grinding it into powder

A forum for discussing the various ways this mushroom can be prepared.
nothingman
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

grinding it into powder

Post by nothingman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:12 am

I read this on a YouTube comment:

"I pick them myself. prep them myself. i have a LOT of respect for the amanita. a lot. one gram of dried powder ( i slice and then dehydrate the caps on a cookie sheet at 200f for a couple of hours in the oven then grind up the dried pieces in a coffee grinder. after that i sieve the ground material through a screen so that i have a really fine powder. this process also ensures no nausea. none. ZERO ill effects from properly prepped amanita/) makes me feel pretty good for a few hours. with the fine powder it kicks-in in a few minutes. i feel less joint pain, less muscle pain. i fee sort of buzzy but not in a drunken way. more of a really good way, just as if the body was newer and the world was funner. i would NOT do a large dose of amanita. for a real trip, psilocybin is the thing. not amanita. amanita is better in small doses. psilocybin is for learning, for seeing. amanita is for what we wished coffee would do but it doesn't. want to paint the fence in a single day? do a gram of prepped, dried amanita."

What do you think of this approach - drying it, grinding it to a powder and having that way? Sounds like an easy approach. I am looking to try it but want to see if others have had experience with this?

Thanks

amanitadreamer

Re: grinding it into powder

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:55 pm

nothingman wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:12 am
I read this on a YouTube comment:

"I pick them myself. prep them myself. i have a LOT of respect for the amanita. a lot. one gram of dried powder ( i slice and then dehydrate the caps on a cookie sheet at 200f for a couple of hours in the oven then grind up the dried pieces in a coffee grinder. after that i sieve the ground material through a screen so that i have a really fine powder. this process also ensures no nausea. none. ZERO ill effects from properly prepped amanita/) makes me feel pretty good for a few hours. with the fine powder it kicks-in in a few minutes. i feel less joint pain, less muscle pain. i fee sort of buzzy but not in a drunken way. more of a really good way, just as if the body was newer and the world was funner. i would NOT do a large dose of amanita. for a real trip, psilocybin is the thing. not amanita. amanita is better in small doses. psilocybin is for learning, for seeing. amanita is for what we wished coffee would do but it doesn't. want to paint the fence in a single day? do a gram of prepped, dried amanita."

What do you think of this approach - drying it, grinding it to a powder and having that way? Sounds like an easy approach. I am looking to try it but want to see if others have had experience with this?

Thanks
Yeah they are basically talking about microdosing ibotenic acid. There's no nausea because they aren't taking enough to get nausea. But they are not doing any conversion, maybe 30% with the heat dry. The excitatory effects they are getting is the ibo. The powder is way to normalize it to prevent a hot dose but you'd have to use more than one mushroom. You'd also have to keep it VERY dry. You change your mind later and use powder to make a tea, it will go bad really fast.
A gram is a lot and with amanita one size does not fit all. It is a highly personal mushroom so you'd have to find your dose which is why he's getting a little bit of the high from it. Microdosing you shouldn't really feel anything. But it seems this is the effect he's wanting so it works for him.
All that prep work is unnecessary. And I do not recommend oven drying for the reasons stated in my drying videos. Once dry you can easily scrape the gills out, break it up into a coffee grinder and grind it up. No need for slicing and dicing. And no need for filtering it through a screen.
Make damn sure whatever you store it in seals well and that you keep a dessicant in it and keep it very dry.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

nothingman
Has thanked: 0

Post by nothingman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Amanita Dreamer! Thanks for your response.
I going to try this and will give feedback about my experience.
Amanita's are growing in abundance on my property, and you and your videos have inspired me to go against the common stereotypes and give the mushroom a try.
Thank you!

amanitalover

Post by amanitalover » Thu May 07, 2020 12:16 pm

Once dry you can easily scrape the gills out,...
Why scrape the gills out? Are you using just the gills or only the cap? I use both.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri May 08, 2020 4:29 pm

amanitalover wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:16 pm
Once dry you can easily scrape the gills out,...
Why scrape the gills out? Are you using just the gills or only the cap? I use both.
For smoking it. It's just less mass that won't have any actives in it and less MESS when handling it.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:09 pm

Wait are there no actives in the gills? Are you only saying it is worth it for smoking AM or is it worth removing all gills all the time?
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

darkentity

Post by darkentity » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:08 am

"Make damn sure whatever you store it in seals well and that you keep a dessicant in it and keep it very dry."

Is there a way to DIY dessicant from dry rice ? or salt ?

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:26 pm

darkentity wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:08 am
"Make damn sure whatever you store it in seals well and that you keep a dessicant in it and keep it very dry."

Is there a way to DIY dessicant from dry rice ? or salt ?
Idk that that would be very effective but you could try.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

lafemme

Post by lafemme » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:55 pm

I'm so curious to hear how it went for you, @nothingman?!

Whatarecats

Post by Whatarecats » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:53 pm

Hi all. Am a bit of a novice here. Took a very small nibble of a fresh cap to see if anything noticeable, and woke up a bit..

Can anyone explain whether grinding up air dried caps into powder are good for microdosing, or does one need to make tea or heat to the recommended temps for muscolin conversion first?

Any advantages / disadvantages? Given that it’s for microdosing I would imagine the poisoning risk is minimal even though no cooking / heating right?

Thanks all!