Sun Dried Amanitas

A forum for discussing the various ways this mushroom can be prepared.
DragonFly
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sun Dried Amanitas

Post by DragonFly » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:01 am

Does anyone have any tips for safe consumption of sun dried amanitas?

From anthropological documentaries about people's use of Amanita in Siberia, it seem they would also sun dry them.

Should I make them into a tea, as suggested by AmanitaDreamer, as if they were oven dried?

Advice would be much appreciated

XXX

Druid z Podlesia

Re: Sun Dried Amanitas

Post by Druid z Podlesia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:02 am

Sun Dried amanitas got the most amount of muscimol than any other way of drying an also great amount of vit D2. My favorite way of amanita consumption is to grind it and capsulate, consuming capsules on empty stomach and not to drink and eat for next 2 hours.
These users thanked the author Druid z Podlesia for the post:
Energy_turtle

Energy_turtle

Post by Energy_turtle » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:33 pm

Druid z Podlesia wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:02 am
Sun Dried amanitas got the most amount of muscimol than any other way of drying an also great amount of vit D2. My favorite way of amanita consumption is to grind it and capsulate, consuming capsules on empty stomach and not to drink and eat for next 2 hours.
This is what I am interested in doing. Can you elaborate? Do you micro dose sun dried or do you dry them another way before You put in capsules? Also, do you have a standard amount you put in capsules? My understanding is microdosing is different for everyone. This is a brand new world for me so I’m still learning. Thanks for any info.

DragonFly

Post by DragonFly » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:12 pm

I don't enjoy "capsulating" anything. not my style.

but if anyone would like an update, sun dried is a very safe and reasonable way to go. i have had them stored for fall throughout winter now and they are preserved very well. i can easily eat a piece or two like this, no problem.

DragonFly

Post by DragonFly » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:22 pm

recently found from book, herb of immortality regarding sun dried caps

"Processing also has an effect on chemical makeup. Shaded cool drying producing more Muscimol than sun drying"

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:06 pm

DragonFly wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:01 am
Does anyone have any tips for safe consumption of sun dried amanitas?

From anthropological documentaries about people's use of Amanita in Siberia, it seem they would also sun dry them.

Should I make them into a tea, as suggested by AmanitaDreamer, as if they were oven dried?

Advice would be much appreciated

XXX
If your amanita are from Europe, the European ones undergo photoconversion to muscazone. American ones do not. You would wind up with a mix of muscimol and muscazone. If they are raw currently and not in Europe, then it won't matter how you dry them. Not using heat will not convert anything. It is not safe to consume them like that unless you are wanting the ibotenic acid and in that case, an amount the size of a fingernail can do alot. If you are wanting to microdose you need to convert. If you want the ibo hit then use them dried. If you do microdose like that try to stay away of any side effects from the ibotenic acid load. Some people are highly sensitive to it while others are not.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:07 pm

Druid z Podlesia wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:02 am
European amanita photoconvert to muscazone in high quantities. American ones do not. The amount of conversion to muscimol is minimal without drying at at least 160 degrees F. Otherwise is just a large ibotenic acid hit.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

anna nita

Post by anna nita » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:01 am

European amanita photoconvert to muscazone in high quantities. American ones do not. The amount of conversion to muscimol is minimal without drying at at least 160 degrees F. Otherwise is just a large ibotenic acid hit.
[/quote]
Are the amanita in the south ( Australia and New Zealand ) the same as European?