Amanita Bread

A forum for discussing the various ways this mushroom can be prepared.
tgt1002

Amanita Bread

Post by tgt1002 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:41 am

The topic of fermentation brought up during Amanita Dreamers video on the patent regarding ibotenic acids conversion to muscimol. I think my first thought was the same as most peoples. We can use Amanita while brewing a beer or a wine to give us an alcoholic beverage enhanced with Muscimol.

Since then I have had a new thought. What if we mixed some powdered amanita with flower and then use that in a recipe for a yeasted bread. Ideally this would be a slow ling cold ferment. The long ferment should give the best flavor and most conversion I would expect.

Well if anyone tried this before I do let me know. I will post again on the topic when and if I have done some experiments.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

Donn

Re: Amanita Bread

Post by Donn » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:39 am

There are a couple different ways that fermentation is interesting to people, it seems to me.

One of them is when we take advantage of some particular organism's fermentation chemistry, to get one of the products. Ethyl alcohol and carbon dioxide for example are both produced by yeast fermentation of carbohydrates.

Or sometimes people seek out fermented products for much less specific, more complex objectives like a generally more complex nutritional profile, or hoping to adopt some of the live organisms for improved gut flora.

The episode you mention discussed an experiment in the first category, using a collection of bacteria that produce glutamate decarboxylase, which apparently did manage to convert ibotenic acid to muscimol. I don't know how Austin selected those particular organisms. I would hazard a guess that any living thing you care to mention will produce that enzyme, but presumably they deploy it more externally. All we know is, he didn't use baking yeast, so you'd be blazing new paths with that.

I like to make and eat bread pretty much every day. I wouldn't put Amanita in it, for several practical reasons you can likely guess, but also because the baking temperature is higher than I think is good for the active ingredients, around 200°F.

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:14 am

Well I have kind of a dough ball slow fermenting in the fridge with some Amanita in it. I don't have high hopes, but it is something to play with. Very small batch and I have pictures and notes saved. Will update with results. I assume it will be too gross to eat more than a bite of which will for all intensive purposes make this a failure I likely won't repeat. That being said if it doesn't taste awful I may play with the idea of trying to make a pleasant recipe. Again I fully expect this to be an example for other people. Hey don't try this it's dumb. I do expect some actives to break down, but some should remain same way smoking works. Anyway I'll stop ranting now. Expect to hear results in 2-3 days.
~IDK who said this

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:06 pm

its coming along nicely if you check out my project notes in my post here viewtopic.php?f=35&t=385 you can see the pictures and notes thus far. Mostly waiting for my AC to get fixed don't want to bake bread in a painfully hot home.
~IDK who said this

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:41 pm

@tgt1002
How cool that you're really pushing the boundaries of what might be possible with the amanita! I love the idea of making a muscimol infused bread! I work primarily with the "fleece" derived from amanita and have done some interesting experiments in regards to the different cultivation methods possible... In one of them I found that the fleece can thrive just fine in an anaerobic environment, and in fact it has two byproducts! 1) Co2, just like a yeast, and 2) whatever the active chemical in fleece is! (Ibotenic acid perhaps, still needs testing to verify). I've thought about the idea of making bread in a similar way to a sourdough, but the competition from many wild yeasts and bacteria would quickly outperform the fleece. So looking into it, using boiling water in the flour will kill hopefully all the undesirable microorganisms, and after sufficiently cooling, fleece spores could be mixed into the dough. Left to sit for at least 7 days, protected from contamination, i think we'd have a very potent bread product! This is actually something I've been thinking about experimenting with for a little while so when I saw your post I got excited! I wish you all the best in unlocking the secrets and potential of our sacred mushroom! Good luck!

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:18 pm

well it is sitting in my fridge not looking great I really don't like the ratio's/method I have used. I plan to redo it differently, but I have not yet decided if I even want to bake this small test batch. I have uploaded some notes about my various other projects to a different thread if you want to check out all my work thus far. I think for this I need properly powdered Amanita or an extract. Extracts are my main focus right now, and I think they are the answer for both this and my ginger beer idea. What I can not seem to figure out if the random statements I have heard from people about carbonated beverages undoing decarb is true. When you first read you think OK that could make sense sort of but the more i think about it it just sounds like someone talking out there ass, but with the amount of carbonated beverage I consume I probably find out real quick :P
~IDK who said this

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:00 pm

tgt1002 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:41 am
The topic of fermentation brought up during Amanita Dreamers video on the patent regarding ibotenic acids conversion to muscimol. I think my first thought was the same as most peoples. We can use Amanita while brewing a beer or a wine to give us an alcoholic beverage enhanced with Muscimol.

Since then I have had a new thought. What if we mixed some powdered amanita with flower and then use that in a recipe for a yeasted bread. Ideally this would be a slow ling cold ferment. The long ferment should give the best flavor and most conversion I would expect.

Well if anyone tried this before I do let me know. I will post again on the topic when and if I have done some experiments.
My friend, The Man On The Mountain made amanita beer. We are going to be racking it here sometime soon. I'll video it and I'm going to drink it.
I am also going to be making a sweet bread with amanita on camera also. Have some ideas up my sleeve for what kind and for conversion. Since you wouldn't be using it to trip, 100% conversion wouldn't really be necessary but I still think I can get up to 80% converted.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:53 pm

cool. you going to use powdered amanita? an extract of some kind? I was thinking maybe hydrate the dough with amanita water extract instead of plain water
~IDK who said this

Gointodewood
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Gointodewood » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:12 am

A thought popped into my head one day about baking bread with amanita, and it felt just so right. I had an insight about baking amanita bread with rye wheat to produce ergot fungus.... hmm.... possibly.... yes....

Gointodewood
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Gointodewood » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:29 am

We all know the relation to Christmas, Christ, and the amanita. But have y’all had the thought of reaching the Christ consciousness on lsd? I have had this experience on lsd, and have seen YouTube videos of people hearing gurus saying the same. Which gives me the impression that maybe lsa in ergot would be a friendly match with the amanita bread