Tincture Question

A forum for discussing the various ways this mushroom can be prepared.
stcyrwm
Been thanked: 0

Tincture Question

Post by stcyrwm » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:39 am

I am wondering if it would be possible to concentrate the tea that Amanita Dreamer makes by boiling it down and then adding that to an alcohol base to make a tincture? I have a shared fridge and am hesitant to leave this tea marked or not in the fridge. If I could make it into a tincture I could store it in a safer place.

I am open to other suggeations also. Thanks for any thoughts.

tgt1002

Re: Tincture Question

Post by tgt1002 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:33 pm

In theory this should work fine. I made a tincture just by soaking Amanita in vodka and then eventually straining into tincture bottles sadly mine is very weak (weak caps I think).
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post:
stcyrwm
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

stcyrwm
Been thanked: 0

Post by stcyrwm » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:19 pm

tgt1002 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:33 pm
In theory this should work fine. I made a tincture just by soaking Amanita in vodka and then eventually straining into tincture bottles sadly mine is very weak (weak caps I think).
Thanks, I worried about doing a regular tincture in terms of converting the ibutenic acid to muscimol (hope I have that in the right order). That's why I wanted to do tea first but wasn't sure if I could concentrate the muscimol or if the extra cooking to reduce it would affect it in some way...

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:30 pm

The standard tincture I made I added a tiny bit of white vinegar to. Not sure if this was a good or bad idea. Also my tincture again is super weak. Also if your dose is small enough between body converting ibo to musc and a small amount of ibo potentially being good it may not be an issue either way. Either way start slow with any new batch to figure out potency and dosage (great argument for making big batches don't have to re-experiment for potency as often 😜). Good luck
stcyrwm
~IDK who said this

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:39 pm

Update. I decided to work on a new tincture with what I have left before more stuff comes in. So far I simmered what I had in a small amount of water for like 45 mins. Then I loosely strained into a jar and got as much as I could out of shroom pieces. I know have it very slowly filtering through proper filter paper in the fridge. I expect this to take ages that is why I put it in the fridge (I don't want it going bad). Hopefully I will get a reasonably particulate free solution afterwards. I have read about some not active proteins coagulating when adding alcohol so I plan to add some vodka in case this is true and happens. Then do another slow painful filtration. From there I may or may not go further before bottling. I am taking pictures and notes all the way and once fully complete edited for grammar and anonomyzed I will share it on this forum. Actually I plan to do that with my notes in general 😊
stcyrwm
~IDK who said this

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:13 am

Well there was no way I was going to gravity filter my solution through the filters I bought even if I waited days so I'm filtering through a clean piece of 100% cotton t shirt. Then I may try filter paper again. I really would love to own a vacuum filtration system for this exact situation perhaps even a setup to do a final Celite gravity filter but that may be unneeded. Anyway hopefully more to come
stcyrwm
~IDK who said this

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Further update:

I filtered the water extract through clean white t-shirt material twice. Then I mixed in a little alcohol to try and get the "proteins" I have heard others talk about forming when you mix in alcohol. I saw a little bit form but not much. I filtered one more time and then reduced the solution to a gooey gross mess. Once this was done I dissolved as much as I could in Two Shot glassed of 40% vodka. This appeared to dissolve a lot of I assume actives and left behind a bunch of membrane like bits and pieces of gooey grossness. I assume this was the proteins I tried to get to form before. Anywho now I have what I assume is a fairly strong vodka solution with muscimol and ibo in it. I am filtering this slowly through good filter paper into an amber glass tincture bottle with glass dropper screw on top. This may take quite some time, but once it is complete and I finish compiling my notes and pictures and have something to say about results I will publish all that on this forum.
Clarabella
~IDK who said this

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:20 pm

Ok way too clogged way too soon. I did a t-shirt filtration and now I'm doing the filter paper filtration. It's working very slowly my only concern is that the vodka will evaporate before it filters I may try and set up a cover to try and minimize this.
stcyrwm
~IDK who said this

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:08 pm

I made a post with all my notes and pics linked. It has pretty much my entire tincture process (both lazy weak and involved concentrated)

I just finished my first concentrated tincture.

In an abundance of caution I am starting with just 3 drops of the tincture.

No acid was used in the prep and it was taken directly this time as opposed to mixing into an acidic beverage. Now thinking about it I would probably add a little white vinegar to the cooking process as it should be cooked off during the process but do its decarb work in the process. Anyway I will keep taking notes and updating everyone as I do so.
stcyrwm
~IDK who said this