Drying (Decarboxylating) Vendor Amanita

A forum for discussing the various ways this mushroom can be prepared.
StXavier
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Drying (Decarboxylating) Vendor Amanita

Post by StXavier » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:21 pm

I’d like to know how to properly decarb Amanita that’s been purchased from one of the vendors recommended on the Amanita Dreamer page. My intention is to make the Amanita tea extraction from 15 grams of caps and 1 cup of distilled water. With the extraction, I’d like to make the microdose ice cubes and possibly a tincture.

Some of the vendors say the caps have been dried at 100 degrees Fahrenheit. This is obviously much lower than Amanita Dreamers recommendation of 165 degrees. So my question is, what can I do to get to the 60% decarb level? In her videos she says proper heating will get 30%, and a twenty minute boil will decarb another 30% to get to a total of 60%.

Can more boiling make up for the vendor’s lower drying/heating/decarbing temperature? Can I put the caps in my Excalibur Dehydrator and heat them a second time? If so, for how long? I don’t want to damage or degrade the mushrooms.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

psydragonfly

Re: Drying (Decarboxylating) Vendor Amanita

Post by psydragonfly » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:56 am

Did you find answers to your questions below? I'm curious what you discovered?

StXavier wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:21 pm
I’d like to know how to properly decarb Amanita that’s been purchased from one of the vendors recommended on the Amanita Dreamer page. My intention is to make the Amanita tea extraction from 15 grams of caps and 1 cup of distilled water. With the extraction, I’d like to make the microdose ice cubes and possibly a tincture.

Some of the vendors say the caps have been dried at 100 degrees Fahrenheit. This is obviously much lower than Amanita Dreamers recommendation of 165 degrees. So my question is, what can I do to get to the 60% decarb level? In her videos she says proper heating will get 30%, and a twenty minute boil will decarb another 30% to get to a total of 60%.

Can more boiling make up for the vendor’s lower drying/heating/decarbing temperature? Can I put the caps in my Excalibur Dehydrator and heat them a second time? If so, for how long? I don’t want to damage or degrade the mushrooms.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Dawis67

Post by Dawis67 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:33 am

Looking for the exact same answer. I have AM dried in a temperature below the required 68-74C. Amanita Dreamer has said in other comments that once dried, you cannot any longer convert the 30% by drying so the only 30% is from boiling afaik.

Is boiling the non-converted dried AM still ok for use, and if it is, does dosage change?

true_sati

Post by true_sati » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:06 pm

Dawis67 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:33 am
Looking for the exact same answer. I have AM dried in a temperature below the required 68-74C. Amanita Dreamer has said in other comments that once dried, you cannot any longer convert the 30% by drying so the only 30% is from boiling afaik.

Is boiling the non-converted dried AM still ok for use, and if it is, does dosage change?
I have the same question, as I understand refrigerator storage is not ideal, liquid only last a few days, while freezing in a bunch of small containers can be done it seems a bit of a hassle but I guess it's worth it for the extra conversion and less chance of feeling nausea from the uncoverted acid

true_sati

Post by true_sati » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:02 am

Dawis67 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:33 am

So I boiled for about 20 minutes, strained and used a syringe to transfer the liquid into an ice cube tray and used 2ml in tea as a micro dose, felt really good with only slight stomach discomfort

Ice cubes are all 6ml so I can defrost a 3 day worth of dosage to prevent it from going bad, so far so good

Update: the discomfort was only the first day, 2nd and 3rd day no stomach issues came up, either the system got used to it or it was something else, upped the dosage to 3ml on the 3rd day