Optimal muscimol extraction methods

A forum for discussing the various ways this mushroom can be prepared.
Anata1023
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Optimal muscimol extraction methods

Post by Anata1023 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:35 pm

What are most optimal methods of extraction of muscimol and other derivatives from dried amanitas?

Kill_blind_elite

Re: Optimal muscimol extraction methods

Post by Kill_blind_elite » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Sorcery!!! Use incantations in a low humming voice and command the muscimol out of the plant! But this must be done by first boiling the mushroom for over half an hour to an hour on a slow simmer.
I've always had good results using a wand and a magical lemon from my fridge.
Powder your amanita with a mortar and pestle, 10 to 15 grams and then squirt the juice of your magic lemon over the top to cover your powder, let sit for an hour or 2 while praying to your preferred god/goddess with the utmost reverent fervour. Then boil for that hour (or so) until the mushrooms lose their color. Strain, and put in fridge. Start out with small amounts and wait up to three hours for the magic prayers to take hold!
These users thanked the author Kill_blind_elite for the post (total 3):
ImmeNMNAT2Matt

chrisdoogy

Post by chrisdoogy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi! I read that the lemon tek can cause conversion of muscimol into muscarine in the body. Is this true? Also, what percent of ibotenic acid is converted to muscimol from boiling in alcohol? Are there any adverse effects of this method of preparation? I'd love to get anyone's input, especially the Amanita Dreamer! @amanitadreamer

Donn

Post by Donn » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:49 pm

chrisdoogy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:23 pm
I read that the lemon tek can cause conversion of muscimol into muscarine in the body.
My opinion is that if you can recall where you read that, never believe anything else you read from that source.

1. Muscarine is a significantly different molecule from muscimol, enough that conversion between them is implausible. I predict that you will be unable to find any valid reference to a conversion from one to the other by any means.
2. Acidic preparations are going to affect the chemistry before consumption, not after. The stomach will be a strongly acidic environment anyway. What happens in the body - I guess this would mainly mean in the liver - won't be affected by the lemon juice.
Also, what percent of ibotenic acid is converted to muscimol from boiling in alcohol?
I don't know, but what's potentially relevant here is that alcohol boils at 173°F, much lower than water at 212°F. My guess would be that this is the principle relevant difference.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:27 pm

chrisdoogy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:23 pm
Hi! I read that the lemon tek can cause conversion of muscimol into muscarine in the body. Is this true? Also, what percent of ibotenic acid is converted to muscimol from boiling in alcohol? Are there any adverse effects of this method of preparation? I'd love to get anyone's input, especially the Amanita Dreamer! @amanitadreamer
I've read some stupid shit but that one rises to the top LOL! I would love to know where that little gem was written, but then again, I don't feel like getting ragey today. I'm so sorry there's so much shitty info out there. Muscarine is a molecule in amanitas in such small amounts that it is insignificant. I feel sure that it's there for a purpose and we just don't know what that is yet. Muscimol does not convert into anything and can only break down into its component parts.
I agree with Don on all he said especially the temperature. Fermentation can convert ibo to musc but alcohol can't convert.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

chrisdoogy

Post by chrisdoogy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:00 pm

@Donn @amanitadreamer I read this on a comment from this video "This could trigger what I believe is called "muscarine" poisoning. It's where muscimol turns into muscarine and causes you to go into a temporary comatose state. You will be unable to move but can remember what happens during the event. This is a very rare condition but I know of two people who use the mushroom regularly this has happened to. I have used lemon and orange juice with good results and it did seem to enhance the muscimol. Once I heard these stories though I have since stopped this method...." It sounded ridiculous but I just wanted to make sure.

Also, thanks for the clarification on converting ibotenic acid to muscimol. I am interested in trying Amanita mascaria for recreational purposes, but I am concerned about some of the potential physical and psychological side effects of ibotenic acid (I have anxiety-based OCD and a weak stomach). Do you think purchasing dry grade A++ AM, simmering it in hot water using the methods shown on the Amanita Dreamer channel, adding a squirt of lemon and swirling that for 2 minutes, and then consuming 2 g would be a good place to start? Also, I know it was mentioned on the Amanita Dreamer channel that it can be difficult to figure out dosage if you grind AM into a powder before preparing a tincture, but might this be a more efficient use of the AM? Thanks!

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:40 pm

chrisdoogy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:00 pm
@Donn @amanitadreamer I read this on a comment from this video "This could trigger what I believe is called "muscarine" poisoning. It's where muscimol turns into muscarine and causes you to go into a temporary comatose state. You will be unable to move but can remember what happens during the event. This is a very rare condition but I know of two people who use the mushroom regularly this has happened to. I have used lemon and orange juice with good results and it did seem to enhance the muscimol. Once I heard these stories though I have since stopped this method...." It sounded ridiculous but I just wanted to make sure.

Also, thanks for the clarification on converting ibotenic acid to muscimol. I am interested in trying Amanita mascaria for recreational purposes, but I am concerned about some of the potential physical and psychological side effects of ibotenic acid (I have anxiety-based OCD and a weak stomach). Do you think purchasing dry grade A++ AM, simmering it in hot water using the methods shown on the Amanita Dreamer channel, adding a squirt of lemon and swirling that for 2 minutes, and then consuming 2 g would be a good place to start? Also, I know it was mentioned on the Amanita Dreamer channel that it can be difficult to figure out dosage if you grind AM into a powder before preparing a tincture, but might this be a more efficient use of the AM? Thanks!
Thanks for letting me know, that was back when my channel was first taking off and I was so lost in all the comments and overwhelmed. I just ignored the reference. I just responded and corrected it so others coming later will see it.
Dosing has 2 important parts to it, normalizing it by making a tea or powder and then titrating up with dosing. You misundertood, I agree with powder helping to normalize it. I don't like using powder to make tea because you can't get the mushroom parts out and it will go bad faster. There's no reason to powder it unless you will be travelling with it and it's more compact.
You can' measure how much you consume in grams, it has to be measured as a liquid in volume. Make the tea, titrate up. Did you watch the dosing videos?
If you've seen my background you know I am all anxiety and panic. I even tried it raw with ibotenic acid and didn't get anxiety. I've rec dosed with no ill effects from the ibo because I decarb. I understand that fear. I live in it anytime I try anything new.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

chrisdoogy

Post by chrisdoogy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:27 pm

@amanitadreamer Okay, so the powder won't allow you to extract more muscimol/ibotenic acid per volume of AM? Because if that's the case, I probably won't bother with it.

I watched the micro/rec dosing videos, but is there one I missed? I thought I should consume a proportion of tea's volume equal to the proportion of the mass of the AM that I want to consume (eg. 15 g of AM made 500 ml of tea, if I wanted to consume 2 g worth of AM, should I then consume 2/15=0.133*500 = ~66.5 ml of the tea?).

Understood. I really appreciate you sharing your experiences with everyone looking to try AM. Since it will be my first time (I plan on microdosing 2 weeks before taking a recreational dose btw, per your advice), I plan on using the lemon tek, and if I have good results, then eventually just preparing the tea the normal way. Have you found that this is a reasonable way to start in hearing from others? I am also not sure about buying AM from a website, but has dried A++ AM worked for others you've talked to? Thanks!

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:53 pm

chrisdoogy wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:27 pm
@amanitadreamer Okay, so the powder won't allow you to extract more muscimol/ibotenic acid per volume of AM? Because if that's the case, I probably won't bother with it.

I watched the micro/rec dosing videos, but is there one I missed? I thought I should consume a proportion of tea's volume equal to the proportion of the mass of the AM that I want to consume (eg. 15 g of AM made 500 ml of tea, if I wanted to consume 2 g worth of AM, should I then consume 2/15=0.133*500 = ~66.5 ml of the tea?).

Understood. I really appreciate you sharing your experiences with everyone looking to try AM. Since it will be my first time (I plan on microdosing 2 weeks before taking a recreational dose btw, per your advice), I plan on using the lemon tek, and if I have good results, then eventually just preparing the tea the normal way. Have you found that this is a reasonable way to start in hearing from others? I am also not sure about buying AM from a website, but has dried A++ AM worked for others you've talked to? Thanks!
Powder won't make a difference. Just toss grams out the window. I made a video on a standard unit of use. If I have a drug and I have 3 different strengths of it in pills in a single container, what good is it to weigh it and say take 2 grams? 2 grams of which one? BUT if you blend them all together then you have a new measurement. Amanita are too diverse in their concentrations to think of them by weight. Its volume. And yes this means you have to start over every time you make a new batch, Which is why I say to make a large batch and just freeze it.
My method seems to be working really well from what I hear. i don't know why but it seems microdosing in advance really makes a difference. The only issue in buying is you didn't ID them yourself and/or doping them with other drugs or chemicals. I use eBay mostly so that I can read reviews of vendors. Good luck on your journey.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 2):
lafemmeFinrobin111
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

chrisdoogy

Post by chrisdoogy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:08 pm

@amanitadreamer Understood, I'll follow all your advice. Thank you!