ointment or salve with coconut and/or beeswax as a base.

I’m I missing anything in your words of wisdom about transferred into a solid? Did you mention this process?

As for the individual dosing per application, I’m a bit lost on the “How to”. If you like we can move this off to a PM between us on this board. Or simply continue along on the forum.

Your call, thanks, TM