The Ambrosia Society's Fleece

The Ambrosia Society was created by Don Teeter as a result of his research into Amanita Muscaria. They came to some very interesting conclusions although some of their work related to what they called 'the fleece' was later shown to be erroneous.
EaglesNest

Re: The Ambrosia Society's Fleece

Post by EaglesNest » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:17 pm

Hi guys, I also just registerered! Found this forum through the ambrosiasociety forum, where i posted a bit years ago. I'm thrilled to see an active discussion again around Amanita and the fleece!! I'm curious to how the possibility for a lab testing for Ibotenic Acid/Muscimol is looking now? I would be willing to contribute monetarily if we group together! I just harvested and dried some beautiful caps so will probably be growing some fleece again soon when the mood strikes. :D Also interested in new recipes or substrates for growing if you guys have any, since i have autoimmune and my gut is not too happy with grains or fruit juices. Would love to hear more about growing on beans as per your posts @Mcpato !

A picture from fleece grown on grape juice from i think almost 5 years ago, which probably was my last time:
Attachments
IMG-220422.jpg
IMG-220422.jpg (69.15 KiB) Viewed 246367 times
These users thanked the author EaglesNest for the post:
fantanyl

fantanyl

Post by fantanyl » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:17 pm

nice coincidence @EaglesNest ! just today i finally found some caps, too, so now i´m ready to go :D
how do you dry your caps ? i thought about just letting them dry on a papertowel i hope they don´t rot or something like this

and what do you guys think about first propagation of the fleece in vermiculite and brown rice flour ? just to isolate the fleece and then maybe on grape juice ( for what i´m super curious about)
@Eaglenest absolute wonderfull fleece you had there, looks even better then in the video of the don ! do you had a nice effect of it ?

a lab test would be awsome, but no idea where this would be possible, but i keep my eyes open

greets
These users thanked the author fantanyl for the post:
EaglesNest

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:02 am

Hello @EaglesNest and @fantanyl !
Conversation has slowed but the wonderful thing about this forum is that our experiments are permanently available to all!
EaglesNest wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:17 pm
Hi guys, I also just registerered! Found this forum through the ambrosiasociety forum, where i posted a bit years ago. I'm thrilled to see an active discussion again around Amanita and the fleece!! I'm curious to how the possibility for a lab testing for Ibotenic Acid/Muscimol is looking now? I would be willing to contribute monetarily if we group together! I just harvested and dried some beautiful caps so will probably be growing some fleece again soon when the mood strikes. :D Also interested in new recipes or substrates for growing if you guys have any, since i have autoimmune and my gut is not too happy with grains or fruit juices. Would love to hear more about growing on beans as per your posts @Mcpato !

A picture from fleece grown on grape juice from i think almost 5 years ago, which probably was my last time:
So I still very much love the fleece and plan to work much more extensively with it in the future, but I have taken a break in order to work on other projects that I hope will help me bring out the true potential of the fleece.
Ignore all the doubters and "Nay Sayers" about this divine gift. It is the same fear at work against the fleece as that which is against the Amanita. It is simple for all to see and experience for themselves but they will not. If you isolate the fleece, it will grow on any carbohydrate. Juice, barley water, beans, the sky is the limit. If you are familiar with the recent explosion of possibilities coming out in regards to how people work with Koji, you will begin to see the possibilities of physical preparation with the fleece. We've barely scratched the surface of what is possible! Please share with us your experiences, I'm so happy to hear of any ideas or discoveries you make.

As for me, I currently study Alchemy, and will apply my hopeful mastery to the fleece once I've reached that point, but that is the direction I wish to go.

I've made the fleece so many times, and one thing is clear to me, it is very understated. Its effects are undeniable, yet it always feels like it's trying to go somewhere that it just cannot quite do. And If I if it's dose dependent... I've tried taking higher doses and it really packs a punch when you do, but it's so different and still feels like it is missing something important. In and of itself I believe it is complete but perhaps a form of fermentation, like with lactobacilli bacteria as has been found with Amanita? I will explore these more in the future too...
fantanyl wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:17 pm
nice coincidence @EaglesNest ! just today i finally found some caps, too, so now i´m ready to go :D
how do you dry your caps ? i thought about just letting them dry on a papertowel i hope they don´t rot or something like this

and what do you guys think about first propagation of the fleece in vermiculite and brown rice flour ? just to isolate the fleece and then maybe on grape juice ( for what i´m super curious about)
@Eaglenest absolute wonderfull fleece you had there, looks even better then in the video of the don ! do you had a nice effect of it ?

a lab test would be awsome, but no idea where this would be possible, but i keep my eyes open

greets
Isolating the fleece with vermiculite and BRF would work fine. The entire point is getting clean spores. Do it how you will, then let the fleece show you what it can do. Dont be afraid of it, even if you allow it to go full on black with spores. It is edible raw, but more desireable dried as per Teeter's method. I've found taking the fleece raw, every day for a few days to be a very interesting and cleansing experience. At first it hits like a truck, then every day you take it, it feels better and better. It may be that I never grew enough at a time to be able to take it in enough consecutive days for it to really show me its potential. I think I did 3 days max and the 3rd day it felt like a different thing entirely, in the best way possible. See for yourself what I mean. It is very mild, take it slowly at first, there is no need to take a heroic dose. It will make you sweat a lot and it'll feel very floaty. The next day it will be much easier, and easier still the next time. If you want to discuss more, I'll be more than happy to! I look forward to working on the fleece again, but am very excited to see like-minded individuals adding their experiences here!
Good luck my friends!
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post (total 2):
EaglesNestfantanyl

fantanyl

Post by fantanyl » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:39 pm

thanks @Mcpato , i´m very looking forward to share my experiences with you ! i have a couple of ideas i´ll definitly share.
but at the moment i´m still drying the shrooms and i´m a bit worried because it takes so long (don´t have a food dehydrator or somethink like this)
and the main problem is, maggots are comming out of them :(
i dont know how to get rid of them, because heat and freeze isn´t a solution because it will obviously kill the spores, too...
they are off course much more dry then at the beginning and i think this is the reason why they get out of the shroom at all (i hope they just leave the shroom when it gets more dry)
but i´m concerned because maybe they are laying eggs inside ..
do you know how to get rid of them ?
maybe when it gets to dry the eggs are dying, too
or later the pulverization will kill the eggs ..
or maybe the fleece will eat them haha
i would be very happy if in the isoltation jar they wont appear in thousands :x

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:01 am

Ooh yeah the larvae may be a problem. If you can air dry them thoroughly the larvae will be stopped in their tracks. Air Drying the amanitas without heat is ideal because the fleece spores seems to lose some of their vitality, but with larvae, I'd probably want to at least speed up drying. Even though the mushrooms will have been feasted upon by those larvae, I imagine the fleece will still resurrect and you will still be able to get exactly what you need. Don't worry about the flies or their children. They are not an obstacle.
You could put them in the freezer over night, could help.

EaglesNest

Post by EaglesNest » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:08 am

Nice to meet you guys! Its been awhile now since i've been growing any Fleece, though I try to pick some Amanitas every autumn. I live in a coastal, rural area and years ago there used to be huge patches growing in fairy circles under the pines and spruces here, but after a lot of deforestation with big machinery happened they were completely gone… Haven’t seen them since, and even the berries around the area haven’t been as sweet since then. But i have found several new spots now, though i have to drive and hike around from place to place and just hope i’m there at the right time. :lol:
fantanyl wrote:

greets
Thanks! :D I’m using a excalibur dehydrator, it’s expensive but it’s difficult to dry big batches a amanita caps. I wonder if ancient people dried them without heat in wet climates, even with a good dehydrator it takes me days to get them crisp. I've used an oven on low heat many times with success though.

And thanks for that info @Mcpato . I had never even heard of Koji. I had not even heard of Tempeh really before i saw someone posting pictures of it on the ambrosia society forum and i was stunned how similar they were. I’m gonna have to come back to that when i find the time. I’ve had the similar experience eating the fleece raw as well!

To be honest i’m still integrating alot of my experiences with Amanita and the Fleece. The actual “high” has always been inconsistent for me, if i had to express the effects for me in the least cryptic way it seems to give a sense of innate "knowing" or gnosis in the true sense of the word, like it amplifies meaning and symbolism to teach in a deeply personal way. Usually "teaching you to fish" as opposed to "giving you a fish to eat". And thats where the language starts to really want to go into religious territory. I see that most people here, like myself, came to all of this with an inclination towards shamanism and eastern spirituality, which maybe has less of all the heavy baggage of our history but for me i can’t see how this does not demand an entirely new look at ancient Christianity, the church fathers and and Bible and its stories, as i assume most of us here are westerners living in western countries and we still in so many ways are living in the Christian story through our culture, worldview, social structure, language, customs, architecture and so on. Thats our heritage whether we like it or not, and if this mushroom was part of the origin of that story the implications are overwhelmingly profound and very serious, and raises ALOT of questions. If we really believe this mushroom to the sacrament of true Christianity we have good reason to start praying, seeing how our culture and traditions that the use of this mushroom inspired seems to be breaking down and inverted right as we speak. At least thats been the conclusion i've ended up wrestling with from using this mushroom over several years.

Hope someone will be willing to gather together for a lab test at some point. If ibotenic acid or something similar was found in the fleece it would cement this as one of the wildest discoveries in all of history as i see it. I would love to be part of that history.
These users thanked the author EaglesNest for the post:
fantanyl

Newenglandforager
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Newenglandforager » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:57 pm

Mcpato wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:02 am
Hello @EaglesNest and @fantanyl !
Conversation has slowed but the wonderful thing about this forum is that our experiments are permanently available to all!
EaglesNest wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:17 pm

So I still very much love the fleece and plan to work much more extensively with it in the future, but I have taken a break in order to work on other projects that I hope will help me bring out the true potential of the fleece.
Ignore all the doubters and "Nay Sayers" about this divine gift. It is the same fear at work against the fleece as that which is against the Amanita. It is simple for all to see and experience for themselves but they will not. If you isolate the fleece, it will grow on any carbohydrate. Juice, barley water, beans, the sky is the limit. If you are familiar with the recent explosion of possibilities coming out in regards to how people work with Koji, you will begin to see the possibilities of physical preparation with the fleece. We've barely scratched the surface of what is possible! Please share with us your experiences, I'm so happy to hear of any ideas or discoveries you make.

As for me, I currently study Alchemy, and will apply my hopeful mastery to the fleece once I've reached that point, but that is the direction I wish to go.

I've made the fleece so many times, and one thing is clear to me, it is very understated. Its effects are undeniable, yet it always feels like it's trying to go somewhere that it just cannot quite do. And If I if it's dose dependent... I've tried taking higher doses and it really packs a punch when you do, but it's so different and still feels like it is missing something important. In and of itself I believe it is complete but perhaps a form of fermentation, like with lactobacilli bacteria as has been found with Amanita? I will explore these more in the future too...
fantanyl wrote:

greets
Isolating the fleece with vermiculite and BRF would work fine. The entire point is getting clean spores. Do it how you will, then let the fleece show you what it can do. Dont be afraid of it, even if you allow it to go full on black with spores. It is edible raw, but more desireable dried as per Teeter's method. I've found taking the fleece raw, every day for a few days to be a very interesting and cleansing experience. At first it hits like a truck, then every day you take it, it feels better and better. It may be that I never grew enough at a time to be able to take it in enough consecutive days for it to really show me its potential. I think I did 3 days max and the 3rd day it felt like a different thing entirely, in the best way possible. See for yourself what I mean. It is very mild, take it slowly at first, there is no need to take a heroic dose. It will make you sweat a lot and it'll feel very floaty. The next day it will be much easier, and easier still the next time. If you want to discuss more, I'll be more than happy to! I look forward to working on the fleece again, but am very excited to see like-minded individuals adding their experiences here!
Good luck my friends!
if you have an active fleece, why not harvest some from different locations and have it's DNA tested to see whats going on in there, is it one big scooby or several different strains/species? get the liquid tested to see what substances are present, personally i think lab tests would go a long way towards furthering this conversation; im just seeing this now and havnt read all of the postings but it seems no testing has been done?

fantanyl

Post by fantanyl » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:16 pm

guys,
so what i did now is mixing die powdered amanita with water vermiculite and brown rice just as you´d do it in the classic pf tek.
but i gave them a greater surface so they have more air and that i can better scrape a piece of the fleece when it grows.
and with micropore tape they are safe from flies
but i did all that in a non sterile area and the brown rice vermiculite and water are also not sterile
i thought the amanita obviosly isnt sterile because it just lay around for drying and the forrest where hes from isn´t sterile also :lol:
so i think it doesnt really matter if its sterile or not
also in the book of teeter i read that he tried als that in a non sterile area just to immitate the acient conditions
and he wrote he had a great rate of success
so hopefully i´ll have some fleece to show you guys in a couple of days :D
actually i would be very happy if someone expierenced would take a look on my results to verify it as the fleece or not :) so in a couple of days i´ll post back

fantanyl

Post by fantanyl » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:10 pm

so i think i got the fleece
i´ll post some pics when its a bit bigger maybe by tomorrow,
but the long hairy appearance with even tiny black dots between them are already recognizeable, bit to small for a trashy cam.
i think i´ll feed it a bit with sugar direkt into it, maybe then it has an advantage soperior to the other moldy looking things growing already (but the fleece seems to be significant faster)
but i think @Mcpato said the fleece should overgrow most molds anyway

fantanyl

Post by fantanyl » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:19 am

so here it is :D
i´m very confident it is the right one, i compared it many times with pictures posted here, but to be on the save side it would be nice to get it ID´d by you experienced guys please
i´m absolutly stunned of the fast growth of it ! it grows so much faster then any yeast, mold or myzel i´ve ever seen ! (i´m not that experienced with yeast, haha) its odor is a bit strange but the wet BRF with the amanita powder smelled already very strange before it grew, also there are growing a view other things, so right odor determination and description is not possible yet.
Attachments
20211008_095504.jpg
20211008_095504.jpg (93.88 KiB) Viewed 246040 times
20211008_095447.jpg
20211008_095447.jpg (72.84 KiB) Viewed 246040 times