Does Ibotenic acid induce anxiety?

A forum for discussing the various ways this mushroom can be prepared.
Sid_Hatrack

Does Ibotenic acid induce anxiety?

Post by Sid_Hatrack » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:51 am

I am interested to know if anyone with experience can comment on eating uncooked dried caps.

I had planned to make tea (and still do), but when my caps arrived recently, I opened the sealed bag to transfer them to a glass jar with a packet of desiccant. In transferring them I was captivated by how beautiful they were, bright red and perfectly round caps. I am not usually very spontaneous, but I felt compelled to wet my finger, press it in the dust and ate it. I thought this small amount would be sub-threshold, but to my surprise about ten minutes later I felt a slight sedation, a bit spacey and anxious. About an hour or so later I felt quite tired and had to lie down, although I did not sleep. I wondered if this was just placebo so a few hours later I ate a grain of rice size piece of cap. I did this about 4 times that day. Each time I felt slight sedation and anxiety. However, after the anxiety passed, I felt quite chipper and found myself singing off and on and going for a long walk.

I did not want to believe that AM was causing anxiety so the next day was a repeat, eating the same small dose about four times inter-spaced by 3 or 4 hours. Each dose was about .02 gram. Again, sedation with anxious feelings and self-doubt about what I was doing and later, not euphoria, but just feeling good.

I decided to see where this would go and the third day I started again with a same sized dose. This time I felt depressed and my thinking felt spacey. I did a second dose and I still felt off my game and it came to me to stop this experiment which I did and have had no AM since.

My understanding is that cooking is to reduce the nausea from Ibotenic acid by converting it to muscimol, but now I am wondering if Ibotenic acid produces anxiety and that cooking takes that away. After reading so many reports of how AM reduces anxiety I am wondering why my experience was contrary.

Thanks for any feedback.

amanitadreamer

Re: Does Ibotenic acid induce anxiety?

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:37 pm

Sid_Hatrack wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:51 am
I am interested to know if anyone with experience can comment on eating uncooked dried caps.

I had planned to make tea (and still do), but when my caps arrived recently, I opened the sealed bag to transfer them to a glass jar with a packet of desiccant. In transferring them I was captivated by how beautiful they were, bright red and perfectly round caps. I am not usually very spontaneous, but I felt compelled to wet my finger, press it in the dust and ate it. I thought this small amount would be sub-threshold, but to my surprise about ten minutes later I felt a slight sedation, a bit spacey and anxious. About an hour or so later I felt quite tired and had to lie down, although I did not sleep. I wondered if this was just placebo so a few hours later I ate a grain of rice size piece of cap. I did this about 4 times that day. Each time I felt slight sedation and anxiety. However, after the anxiety passed, I felt quite chipper and found myself singing off and on and going for a long walk.

I did not want to believe that AM was causing anxiety so the next day was a repeat, eating the same small dose about four times inter-spaced by 3 or 4 hours. Each dose was about .02 gram. Again, sedation with anxious feelings and self-doubt about what I was doing and later, not euphoria, but just feeling good.

I decided to see where this would go and the third day I started again with a same sized dose. This time I felt depressed and my thinking felt spacey. I did a second dose and I still felt off my game and it came to me to stop this experiment which I did and have had no AM since.

My understanding is that cooking is to reduce the nausea from Ibotenic acid by converting it to muscimol, but now I am wondering if Ibotenic acid produces anxiety and that cooking takes that away. After reading so many reports of how AM reduces anxiety I am wondering why my experience was contrary.

Thanks for any feedback.
I did this and make 2 videos about it. They are called Microding Ibotenic Acid. I didn't get anxiety though. And I get anxiety from EVERYTHING. I think the small amount of muscimol onboard helps prevent it. Cooking makes that conversion. I think it depends on each person's biochemistry.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Donn

Post by Donn » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:21 pm

I wonder if there are effects that we more or less all have in common from ibotenic acid, and then some `second order' effects like anxiety that may come out of a reaction to a primary effect. Not necessarily any physiological difference at all, could be purely psychological.

Damon

Post by Damon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:19 am

If the AMs are dried, should I still make a tea? Can you just eat these once they are dried?

Isan

Post by Isan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:08 am

Damon wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:19 am
If the AMs are dried, should I still make a tea? Can you just eat these once they are dried?
I would follow Amanita Dreamer's YouTube videos for preparation and add it to your tea or just take it by itself. Dose accordingly to what your intended outcome is.
May Peace Prevail on Earth