Fleece cultivation

The Ambrosia Society was created by Don Teeter as a result of his research into Amanita Muscaria. They came to some very interesting conclusions although some of their work related to what they called 'the fleece' was later shown to be erroneous.
Mcpato

Spontaneous Grail!

Post by Mcpato » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:27 pm

Thank the mycus!
Thank the mycus!
20191119_095615.jpg (421.1 KiB) Viewed 34077 times
Remember the day I made spaghetti sauce psychoactive tempeh? This is the jar of Spaghetti sauce I used. I was going to make a small amount of ambrosia in a jar and I just saw one was already made for me! There was some fleece juice metabolite that I decided to drink up, (yeah it was kinda gross, but it didn't taste gross at all!) And YES it is DEFINITELY my psychoactive mucor. It's so convenient to have my main contamination be the mold I'm trying to grow. Its a nice change from what i have dealt with all year! So anyways I poured some bottle grape juice in there, shook it up to distribute fleece (i guess its a tomatoey grape juice now, since I didnt wash it...) Hopefully it turns out
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post:
amanita muscaria

Mcpato

Re: My Fleece experiment #2!

Post by Mcpato » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:13 am

Its all about getting the spores guys!
Its all about getting the spores guys!
20191119_163559.jpg (577.17 KiB) Viewed 34064 times
I just wanted to update, the fleece is alive and growing strong! The clear glass plate I'm using shows fleece already covering the bottom, which you can kinda see on the very edges. And of course that tuft on top! Guys! Do whatever it takes to get real fleece spores! Ground amanita powder is nothing compared to them! Its been less than 24 hours! I'll post tomorrow too! Sorry for shouting, I'm just so excited. :lol:

T36

Post by T36 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:19 pm

Mcpato wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:13 am
...Ground amanita powder is nothing compared to them!..
What do u mean :?: its stronger than it? Or faster growing :D

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:13 pm

T36 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:19 pm
Mcpato wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:13 am
...Ground amanita powder is nothing compared to them!..
What do u mean :?: its stronger than it? Or faster growing :D
Specifically I meant fast assured growth of the fleece. Its always a shot in the dark with caps. I spent half a year working with just caps trying to grow the living bread, and every "success" I had ended up being the wrong type of mucor, usually only coming to that conclusion after some time. The later half of the year i didnt worry about growing the bread, just the right fleece, and that meant focusing on spore harvesting. I've only had the true fleece for a little over a month now, and i really feel like making the spores the goal, at least at first, is the reason I have it. Now i didnt harvest my own, and I'm certain that all my purchased caps were dried "too hot" for the fleece spores to survive, which would explain why almost every single cap I experimented with provided no growth, except my last one. I think i got REALLY lucky...

So @T36, How are your beans doing today??

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:57 pm

Living bread indeed!
Living bread indeed!
20191120_134107.jpg (1006.19 KiB) Viewed 34045 times
Just wanted to show how quicky this shot up! It is thoroughly colonized, and it is getting very warm as it feeds upon the barley/quinoa. There are drops of water on top of the fleece because when i disturbed the lid it rained down. I suspect not quite enough airflow, so i just took 2 bamboo skewers, broke them in half and then poked them through the bottom of the bread and used the 4 pieces to hold the lid up just above the plate. Basically there is a small gap on the bottom, and hopefully this will be enough for good airflow. Oh i guess i have my reverse grail pieces now too? Lol

T36

Re: Fleece cultivation

Post by T36 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:39 pm

Damn :D ur fleece is crazy fast growing!..
Attachments
White mucor/fleece)
White mucor/fleece)
oie_2103419IIEwv4QS-1.jpg (434.41 KiB) Viewed 34040 times
These users thanked the author T36 for the post:
Mcpato

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:35 am

T36 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:39 pm
Damn :D ur fleece is crazy fast growing!..
That's because I used straight spores! But it looks like soon you will have them too! That looks like the right fleece there, right next to the start of that green mold! Congrats! And even a 2nd and 3rd strain!? If one grows faster than the other use the spores from the faster one! Man if only I had started with your caps... I'd be a year ahead!
T36

T36

Post by T36 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:56 am

Nope, dude they are all white :D the one in the midle looks like is starting to grow black spors)))
Also my holy glass grail dryied out fast! Its thik and hard now and no molds there!
These users thanked the author T36 for the post:
Mcpato

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:15 am

T36 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:56 am
Nope, dude they are all white :D the one in the midle looks like is starting to grow black spors)))
Also my holy glass grail dryied out fast! Its thik and hard now and no molds there!
Those tiny white splotches scattered around on the beans are likely not fleece but a green mold. It'll turn green when it gets older. But no matter! Your fleece will spread faster now and maybe even cover those green molds, just watch! I'm sorry to hear about your glass not working... I just realized that the real point of using terra cotta or wood is that they are porous enough to absorb liquid and dry out so much slower, thus giving the fleece a greater chance of sporulating! Now, you could actually try again using a jar with a screw on lid. Since theres no fleece yet, you'll trap moisture longer without worrying about oxygen deprivation.
T36

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:55 pm

@T36
Show me your beany-fleece! :lol:
T36