Fleece cultivation

The Ambrosia Society was created by Don Teeter as a result of his research into Amanita Muscaria. They came to some very interesting conclusions although some of their work related to what they called 'the fleece' was later shown to be erroneous.
Mcpato

Re: Fleece cultivation

Post by Mcpato » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:06 pm

Splinters and Shards wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:00 pm
@Mcpato I definitely have to try the beans! I've had some success with barley but it's a lot of prep work when following D. Teeter's instructions for growing the bread. I wonder how soybeans would work? Would not be far from tempeh.

I am so glad I found this forum!
haha tempeh was my inspiration for finally getting the fleece to work! Yeah dont worry about Teeter's method, just gather fleece spores and throw 'em on anything! Voila! Psychoactive tempeh! If you blend a small amount if the soybeans into mush then mix throughout the rest before innoculation, the spores will just thrive! The fleece gets pretty hot too if you're culturing a pound or more of beans, so that means lots of moisture, and you have to allow that moisture to escape or it will stunt growth. The "ziplock bag method" doesnt work as well with our fleece. That's why i switched from jars to dollar store plate and microwave cover. Seems to work the best yet honestly, but i haven't done a large quantity of beans in it yet. I'm interested in trying a wooden chest to grow the fleece in. The fleece would become a part of the box, and maybe i wouldn't need to inoculate anything anymore! I wonder if the true purpose of the ark of the covenant was similar...

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:22 pm

Mcpato wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:06 pm

haha tempeh was my inspiration for finally getting the fleece to work! Yeah dont worry about Teeter's method, just gather fleece spores and throw 'em on anything! Voila! Psychoactive tempeh! If you blend a small amount if the soybeans into mush then mix throughout the rest before innoculation, the spores will just thrive! The fleece gets pretty hot too if you're culturing a pound or more of beans, so that means lots of moisture, and you have to allow that moisture to escape or it will stunt growth. The "ziplock bag method" doesnt work as well with our fleece. That's why i switched from jars to dollar store plate and microwave cover. Seems to work the best yet honestly, but i haven't done a large quantity of beans in it yet. I'm interested in trying a wooden chest to grow the fleece in. The fleece would become a part of the box, and maybe i wouldn't need to inoculate anything anymore! I wonder if the true purpose of the ark of the covenant was similar...
Awesome! I might try it in a terracotta dish. It's an interesting thought about the ark. I had assumed the holy vessels contained within had the fleece growing, but if the whole ark contained the fungus it would explain a lot. Many of the health risks associated with touching the ark or being too close to it may have been due to mucormycosis or something similar.

It would also explain why the ark was made of wood that contains DMT, and the idea that the self-igniting altar (made of the same wood and gold, which does not harbor microorganisms) could turn 12 loaves of bread into holy shewbread in a week is also explained if the wood of the altar had the fleece within it! Time for more experiments!

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:29 am

Hmm, more ready than I thought!
Hmm, more ready than I thought!
20191116_171108.jpg (655.51 KiB) Viewed 27224 times
Wow it was covered in spores just underneath the the white layer! I finally got my big haul of spores! I pinched off a bunch and threw them in a bag! Perfect! I cut them up into cubes, threw them into a pot with a jar of spaghetti sauce and cooked then until the "tempeh" was well cooked! I also threw in a bag of frozen spinach, stewed tomatoes, and tomatoe paste. Basically I ate tempeh spaghetti sauce for dinner tonight, BUT IT WAS BY FAR THE BEST WAY I'VE EATEN IT YET!!!

Its been about an hour, and so far feels VERY NICE! I'll be drinking lots more water to see how it goes! Stay tuned! Haha
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post (total 2):
Splinters and ShardsT36

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:17 am

It's been a few hours and its definitely tapering back down, so I wanted to report back! I'm still under the effects, but it never got really far. It did have a curiously strong effect on my third eye region however! Like intense pressure, albeit not painful. If my trip had increased i feel like there would have some kind of opening event or something like that. Actually it was on par with my last batch, possibly a little less even? Drinking lots of water didnt have a discernable effect either. But i have a theory on what happened! First, i have no idea if cooking it as opposed to drying it could have converted the ibotenic acid into muscimol or not. My trip tonight could have been an ibotenic acid one. I'm not experienced enough yet to know the difference. I'm really going to have to purposely go for an ibotenic acid trip soon. The beans, the added ingredients diluted the active chemicals and prevented absorption by my body. If you've ever eaten amanitas with even a little food in your stomach, you know it can reduce the potency quite a bit. Honestly the amount of an effect I felt, considering all the food I put in with it, makes me believe the beans are actually quite potent, if I could separate the chemicals from the bulk of the food. Should I soak the beans in grape juice or water and drink??? Lol barley makes more sense for That! Even Soma was pressed to separate the goodies from the bulk of the mushroom itself! I think I've come to a practical conclusion that I could see coming. I will say that it was really nice pretty much the whole time though. I think the fleece makes for wonderful foodstuffs. It was seriously delicious to eat, kinda like a meat substitute in my spaghetti sauce, only with a mushroomy quality! So after 3 times using beans, I've concluded that it isn't ideal for seeking the full spectrum of what the fleece can offer, but it's a pretty failsafe way to get a positive introduction to it. I highly recommend to everyone to eat fleece tempeh! Simmering it in a sauce improved the overall flavor vs oven roasting. People wanting a smaller daily dose would do well with this method. That sauce, with a filler like noodles would have stretched it out into a few psychoactive, or even several microdose meals. Someone more familiar with microdosing should try and give a better report! Anyways, I'm going for the big guns! Is a liquid extraction ultimately going to be my best bet do you think?

Another consideration: should you try this method even if you're not wanting a smaller dose? I think doing it once, just for the abundance of clean spores I got made it extremely worth it! Since I got the fleece a month ago I had only enough clean spores for 2 or 3 more experiments before needing to start from scratch all over again! Whenever I've done this with barley it has been coupled with, usually a green mold! And the usable (and contaminated) spores were not nearly as plentiful. I happily tossed out the remainder of my old fleece spores in lieu of my far superior one from today! Remember, my conditions are definitely NOT anywhere even close to sterile, and still it turned out amazing.

Next step: decide next step! Any thoughts on this experiment and/or future experiments?

*I could probably make a superior living bread with barley.
*I have a unique grail idea I've been meaning to try that I'm excited to share!
*Ambrosia is probably on the table now since i don't have the green mold in my spores.
All these must be done! But in what order? 🤔
Thanks for following along so far!

T36

Post by T36 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:33 pm

Maybe you should try low heat oven next time ? At 150 f with the door open and all? Just to dry the beans and convert IA to Mus! Then rehydrate em in lemon juice to convert the additional 30%! And maybe cook that but on a very low heat...

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:32 pm

@Mcpato Do you have any of the tempeh left? If you have some pieces, you can make some grail style ambrosia from it. I would let them fully sporulate and dry out on their own. The mold will go dormant, it usually takes about a week.

After it's dry, it will look bluish and have a leather, lichen look to it. Put it into a cup that you can easily cover with a cloth secured with rubber bands and fill with juice or honey-water. I use store bought apple juice and honey-water mostly. Let it sit for about 8 hours with the cover on. The cover is to keep things out, but it should not be airtight. After 8 hours I drain the liquid and drink it.

Then I'll put the covered cup in a dark, well ventilated place. Try not to look at it to much, but the mold will sprout again, go to store, and then back to leather form in about a week. Once it's leathery, add juice again. Each week the juice will get more potent, don't worry the first month seems really weak. The first grail I made didn't do much until after about a month (I started it with Amanita Muscaria pieces). After a month, it kicked butt and I had to split the liquid into two doses.

Those pieces of tempeh look perfect for starting a culture like this. Hope this helps!

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:27 pm

@T36 hmm, i didnt know that lemon juice can be used to convert ibotenic acid into muscimol, is that right? In that case, could cider vinegar be used? If so it could be interesting to dry it first, then rehydrate it for a day or two in a vinegar based marinade... That would be very interesting!

@Splinters and Shards
I did eat ALL of it! I don't regret it one bit tbh! But, I do wonder if the multitude of fleece feathers I gathered from the top of this batch would work in place of a cube of it dried? Yeah this turned to be, by far, the best I've made yet! The fact it had zero outside contamination was really exciting! But this brings up the grail! I have no suitable cups for a grail. No wood, or clay, just glass and plastic. Which is why i came up with an idea I wanted to share with you all! I call it, the REVERSE GRAIL!!!! So, while anciently clay, wood, and horn were prefered grail vessels, today it is glass! Imagine, instead of the fleece growing into the walls of the vessel, you had your glass jar, perhaps somewhat larger, with several dowels of wood placed inside, cut to fit. The fleece can grow on and into the dowels, and essentially be a much more practical modern day version. If contamination strikes, instead of throwing away the whole thing, you just take out the offending dowel and either clean off the bad stuff, or toss the rod and replace it with a fresh one. Dont like the jar anymore? Easily move the fleeced wood into another container of literally any type! I think sticks of acacia would be an interesting choice, and MUCH easier than literally making a cup out of the wood, or terra cotta! So my first attempt of this will likely be something really cheap like local pine branches or even posicle sticks. Lol anyways yeah!

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:53 pm

@Mcpato That is a genius idea! I have a suggestion for you. You can buy jointing dowels at any hardware store. They are small hardwood dowels that are precut and grooved for gluing into joints. It's also the preferred method of many mushroom cultivators for putting mycelium into a log. They call them plug or dowel spawn. A whole bag of plugs is just a few dollars at most places. I'm going to give this a try, and mix the dowels into the beans so that they also become colonized.

T36

Post by T36 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:59 pm

5 to 10 mins soaked in lemon juice will convert 30% of IA to Mus! But long term storage isnt a option coz lemon acids will spoil the goodies!...
I dont know about cider vinegar tho( check out the lemon tek thread on this forum i think someone was talking about it, if not then just ask :)

Speaking of holy grail! What if you where to make scratches on the inside of the glass cup? Why Wouldn't the fleece be able to hold on by those scratches?

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:17 pm

T36 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:59 pm
5 to 10 mins soaked in lemon juice will convert 30% of IA to Mus! But long term storage isnt a option coz lemon acids will spoil the goodies!...
I dont know about cider vinegar tho( check out the lemon tek thread on this forum i think someone was talking about it, if not then just ask :)

Speaking of holy grail! What if you where to make scratches on the inside of the glass cup? Why Wouldn't the fleece be able to hold on by those scratches?
Ok that's great to know! I'll look into it more! Hmm, scratching the glass might work? Idk! Stonewear, even with its rough surface was discouraged from being used by Teeter, since it was devoid of nutrients for the fleece. Idk if he ever attempted it or just reasoned it wouldn't be ideal? How would you go about scratching the glass without breaking it?
Splinters and Shards wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:53 pm
@Mcpato That is a genius idea! I have a suggestion for you. You can buy jointing dowels at any hardware store. They are small hardwood dowels that are precut and grooved for gluing into joints. It's also the preferred method of many mushroom cultivators for putting mycelium into a log. They call them plug or dowel spawn. A whole bag of plugs is just a few dollars at most places. I'm going to give this a try, and mix the dowels into the beans so that they also become colonized.
This is great! Thank you for that! Yeah I'll try this as well! Maybe soak the dowels in juice first so they encourage growth inside the beans!