The Ambrosia Society's Fleece

The Ambrosia Society was created by Don Teeter as a result of his research into Amanita Muscaria. They came to some very interesting conclusions although some of their work related to what they called 'the fleece' was later shown to be erroneous.
Mcpato

Re: The Ambrosia Society's Fleece

Post by Mcpato » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:53 pm

@fantanyl
That is DEFINITELY IT!!!

Yeah it does grow fast! So now the question is what do you want to do? That is a nice clean looking tuft of mold growing out of there! I would suggest that you 1) do whatever you want with it, but take a small amount of living fleece (seriously just tear off a small chunk of the hyphae) and put it on a new cooked (and cooled) batch of barley or rice or any grain. The mold will fully colonize it in almost a day, and it will just get thicker and thicker after a few days. I would let it go a full week until it turns black with spores, then let it air dry, you'll have an unlimited supply of very fast growing spores! For me, that is my ground zero. Unlimited spores. Unlimited potential. Time is your ally and your only real enemy here.

So many options!

Please tell us your ideas for what you want to do? Living bread? Ambrosia wine?

Good luck!!

Congrats again!
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post (total 2):
fantanylstanley_haze

fantanyl

Post by fantanyl » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:33 pm

thanks @Mcpato ! very happy about that!

ok i think thats a good idea, that cleaning up step, i think a second run with BRF and verm would be a good medium.
and yeah i have a lot of ideas i want to try
first a living bread, what do you suggest would be a good medium for eating it afterwards ? i think the rice would be better cooked and then grown over with the fleece ? what about wheat cernels ? (at home atm)
yeah and my main quest is definitly ambrosial wine, the grape juice is already at home yeeah
are you experienced with ambrosial wine ? because i never saw a dosage advice, i know it will vary in potency so extact dosage advices are not easy but approximatly ? do one need to drink a half liter or can one little glass be enough if its potent ?
yeah and i have a couple of other ideas too,
vor example growing it over coffee beans, grind and drink it as coffee.
or in one thread here in the forum i read about letting it grow over shisha tabak, thats interesting, it maybe could grow over pipe tobacco too, or even weed or datura leaves, soo many possibilitys
i´m interested in the fleece could have the ability to metabolise some alkaloids/other chemicals to maybe more potent alkaloids/other chemicals
i think here maybe the fleece could have huge potential too.
but thats all highly speculativ atm ...
but i heard of very interesting experiments with yeast to have this abillity, maybe the fleece has it too ...
These users thanked the author fantanyl for the post (total 2):
Mcpatostanley_haze

fantanyl

Post by fantanyl » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:35 pm

thoughts ?
only fleece or contams and fleece ?
i did a non sterile test run on grape juice just to see if its really necessary to sterilize the liquid, because i hate sterilizing liquid medias with high sugar content, it caramelizes horrible every time i do it (pressure cooker) ... usually the myzel (other shrooms not the fleece) grows nevertheless but significantly slower if there is much caramelization, i think the fleece would do that too.
i think it should be possible to do it non sterile with a high succesrate simply because it grows so enormously fast - by the way this is day one after innoculation of the fleece spores, yeah i think no way any other molds are that fast but, u kno, safety first
Attachments
20000101_010415.jpg
20000101_010415.jpg (54.54 KiB) Viewed 244985 times
20000101_010137.jpg
20000101_010137.jpg (61.27 KiB) Viewed 244985 times
These users thanked the author fantanyl for the post:
micrich

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:13 pm

fantanyl wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:35 pm
thoughts ?
only fleece or contams and fleece ?
i did a non sterile test run on grape juice just to see if its really necessary to sterilize the liquid, because i hate sterilizing liquid medias with high sugar content, it caramelizes horrible every time i do it (pressure cooker) ... usually the myzel (other shrooms not the fleece) grows nevertheless but significantly slower if there is much caramelization, i think the fleece would do that too.
i think it should be possible to do it non sterile with a high succesrate simply because it grows so enormously fast - by the way this is day one after innoculation of the fleece spores, yeah i think no way any other molds are that fast but, u kno, safety first
Honestly it looks great, like pure fleece! It can range slightly in colors from white, to black, to grey and brown. Seriously well done. That ambrosia will be done in less than a week I would expect. I've had hit and miss success using Don teeters method of decarbing over the stove with a double boiler and that could be due to so many reasons, from the ambrosia not being potent enough to me not going cooking long enough. I found that I preferred it raw, but the effects were more traditionally psychoactive when decarbed first.

The most potent ambrosia I made was in a small jar with orange juice. Not in any way pasturized or anything, from a concentrate can with regular tap water. It was just a fun experiment while I worked on other things. I set it and forgot about it for about 3 weeks. It grew very little fuzz on top, and under the surface of the juice it had grown a little more. That orange juice turned super acidic kinda like vinegar, but it has the distinct ambrosia acidity. That stuff lasted forever because, I kid you not, if I dipped my finger in, and just tasted it, it would quickly set to work. That batch was what really showed me how transdermal this stuff is. Equally potent transdermally as sublingually or orally. I actually never tried doing a larger batch of orange juice...
Idk why the orange juice was so much more potent. It's possible the citric acid already present had something to do with it, maybe decarboxylating the "ibotenic acid".

Btw I LOVE your coffee idea. You are getting the exact spirit of the possibilities here! Coffee grounds may be possible to work with here as well? All koji experiments would work with the fleece. Psychoactive food possibilities?! Lolol

Keep going my friend! I look forward to your experiences consuming the fleece. Remember to start slow! And taking it small amounts in consecutive days is even better, you'll see! There is definitely some type of reverse tolerance.
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post:
stanley_haze

fantanyl

Post by fantanyl » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:57 am

thanks @Mcpato !
really appreciate your experienced eye for the fleece and your opinion !
in the attachments is an update of today, i think now its a bit more unmistakeable the fleece, but i wasn´t really sure because its thin appearence, in all the pics you can find in the net on top of the ambrosial wine there is a thick fleece,
i thought about what are the the conditions for the fleece to grow thick, maybe more sugar in the medium -> more viscous medium -> better stability -> higher growth
or maybe with less sugar (or nutrients) the fleece has no need to "stretch his arms long" in the search for nutrients (in the verm and BRF experiments, the fleece grows less large in jars with additional sugar)
or maybe more air circulation could work
but this leads to the question if a thicker fleece is really advantageous for producing actives, or just a beautiful look ...

i´ll post future experiments

i´ll definitly try to replikate your experiment with orange juice, sounds interesting, maybe the citric acid or other componets are good precursers for ibotenic acid
but i´ll will try different juices anyway

also very interesting how you describe the effects, it gets more and more interesting,
reverse tolerance is an interesting phenomenom, the only other substance i know of which produces reverse tollerance is salvinorin A (fascinating stuff)

i think i´ll try first with the decarb method,
but i thought about why does the don decarb it in a double boiler ? i think it should work in an usual pot, too
it would be much more convenient, and you could decarb much larger batches at once.
did you try that sprinkeling sugar in the ambrosia while decarbing and watch this reaction method ?

for the coffee experiment, i think both, ground and unground could have advantages, i think there is a lower contam risk if the beans are unground, but then it could be slower

so much experiments for the future, looking very forward to share they with you !
and i wanted to thank you Mcpato, a year ago i first read about the fleece and since i read the book of teeter and all the posts in the ambrosia society section of this forum, and side by side with the don you are the greatest inspriration in this cutting edge sience ! your posts gave me the only real evidence all this stuff is actually legit and worth trying it!
cant tell about the ambrosia societys forum, because it was already down when i first heard about, i think there obviously would be great informations too, but on all the other drug forums, there is so much disbelieve, one could simply think thats all BS, here is the only place one can really talk about that.
the fleece derserves a much larger adience !
Attachments
20211012_210553.jpg
20211012_210553.jpg (74.05 KiB) Viewed 244946 times

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:38 am

fantanyl wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:57 am
thanks @Mcpato !
really appreciate your experienced eye for the fleece and your opinion !
in the attachments is an update of today, i think now its a bit more unmistakeable the fleece, but i wasn´t really sure because its thin appearence, in all the pics you can find in the net on top of the ambrosial wine there is a thick fleece,
i thought about what are the the conditions for the fleece to grow thick, maybe more sugar in the medium -> more viscous medium -> better stability -> higher growth
or maybe with less sugar (or nutrients) the fleece has no need to "stretch his arms long" in the search for nutrients (in the verm and BRF experiments, the fleece grows less large in jars with additional sugar)
or maybe more air circulation could work
but this leads to the question if a thicker fleece is really advantageous for producing actives, or just a beautiful look ...

i´ll post future experiments

i´ll definitly try to replikate your experiment with orange juice, sounds interesting, maybe the citric acid or other componets are good precursers for ibotenic acid
but i´ll will try different juices anyway

also very interesting how you describe the effects, it gets more and more interesting,
reverse tolerance is an interesting phenomenom, the only other substance i know of which produces reverse tollerance is salvinorin A (fascinating stuff)

i think i´ll try first with the decarb method,
but i thought about why does the don decarb it in a double boiler ? i think it should work in an usual pot, too
it would be much more convenient, and you could decarb much larger batches at once.
did you try that sprinkeling sugar in the ambrosia while decarbing and watch this reaction method ?

for the coffee experiment, i think both, ground and unground could have advantages, i think there is a lower contam risk if the beans are unground, but then it could be slower

so much experiments for the future, looking very forward to share they with you !
and i wanted to thank you Mcpato, a year ago i first read about the fleece and since i read the book of teeter and all the posts in the ambrosia society section of this forum, and side by side with the don you are the greatest inspriration in this cutting edge sience ! your posts gave me the only real evidence all this stuff is actually legit and worth trying it!
cant tell about the ambrosia societys forum, because it was already down when i first heard about, i think there obviously would be great informations too, but on all the other drug forums, there is so much disbelieve, one could simply think thats all BS, here is the only place one can really talk about that.
the fleece derserves a much larger adience !
The double boiler is to keep the ambrosia from burning on the bottom. When I tried using higher temperatures for decarb it made the ambrosia taste almost metallic. I'm sure it changed it somehow. It tasted sorta burnt. I think it still worked but was a little weaker, but tbh its been a long time and I do not remember exactly how it went...

I really appreciate your kind words, and you are right that the fleece deserves a wider audience. It eventually will, but hopefully by then we'll have already unlocked all its secrets!

I see things like this mold is similar to a holy grail. Only a fool would ever even attempt to find it. And only a fool would ever find it, and by then, not so much a fool anymore. All I can say is everyone can see for themselves, but since most won't, this gift is reserved for the few.

Thank you for helping carry the torch forward my friend! Like I mentioned before, I'm not currently cultivating the fleece, but only because I plan to come back to it after some time so I can try some new experiments... I want to work with the fleece alchemically... I feel it deserves its own form of physical exaltation, and so I work towards "a great work" with this fleece.
fantanylstanley_haze

fantanyl

Post by fantanyl » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:12 pm

sooo,
i did a couple of tests with my first batches of ambrosia,
one with my first little batch only sat for 5 days or so.
this was far too less time and tasted not really different then just the original grape juice (decarbed in double boiler and diluited)
~200 ml before diluition and felt nothing which was distinguishable from placebo.
the second batch was 10 days old, also decarbed and diluited (one part ambrosia two parts water)
and ~ 400ml in one evenig
it tasted again like normal grape juice after decarbing (but before decarbing i tasted one sip and this was definitly much more sour then plain grape juice)
but again not really effects i could describe clear and could distinguish from placebo
i would describe it a bit like @EaglesNest did it a couple of posts ago

EagleNest wrote: "The actual “high” has always been inconsistent for me, if i had to express the effects for me in the least cryptic way it seems to give a sense of innate "knowing" or gnosis in the true sense of the word, like it amplifies meaning and symbolism to teach in a deeply personal way. Usually "teaching you to fish" as opposed to "giving you a fish to eat"

i think i understand now how you meant it.
i would also describe it more like a very diffuse state of mind "expandment of space for the thoughts" maybe (?), then the more classical inebration effect i expected, which is often described for the lower doses of the amanita experience
but my results are very inconclusive, because of the little experience and maybe wrong expectations for the effect.
the next batches (i prepared a couple of batches, some bigger, one with orange juice like @Mcpato ) i will definitly let them sit a lot longer, 3 or 4 weeks, this could also change the effect dramatically.

The decarbing process could also be the key, maybe i did it too long or too hot
but the sugar test like in the video of the don worked great, next time i´ll post some photos

also the growning conditions for the fleece change its apearance dramatically, maybe also the effects.
it is said it should be kept away from light, i thought this means no direct sunlight and a bit dark, but for the thickness of the fleece and a fluffy white appearance for a longer period of time before it gets darker, it´s necessary that there is complete darkness.

what i VERY appreciate at growing the fleece is that there is absolute no need to sterilise ANITHING
off course the vessels or jars or whatever should not be terrible dirty but i can open the jar and smell any time with no problem and can use the juice without extra pastorisation.
AND you can take the hole fleece after the process even with your unwashed bare hands and put it as it is on the surface of a new (same size or bigger) jar with also unpastorised juice, and no contamination!
this kind of fleece recycling process should lead to potenter batches, if the claims of the don are real that the grail gets stronger over time.
i think there was already the idea of a bioreactor in some thread of the ambrosia society section of this forum, but there is no need to get complex mechanisms, just a big jar. i´ll definitly post some cultivation photos next time, too :)

and @Mcpato if you plan to share your alchemical work with the fleece i would of course look very forward reading about it!
i´m also very interested in alchemical processes but its hard to find legit information about that kind of stuff ...
you mentioned earlyer you are studying alchemy, do you do it by yourself (with books etc) or are there actuall teachers one can find ? apart from the teachers of the forrest of course :D
EaglesNeststanley_haze

EaglesNest

Post by EaglesNest » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:26 pm

I do find that fleece gives me a subtle floaty kind of pleasant «heavy» feeling, but i’ve never had an effect even remotely like from caps. I’ve tried to decarb higher amounts but a bigger dose does not seem to equal a bigger effect. Drinking with more water does not seem to make any difference for me. But I have had a surge in effects eating fleece several times when also consuming caps, even though its been hours since first dose of the caps. I wish I could experiment more with higher doses, but it’s hard to find time to risk getting too high. :D

Though, after experimenting with the methods on this forum, at least my amanita cap experiments have been much more consistent. A 20 minute simmer with some vinegar seems to give perfect mix of Ibotenic Acid to Muscimol and the experience is usually consistently calming and pleasant, so thanks to all of the people who contribute here. That was a big revelation for me.

It’s a shame the fleece is not being talked about more. I guess there’s some obvious reasons, like that its a mold, that Donald Teeter seemed to die of heart complications and all the wild speculation and religious language surrounding all of this thats off-putting to a lot of people. But I believe its much more important than most realize. Just look at how important the resurrection is in the Gospels, there is no Christianity at all without the resurrection.

It seems to me that the story of Amanita Muscaria came to a full blossom in the story of Christ, in a way that seemed to still be developing in the previous stories of dying and resurrecting gods. The Christ story and the Bibles language seem to mirror the amanita experience. The language thats used, "the good shepherd", "the light of the world", "the way and the truth and the light", feels like they describe exactly my experiences. I found many times after eating amanita and fleece daily for longer periods, that certain things, pieces of knowledge, names of people whom would later influence me greatly and so on, would just glow brightly, not in a literal way of course, but like they were burning with meaningful relevance for me personally. Like a strong "knowing" from within. It feels very guiding, like a “shepherd”. It also has strong felt presence that seems deeply alive and conscious of you, i’d even say Godly, and it appears suddenly at unexpected times, like when deep in thought about some worry and often feels very “lovingly mocking” or teasing, like it’s telling me “wake up dummy, be present, this is important”. Much like Christ seems in the Gospels. It can also be downright frightening, like Christ could be.

It’s really interesting that in the Gospel of John, right after Christ turned water into wine, he went to cleanse the temple of the money changers and he quite violently chases them out with a whip and overthrows the tables. An interesting symbolic connection to the strong sweating, salivating and spiritual confrontations many people experiences after first trying amanita, like it’s cleansing the body for the “Spirit of the Lord” then to dwell inside.

Along with enormously powerful transformational experience that is possible when this mushrooms is properly prepared, i’d say the fact that amanita resurrects is basically the final evidence that this mushroom was the sacrament of early Christians, and that the conclusion that has to follow then is that the various authors of the texts of the Bible might have been in communion with mushroom for maybe thousands of years. Which has HUGE implications if know how powerful this mushroom can be, because these authors seems to have come to some major conclusions.

If Amanita is Christ then it’s also “light of the world” that illumines “the way” to see and participate in the “true” divine patterns that emanate from Source of everything like the authors of the Bible seems to suggest, with the ultimate purpose of human existence being Theosis or to fully embody these divine patterns in «union with God». If this is true then it could also mean that the "spirit" in Amanita might be God himself, because Christ says "I and My Father are one.". That would be the enormous implications of carrying these funny ideas that we are entertaining to their ultimate conclusion.

"The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. "
These users thanked the author EaglesNest for the post (total 3):
fantanylmicrichstanley_haze

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:00 am

@EaglesNest
I do find that fleece gives me a subtle floaty kind of pleasant «heavy» feeling, but i’ve never had an effect even remotely like from caps. I’ve tried to decarb higher amounts but a bigger dose does not seem to equal a bigger effect.
Thank you for putting it that way. Yes. It was a subtle floatiness and also a very strong bodily heaviness. The higher doses I've taken did not become less subtle, but they were also very much NOT placebo, The heaviness to me felt like it was a reflection of my current level of "inner cleanliness". Every time I took it I felt like it was trying to purify me, mostly through sweating. Perspiration became the first sign it was kicking in. If I took it consecutively every day, that heaviness became easier and eventually very pleasant. Im never quite made enough to take it for longer than a few days consecutively. I remember the first night that heaviness was so unpleasant I couldn't even sleep. As far as it being like amanita... Sorta. Not really but It has some similar qualities that are subtly there. For instance it was a similar happy talkative drunkenness, but way less out there like amanita can get. Again, it felt like I was missing something, like there was a potential I hadnt quite unlocked yet.

@fantanyl
Wonderful work! Please dont give up. Give yourself time to experiment until you find the one that is ABSOLUTELY, definitely, 100% NOT placebo. For me if it didn't start with out of the blue sweatiness, even if I was cold, it wasnt gonna be the true, and repeatable experience. You guys, no offence, but it took me a year of constant attempts, and a lot of those times were working with the wrong mold. I wish someone else had helped me, but I had to figure it out myself, and I'm glad I did so everyone else could benefit. There was one that was, I think, kinda like a very mild antidepressant ir something. It made me feel good, but not in any way I knew how to distinguish beyond placebo. I wasn't sure so I worked with it for quite a while. Eventually I decided if this was the fleece, and if it wasn't distinguishable beyond placebo, that it was not worth the effort. So I started over again from scratch. Luckily I found the right mold. It is not placebo. If that is your experience either it needs adjustment to the growing process, more time, or its the wrong mold. But your batch looked to be the right one. Did you try it raw or just reacted ambrosia? The fleece bread, living bread, was the most consistent in its effects. Not nearly as sexy as ambrosia, but maybe start there for the consistency, so you'll know the feeling. Seriously ambrosia is hard. Most of my ambrosia attempts were... Not great. Contamination, or it would stop growing, or something else. The best one was that orange juice one, which surprised me because it grew, for some reason, under the surface and only a tiny bit above the surface. I think I used a baby food jar or another tiny jar for that one. For best results with ambrosia, a pan with lots of surface exposed to the air would encourage it to colonize the juice quickly and cosume it even more quickly. Theoretically. But it can grow under the juice as well, just slower, so maybe it really doesn't matter? I just encourage you to keep at it until you can say with me that it is definitely more than placebo. There is power in a unified voice concerning the fleece.

As far as Alchemy, if that is a path that interests you, beware everyone else. Seriously. Those who know the truth wont tell you without seriously 100% trusting you, and those who don't know will pretend they do and lead you astray. You HAVE to become rooted in the original hermetic understanding of the universe, which means understanding the 4 element theory, at the very least. We know that all things are born out of stardust, forged in stars. We too, are stars, tabernacles of the Sovereign One, all of us. Alchemy is the process of purifying that Temple so the divine can more easily be expressed through your own life. Understanding hermetic knowledge is not easy... It took me about a year to finally start to grasp Astrology, which is the theoretical application of the 4 element theory upon all that is a part of time. That's a very crude intro to it. It is the great science, as all the great philosophers have said, and I know by experience that Astrology teaches you to think as God thinks. Astrology is the application of true philosophy and unless you have a trustworthy guide, I'd say its probably a requirement to truly understand Alchemy. Lololol but perhaps I do everything the hard way.
Either way, read read read. It is said that this knowledge can only be given by God. I think I agree, because it is like a gift, where your understanding of all things grows as a result of your ability to think Astrologically, which is like a scaffolding for higher thinking. It becomes like a machine , a separate function of the mind, that reveals anything you wish to know through the language of symbols and archetypes. I'm still very much a beginner, but I'm happy to assist anyone who is genuine and curious. This is like any math or science. Nobody can give it to you, you have to dive in and learn it yourself. But there are lots of resources, especially for understanding Astrology.
fantanylstanley_haze

fantanyl

Post by fantanyl » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:11 pm

Thanks @Mcpato ! yeah giving up is absolutly no option, i´m at the very beginning at this moment :)
I actually did a couple of trys with the raw ambrosia of my last batch,
the effects seem to be more consistent than with the decarb process, but i´m sure i´m doing something wrong with the decarb,
i´ll try the decarb in the future more and in different ways and will protokoll it and do a pictorial. (the sugar method of the don is visually quite noticable)

the taste of the raw ambrosia (3 weeks old) is very good distinguishable from the original grape juice, its far more acidic and not nearly as sweet - but still quite enjoyable
i think the taste as indikator works quite well (very acidic -> more ibotenic acid, not sweet -> the fleece consumed most sugar)
and dilution does nothing for me for this raw stage of ambrosia.
did you guys have the same results about the taste ?

yeah, and as i already said, the effects were more consistent, it gave me more of a motivation feeling, with a "yeah i´ll do it right now" behavior, which is not very typical for me,
also a obviouse clearheadness. this effects won´t get stronger with a higher dose just the same like @EaglesNest ´s description of the effects.
but the motivation is not like a classic stimulation effect and also doesnt affect sleep in a bad way (nice!).
the first conclusion about the effects is, this shouldn´t be placebo, but there should also be much more possible,
but it got me a little bit thinking, i have no of the sweatyness (what do you mean with blue sweatyness ?) or heavyness or floatyness you describe @McPato (maybe a tiny little bit floatyness)
could it be just not the right mold ?
i dont think so, because effects are different in different people, but i just cant be sure at the moment...
maybe i´ll try a second isolation from the last little bit amanita i have

also i saw your posts in the lactic acid conversation thread, McPato (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=647&start=10),
very interesting !
i think something like this could be the key for the decarboxylation of the fleece
i saw a thread where people are claiming up to 95% of the ibotenic acid gets destroyed when decarbing by heat,
maybe this is also true for the chemicals (alkaloids ?) in the raw fleece if they are similar to ibotenic acid -> this maybe leads to the inconsistent results people are reporting when it comes to decarbing the ambrosia
i´ll post in this thread, too (the lactic acid conversation thread), but atm i want to ellaborate my ideas at this thopic just in this thread.
i think our current knowledge is that we cant be sure that its really ibotenic acid and muscimole the fleece is producing, because of the different effects from amanita most people describe,
but chemically they act in a similar way (raw: acidic, (heat)decarboxilation -> less acidic)
in the lacitc acid conversation thread (and other conversation, raw milk and soma threads) the theorys are that
1. lactic acid forms a new product with muscimole/ibotenic acid
2. lactic acid leads to better conversation of ibotenic acid to muscimole
3. the lactobacillus form a new molecule from muscimole/ibotenic acid
4. the lactobacillus leads to full (or great) conversation from ibotenic acid to muscimole (glutamat decarboxylase)

i think most of this is not very conclusive when it comes to personal experience, and i definitly feel the need of trying to change that !

BUT there are already scientific papers !
@amanitadreamer did a great video on a scientific paper on this topic (the austin patent) ( , for those who havent seen yet)
she talks also about conversations with different acids (she comes to the conclusion if prepared for consumtion, best (or good) acid is the juice from a lemon) i think i have to try this out, too, but this also throws new light on theory 2. on the theory list above.
latic ACID has a pKa of 3,86 vs citric acid with a pKa of 2,79 (both numbers found on pubchem) for those who arent very into chemistry lower pKa value means higher acidity, so lactic acid is lesser acidic but it could still work well.
but really interesting are the informations on the enzymatic conversions with the enzyme GAD / Glutamate decarboxylase (not sure how this short name comes together haha)
the paper shows definitly the fermentation with lactobacillus shows the best results.
maybe its even a combination of both conversation path, because lactobacillus should produce lactic acid AND the encymes so it could be even better and more complex.

i think i´ll try simply putting lactic acid in raw ambrosia, but more promising seems letting ambrosia colonise by a lactobacillus culture or maybe letting a lactobacillus culture colonize by the fleece
or even letting them colonise simultaneously ? in which mediums could anything of that be possible ? maybe even in grape juice ? maybe with added nutrients ?
i´ll try to follow the advicements in the different lacotbacillus strains thread (first link below) when it goes into picking one of the many lactobacillus cultures.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=758 (-> different lactobacillus strains, great thread @lostmushroomforest ! i´ll definitly post there when i have results !)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=684&start=10 (-> amanita with raw milk -> soma by @amanitadreamer )

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=647&start=10 (-> lactic acid conversation thread by @Zopphire )

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default. ... ts&t=87052
&
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default. ... ts&t=95478 (-> similar thoughts about this topic at the dmt nexus forum)

So much experimentation will be needed for exact conclusions for DIY processing ! i´m really looking forward seeing new experiments by the people in these threads,
i´m checking them very often for new posts ! i´d of course love new posts about this topic in thread, too !

after long theoretic talk, i finally come to the part, what i was actually going to post about.
as promised i did a little pictorial about my way of growing the fleece, so here it is.
this is a little jar with maybe a half liter of grape juice and fleece (3 weeks old and already reycled once):
small jar.jpg
small jar.jpg (73.95 KiB) Viewed 244643 times
small jar 2.jpg
small jar 2.jpg (88.32 KiB) Viewed 244643 times
now i just discharge the ambrosia, leaving the fleece inside:
pouring off.jpg
pouring off.jpg (76.3 KiB) Viewed 244643 times
now i just take the fleece out and put it in the larger jar. these really big jars are so multifunktional ! 5 liter maximum space in this jar, but atm there is only one liter inside.
its a good idea to first only fill it a little bit and letting it colonise the hole surface, and after that you can still fill in more juice. but when you fill in 4 liters or something like this right at the beginning,
and it gets contaminated you waste much more juice !
transfer.jpg
transfer.jpg (73.71 KiB) Viewed 244643 times
floatin 1.jpg
floatin 1.jpg (77.73 KiB) Viewed 244643 times
Last edited by fantanyl on Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EaglesNeststanley_haze