Fleece cultivation

The Ambrosia Society was created by Don Teeter as a result of his research into Amanita Muscaria. They came to some very interesting conclusions although some of their work related to what they called 'the fleece' was later shown to be erroneous.
Splinters and Shards

Re: Fleece cultivation

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:08 pm

I only use good well water or purified bottled water. Since being down in Texas, it's mostly been bottled water.

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:37 pm

T36 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:35 am
So i was rereading Don's book and found a couple of interesting things that we forgot...
Im using tap water!!! So maybe thats my reason for the upset stomach? @Mcpato what kind of water are you using? Any special steps to clean and filter it?

Also remember @Splinters and Shards recommended to you to use alot of water!?!
Most of my experiments have been with either tap water cooked grains or already bottled juices. The chlorine could inhibit growth of the fleece, but idk if it would contribute to nausea if the fleece were to grow.

Yeah i haven't yet had a clear defining moment where I've noticed more water affecting the overall experience. I will definitely be doing more experimentation with large amounts of water to see if I can experience the results both @Splinters and Shards and Don Teeter have had!

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:05 pm

I'm sorta proud of my little fleece hotel here, we'll see how it grows, but I think it'll be great!
See, it starts out just like before, with a single layer on the plate!
ImageBut now I can stack infinitely higher with mesh screens! (These are splatter screens with the handles removed from the middle! Yay dollar stores!)
ImageI am just doing thin layers as a test run. Its still more grain than I've used in the past though!
ImageI think i can play with this idea a lot more, making much thicker layers of grains between the screens!
Now its all bundled up to grow! Depending on how it grows i can remove 1 layer at a time for use, and replace with any substrate I like.... I kinda doubt I will need to use innoculant with this method! Fleece seems to prefer growing upwards, much like my own preference of evolutionary progress, so I'll take from the bottom, and always add to the top! Wish me luck!
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post:
T36

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:00 am

I checked on my living bread tiered hotel, and realized that it had colonized but severely lacked airflow! So today I bought some small circular wire wreath forms that rest on top of the grains and give a little bit of space between the mesh screens. Hopefully this makes it work better!

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:41 am

I had a weird idea...

What if I tried to grow the fleece on my wife's Thanksgiving Stuffing that was getting tossed out anyways? Now, I'm a plant person, and haven't eaten anything meat related for a long time. (I went vegan over a year ago...) This has turkey drippings in it. Will I eat this? If the fungus will eat this then I will eat this. I'm really curious what will happen. I know that the fleece grows well on milk, how will it do with broth soaked bread? I don't claim to be vegan anymore, but do still value the ethical considerations behind veganism's philosophy. However, new philosophies have been spinning in my head. The idea of the mushroom being the Christ, and the fleece being the risen Christ makes me wonder at the possibilities. The Christ covers the multitude of sins. In a way, might the fleece growing on the stuffing represent the spiritual transformation possible by letting the resurrected Christ envelop and consume the "sins of the past"? Maybe it wont work, and until working with the fleece and reframing my religious upbringing, I hadn't even considered myself Christian. This spiritual idea blossomed into the idea of the fleece consuming animal flesh, as a form of moldy purification, if you will. Lol. Maybe I've gone TOO far! I'll know in a few days!
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post:
T36

T36

Post by T36 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:08 am

The New Testament records that Jesus did eat the Passover feast, which would include the eating of the roasted lamb ...
These users thanked the author T36 for the post:
Mcpato

T36

Post by T36 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:06 pm

Here is my latest batch made in a rise with Buckwheat undercooked (grains not very moist/hydrated with water)!!!
It grew short again((( smells very good! no black or white spores coz the jar was semi closed so its pretty obvious that it sporulates when there is no moisture in air and there is alot of air circulation!
These users thanked the author T36 for the post (total 2):
McpatoSplinters and Shards

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:36 pm

@T36

Awesome!! Buckwheat huh? How old is this batch? That's really great that you're exploring the growing mediums! I just bought some cacao nibs, think I should try growing the fleece on those? I could dry it then grind it up and have an new interesting cacao powder for baking! Lol
I've experienced the lack of sporulation due to no enough airflow as well. It was like the whole thing went dormant too. I thought I had killed it, and since I'm going for the living fleece within, I actually want these spores! Lol. What are your plans for this?

T36

Post by T36 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:03 pm

3 or 4 days) i have stopped counting days for all of my batchs)))

Our mucor/fleece maybe an (endophyt)! (This is a very special and nearly unknown kind of organizms, that lives inside other organizms)
It grew on fried chicken :lol: soo yeah i think it will grow on cacao nibs or anything really :mrgreen:
That topic that i pm'd you is gold its a shame that no such topics where posted on the Ambrosia society or here(( very informative... so much info/posts are already lost! Links dead, forums deleted... :(

I already ate half of it raw!) And a weird thing happened! It tasted like piss!!! I recycled mine this morning) it was the second cycle)
Yesterday i drunk 12 powdered AM grams recycled it once and ate a piece of bread from my previous batch before going to sleep...
In that other topic people where mentioning that the fleece changes tastes of drinks and makes the urine taste better!?!
I dont know what to make of this all...

Oh yeah and there is this Pastor dude from Germany!!! And from his trip reports and experimentations with the fleece it looks like its impossible to have a strong/breakthrough experience! Like you, everyone there seem to report a mild amanita high and no strong psychedelic visuals or head spaces(...
And it seems like wine is more active than the bread:/
Probably coz of the yeast and alcoholic chems combos...

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:20 am

@T36 The next time you eat or drink some, try drinking a lot of water afterward. A lot of water. I don't count the cups, but next time I do this I will. But I probably end up drinking a gallon or two over the course of a few hours. It really changes the experience for me. There is definitely a threshold for the dose of fleece, but with enough water I get way more out of it.

@Mcpato said he tried drinking lots of water and didn't notice much more. You may have different results as it's possible that we may be each cultivating different fleece strains. For me, the body effects change to a strong, gripping feeling. It's like an electrical current is running through my body and I find it very hard to keep still.

It can be scary, but so long as I sort of move with it it's a very delicious sensation. Writhing is a good way to describe the movement, very unlike the jerking convulsions of high doses of Amanitas. Plus lots of closed-eye visuals, fractal patterns, and a sensation of going through a long multicolored tunnel.

Not unlike something like this Not quite the same, (imagine this overlaid on top of normal open or closed eye vision) but I think you'll get the overall idea. Plus also tend to see things that aren't there and feel like I'm moving (walking, flying, opening the bathroom door to pee) while having not actually moved at all. I definitely suggest a trip sitter for this.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes!
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post:
T36