Optimal muscimol extraction methods

A forum for discussing the various ways this mushroom can be prepared.
PDXian
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Optimal muscimol extraction methods

Post by PDXian » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:27 am

From the 15 grams of AM dried caps and a cup of water preparation, how much liquid of this concoction is a single dose once cooked and strained? I can't seem to find that specific answer on your youtube, Facebook, or website pages.

Thank you!

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:43 pm

Sorry to chime in so late on this. Based on the way you said A++ Caps I suspect we may be getting our caps from the same source. Not sure on rules here on vendors so till I look into that I'll just say a small US based company that deals in many different legal entheogens, but they describe their caps as A++. If we are getting from the same place then you know they are supposedly slow dried at low temps for 5+ years (idk if this is true). My small amount of anecdotal personal experience is leading me to believe that they are dried over a long period of time. The texture combined with the seemingly low potency. Anyway if we are getting from the same source and you wanna share/compare notes let me know 😊 because I really like the vendor in general, but kind of wish there was a different option for Amanitas assuming my assumptions are not faulty.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:23 pm

I feel dumb I spent a few mins and a lot of places call thier caps A++ just marketing duh lol.
~IDK who said this

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:06 pm

So I'm doing a small experiment with panther caps and it looks like the online statements that ethanol actually has very low solubility of this stuff which it says online I just didn't believe, but it seemed clear to me it was true now that I started working with 95% ethanol. This leads me to believe that if I make a really clean extract and dissolve it in as little water water or methanol as possible then slowly cool it then slowly add pure ethanol while stirring it might knock solubility down enough to cause some crystals to form as they are forced out if solution. This is a big big maybe and even if it works I imagine the yield would be atrocious, but hey this is what I'm gonna try and do once I have a reasonable amount of a reasonably clean and strong extract. The one thing about this method is that even if it works it will only be available to people in places 95% alcohol is purchasable.
~IDK who said this