looking for a good tincture prep

A forum for discussing the various ways this mushroom can be prepared.
Geronimo

looking for a good tincture prep

Post by Geronimo » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:01 am

Hello everyone!

I am looking for a good tincture prep, because I am not able to store the tea in a freezer.
Now the problem I see in most tincture preps is that the AM is dried for then to be soaked in alcohol. So there is no secondary heating process, like boiling it for 20mins to convert more of the remaining ibotenic acid into muscimol.
This will result in a relative high ibotenic acid / low muscimol - tincture.
One interesting link to such a prep is to be found here:

http://en.psilosophy.info/fly_agaric_tincture.html

Written by Sam Malone, suffering from lyme disease, using it for years with succes.
Such tinctures could have a more stimulating effect, but seemingly he also fries dried AM in coconut oil and freezes these edibles for storage.
His intake could be a mixture of several AM preps, yielding a broader range of ibotenic acid / musicmol - ratio.

Are there any tincture preppers here that use a good conversion method? Or are there any other options?

Thanks!
Geronimo

djf
Has thanked: 0

Re: looking for a good tincture prep

Post by djf » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:02 pm

You could simmer it following the usual procedure. Then boil it down to reduce the volume if needed, let it cool and then add enough alcohol to reach around 20 % by volume.
These users thanked the author djf for the post:
Geronimo

Geronimo

Re: looking for a good tincture prep

Post by Geronimo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:49 pm

DJF,
Thanks for that!
Yes, Ive been reading through some posts here and saw the adding of alcohol to the tea for longer shelf life.
Will be doing this and see how it goes.
Cheers!