grinding it into powder

A forum for discussing the various ways this mushroom can be prepared.
amanitalover

Re: grinding it into powder

Post by amanitalover » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:48 pm

Can anyone explain whether grinding up air dried caps into powder are good for microdosing, or does one need to make tea or heat to the recommended temps for muscolin conversion first?
yes use dried ground to powder or use fresh as tea as shown in vid. Simmer for 20 mins, strean through a tshirt. But you might get a different experience dried or fresh. The drying process converts about 30% ibutonic acid to muscamol. From the vids I get the impression muscamol is the one you want for microdosing. The ibutonic acid in the fresh supposedly gives a energetic rush, with is over after 2 hours. I have not tried that yet. I think for microdosing you need it to work longer, when you want to use this for dreaming.
If taken a bite from fresh, you might get a tummie ache. When use dried and well filtered in a tshirt you will probably not feel any discomfort in your stomach.

Whatarecats
Been thanked: 0

Post by Whatarecats » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:07 pm

Thank you! I did feel a bit of stomach pain but nothing major at all. I took a smaller piece compared to what Amanita Dreamer did in the video where she chomped on a fresh one (maybe about a third to a quarter of that).

Effects were pretty mild but a did feel a little bit buzzed.

Reason I am thinking that dried but not heated / boiled etc might be better for my micro dosing is that I thought the IA content would be higher than the musc, so more of a pick me up that relaxant? I suffer from concentration problems and anxiety, as well as tiredness, and am hoping microdosing might help a bit.

I have a family, so my ability to prepare the AM into tea etc is a bit limited.

amanitalover

Post by amanitalover » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:44 am

As far as I understand the boiling is just to release the goodies into the water. Both ibutonic acid and muscemol. (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong)

I've had good results with unboiled/unheated. 2-3gr powder with a squirt of lemonjuice in 0.5L water in a blender. Filter with a tshirt. Added some sugar just for the taste. (please note dosis is personal, and strength of shrooms can vary. And 2-3gr is not a microdose)

Grinding to powder is in my opinion the best guarantee for each dose to have the same strength. Mix well.
And there are advantages to having unrecognizeble orange powder.

Whatarecats

Post by Whatarecats » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:28 pm

Thanks. Agree that well mixed powder feels sensible for consistency in dosage.

Why lemon juice and why filtered?

Noted on your dosage. I have pretty good experience with psilocybin mushrooms and other stuff, so would expect to need a slightly stronger dosage, but am taking it slow due to toxicity/ stomach risk.

Anyone know how many days before they go bad? Am trying to dry mine but it’s taking a bit of time and am worried that they’ll end up being moist for days.

amanitalover

Post by amanitalover » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:48 pm

(going wildly off topic here)

Lemon juice to offset the ph level thus making the water more ready for disolving the ia and m. Althou like many things here, some say this, others say that, there is little scientifical prove that it actually works like that. But who can acurately measure the ia and m in water, right?

Sure your dose might be entirely different. Depends what you're aming for.

To keep them from spoiling you need ventilation more then anything. Even in this cold wet autumn weather you can use any ventilator and get most of the moist out in 2-3 days. Then dry at room temperature. And to get them crackerdry for long term storage put in an oven at lowest possible temp. Keep the door open. max 60 degrees celsius and keep checking them, when it breaks instead of bend its ready. Store in airtight container (jars) with dry-packs.

Whatarecats

Post by Whatarecats » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:26 am

Interesting, thanks. Anyone else taking small doses of dried caps?

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:15 pm

amanitalover wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:44 am
As far as I understand the boiling is just to release the goodies into the water. Both ibutonic acid and muscemol. (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong)

I've had good results with unboiled/unheated. 2-3gr powder with a squirt of lemonjuice in 0.5L water in a blender. Filter with a tshirt. Added some sugar just for the taste. (please note dosis is personal, and strength of shrooms can vary. And 2-3gr is not a microdose)

Grinding to powder is in my opinion the best guarantee for each dose to have the same strength. Mix well.
And there are advantages to having unrecognizeble orange powder.
In the raw state it has Ibotenic acid. That's the excitatory side. It converts to muscimol which is the relaxant. To convert it, use heat when drying. When boiling you convert more and yes, draw all the actives into the water. Any acid will push more conversion. Drying at heat 30% conversion, boiling, another 30 and lemon or other acid, another 30. If you don't convert well and use a large dose you will get sick. If microdosing, not converting at all shouldn't be an issue. The issue is how concentrated each mushroom is. They differ by as much as 600% so chomping into one is sketchy as fuck LOL but I do it. Eating off ones dried NOT at high heat is the same as raw and I dry some like that to use for dosing ibo when I need a kick. Powder will level out your strengths but you have to keep it super dry or it will go bad fast.
I am experimenting with drying some at heat, then soaking in lemon and they redrying them to push more conversion, gonna do a vid on it.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 2):
amanitaloverWhatarecats
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

amanitalover

Post by amanitalover » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:10 pm

Powder will level out your strengths but you have to keep it super dry or it will go bad fast.
yes, needs to be cracker crumbling dry. And add Silica Gel Packets in the airtight container. You know, those white things the size of a lighter that are in boxes when you buy new things. Small packs with silica gel beads are often used as an effective desiccant to keep moisture away from clothing, shoes, electronics and much more. So save those to keep yer shrooms dry.
I am experimenting with drying some at heat, then soaking in lemon and they redrying them to push more conversion, gonna do a vid on it.
awsome. How do you measure the conversion?

Whatarecats

Post by Whatarecats » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:28 pm

Thanks AD :). This is what I suspected, IA would give kick so micro dosing air dried would be good for energy and maybe mood/focus. Will think about cutting up into small chunks and not powder to even out strengths and work out dosage the old fashioned way - splash of this and a dash of that :)

Keep you posted.