Ambrosial Wine Experiments

The Ambrosia Society was created by Don Teeter as a result of his research into Amanita Muscaria. They came to some very interesting conclusions although some of their work related to what they called 'the fleece' was later shown to be erroneous.
T36

Re: Ambrosial Wine Experiments

Post by T36 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:11 am

Day 3)))

@Mcpato maybe you just cant see it under the juice??? And i think it will be growing slower then ones with air...
Mine grew up only a week or a months later...

@Splinters and Shards how are yours doing?

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:27 pm

Hey I did it!
This is my reverse grail! It started great, with fleece growing well on the dowels. I did a 2nd soak a few days later for 4 hours and it hasn't seemed to like that. I may have ruined my grail, as it has an contaminated smell now. I'm going to let it completely dry, and then try a 3rd soak.

This is my spontaneous tomato sauce grail that I added juice to. It fizzed right up and was very alcoholic!

Image a closer look. Based on my anaerobic experiments so far I'm not 100% certain the yeasts involved were in any way related to the fleece. Its possible but much more experimentation will need to be done... I drank most of it already, had a nice alcohol buzz, but it wasn't my favorite alcohol! Lol (also i just wanted to note this was NOT pasturized for my safety! Hahaha)
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post:
T36

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:46 pm

@Mcpato It would be interesting to see if some of the juice (if there's any left over) will sprout the fleece if soaked into something. Maybe some of the dowels? Maybe some barley? Exciting stuff!
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post:
Mcpato

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:07 pm

Splinters and Shards wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:46 pm
@Mcpato It would be interesting to see if some of the juice (if there's any left over) will sprout the fleece if soaked into something. Maybe some of the dowels? Maybe some barley? Exciting stuff!
Not a bad idea! Now when i added juice to that spontaneous fleece it did have some sporulation already, it may or may not mean the yeast was true fleece-yeast, but it would give a good indication whether or not alcohol kills the spores!

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:51 pm

This is my anaerobic Langer's Pineapple Juice fleece experiment!
Why, yes that IS extra virgin olive oil on top! Who needs an airlock anyways? Hmmm... Its been sitting seemingly inactive for a lot longer than felt comfortable, but look! Do you see those wispy cloud like formations just under the oil? THAT is yeastyfleece! I mean it must be, right? It looks a lot like the chains of mycelial strands that often hang down from aerobic fleece growth! They were not there just a couple days ago. They even appear to be trying to grow up through the oil.
Closeup through the oil window... I see what appears to be carbon dioxide bubbles! I will watch this with great interest!
This is what I assumed to be my failed ambrosia. The fleece had grown pretty well on top... And also underneath the surface were a couple clouds of fleeceyeast. But Then it just stopped... Then it got overrun with green mold. I have let it sit for 2-3 months (maybe I should start keeping track...) And decided that if it is any good, I should deoxycarbolate today or just toss it. The fleece had pretty well protected the juice underneath, but just to be sure I have filtered it too.
Here I'm trying to keep it between 170°-190° F. I may look like I know what I'm doing, but I assure you I'm just making it up as I go! I'll let you guys know if my ambrosia worked or was a dud!
image uploader
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post (total 2):
Splinters and ShardsT36

T36

Fleece's yellowish excretion? Or contamination?

Post by T36 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:18 pm

So i noticed yellowish spots under the fleece im my Apple juice Ambrosia!
Ive seen this happen on my old barley bread aswell! Basically the more you let it age the more yellowish spots on the inside grow, and the odor becomes stronger...

Do you guys get those yellowish orange colored metabolites??? Or is it a contam?

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:45 pm

I've had those too @T36, and tbh i feel like it could be a contam? I've never really bothered much about it though. Teeter said yellow was contamination. In the ambrosia society's forum I've seen users say that the hint of yellow metabolite could be ibotenic acid in a higher concentration. Frankly I just do not know for certain. I've consumed it before raw and it never bothered me personally, but I dont feel confident telling you its 100% safe either! I see you separated the juice from it, you could decarboxylate it in the pan at 180°, that should at least kill anything bad. As a side note, in my decarbed ambrosia from my pics a couple days ago, there was actually a lot of green mold. The result of drinking it was a light but typical ambrosia buzz, but when I drank a lot, I got a headache that I needed some painkiller for, but other than that it was fine. Let us know what you decide to do!
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post:
T36

T36

Post by T36 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Yeah ive read those Ambrosia forum posts and decided to put the juice back in there :D coz it does look like metabolites of the fleece! Maybe its even the anaerobic yeast form producing alcohol? Also the fact that it always spawns inside the fleece and doesnt seem to produce spores, plus yellow is the original color of Amanita Muscaria! It turns red as the egg opens up but if you scratch the dots off you will see the cap is yellow...

Also ive read a bit about moonshine brewing :D methanol poisoning seems scary!
And what if the Ambrosia is just a mix of heads and tails??? And reacting the wine only steams out all the good little ethanol that was already steamed out coz we dont air seal our jars? Leaving in only the undesirable heads and tails...

Anyways i also boiled my barley bread and filtered the water) then reacted and diluted it)
Drunk half of it 3 hours ago) decided it wasn't enough and drunk half of the unreacted Apple juice :D

No unpleasant effects so far! But i still cant describe the buzz its producing...

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:32 pm

T36 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:39 pm
Yeah ive read those Ambrosia forum posts and decided to put the juice back in there :D coz it does look like metabolites of the fleece! Maybe its even the anaerobic yeast form producing alcohol? Also the fact that it always spawns inside the fleece and doesnt seem to produce spores, plus yellow is the original color of Amanita Muscaria! It turns red as the egg opens up but if you scratch the dots off you will see the cap is yellow...

Also ive read a bit about moonshine brewing :D methanol poisoning seems scary!
And what if the Ambrosia is just a mix of heads and tails??? And reacting the wine only steams out all the good little ethanol that was already steamed out coz we dont air seal our jars? Leaving in only the undesirable heads and tails...
did you notice an alcoholic taste to your ambrosia? For the most part, unless you've sealed it, it shouldn't be producing alcohol much at all. So far my alcoholic ambrosia experiment is growing VERY slowly, but I have noticed that it IS growing and producing more bubbles every day. Maybe it'll be done by Next Year's Christmas! Lol

Also I did just look it up, methanol burns away at 174°, so if there is any worry, just get the ambrosia there and let it cook away. I'm not very knowledgeable about this though, maybe @Splinters and Shards has more experience? I haven't had any bad experiences drinking any of my alcoholic experiments... Most of those were wild yeast I suspect however. How would we know if our mucor WAS producing methanol instead of ethanol anyways?
Anyways i also boiled my barley bread and filtered the water) then reacted and diluted it)
Drunk half of it 3 hours ago) decided it wasn't enough and drunk half of the unreacted Apple juice :D

No unpleasant effects so far! But i still cant describe the buzz its producing...
Please, so try and explain the effects! Do you find it pretty similar to the amanita? I want to produce a lot more bread so I can dry some, make a tincture from it, but also include raw bread, that way I can mix the actives. I have experienced only light effects from both raw and decarboxylated fleece. Decarbed does feel different to me so far, more relaxing and comfortable, less of the excitement of the raw form. This is why I am so interested in potentiating the fleece so I can understand these states at higher doses. Extracting the actives definitely helps make it stronger. Did you boil the bread with an acid (lemon juice)? I'm reading in these forums the acidity is what help decarb it with the heat. I've learned a lot here!

T36

Post by T36 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Im not that sensitive to my senses/smells/tastes/feelings) i need a good kick to describe anything) but so far i guess its like a mild mix of Amanita+alcohol) carelessness?! It took me 6+ grams of datura metel plus a bottle of vodka to really trip! and by reading erowid and other trip reports&dosage recommendations its a fatal dose that sends you to the ER, comatosed or hallucinating gore for weeks! While i hallucinated for only about 10 hours and thank god nothing really hellish happened no gore or orgies... psilocybin level 5+ doses are like level 3- for me... so yeah like i said i need a really good kick to describe it) maybe i should try mixing with a carbonated drink? :lol:

Ive run out of lemons) so it was a normal 40 min boil/simmer.

Also to me normal Amanita high never resembled alcohol high that alot of ppl describe! To me its absolutely nothing like alcohol intoxication! Its more like amphetamines stimulation!