convulsions/glutamate toxicity

A forum to discuss the psychopharmacology and neuroscience relating to Amanita Muscaria.
rockerfella

convulsions/glutamate toxicity

Post by rockerfella » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:00 am

I should start by saying I was a medium term alcoholic (about 6years) as well as suffering delerium tremons (with grand mal seizures) from both benzo's and alcohol, along with all the drugs that go hand in hand with this lifestyle. However I have for about 2 years now been almost completely sober (no benzos for a long time) and the convulsions and severe tremors have lessened and almost disapeared completely. As positive as this may be i struggle to regain myself completely after the severe damage/trauma that all these seizures had caused me. Recently I have returned to psychadelics - mostly psilocybin, some DMT and they have helped me with having a positive outlook although nothing in regards to lasting positive changes from within myself.

Enter amanita, it has strangley never been a mushroom I have searched for before (and I have done close to or more than 50 substances) yet now I no longer have the imediate effects of benzo and alcohol withdrawl I feel this mushroom may have some lessons for me.

After finding a few caps I had decided to dose (after oven drying and making a somewhat acidic tea which boiled for a couple hours) first night about 3-4g and was positive. Second night maybe 5-10g, this was not positive it was a complete return to that horrible feeling of dread that comes with delerium tremons and I was also very close to having a full on seizure. I did not, however my brain was acting just like it has done when I have had problems with my Gabba and Glutamate levels leading to Glutamate toxicity, which I am fairly confident in saying is what happened.

Regarding the sciences of amanita, what is knowing about the relation to glutamate and the possibilitys of seizures? I dont want to leave this mushroom just yet should it have any lessons for me but I also don't want to have any more seizures as for me the worst 4 years of my life was when I was suffering seizures almost most days. Is there anything that can be done in preperation to make them more Gaba active? (gaba is obviously not a problem, maybe too much can cause sleep but certainly not convulsions)

tgt1002

Re: convulsions/glutamate toxicity

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:38 am

Ibotenic acid is an analogue of glutamate. This is why it is an agonist of NMDA, which if I understand it correctly will either increase the amount or amplify the effect of glutamate (don't remember which I'm not an expert). Muscimol is the same way except for GABA
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

rockerfella

Post by rockerfella » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:35 am

Pretty much I want as much muscimol as possible with the least amount of ibotenic acid, although I have read that for some people ibotenic acid is not bad and infact fairly rewarding. Considering my past seizures a couple years back, I dont want to play around with glutamate. Regarding seizures it is pretty much to do with having to much glutamate action and not enough gaba action to counteract thereby causing a seizure.

This mushroom is both gabba and glutamte which is the main reason I am not put of by my harrowing expierience, although I will do what I can to make sure the least amount of Ibotenic acid is available.

I had oven dried then boiled in slightly acidic water for 3 hours although this certainly seemed to be on the toxic side (regarding more Ibotenic acid leading to muscle twitches and a inbalanced head) than I was expecting.

Should the same dose, oven dried then boiled for many, many hours in vinegar water solution lead to a more muscimol heavy tea? More so will doing this remove most if not all the ibotenic acid and the excessive glutamate effects that it can cause?

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:43 am

So a few things here. As I understood it the ibotenic acid could cause muscle twitches similar to convulsions but that were not actually convulsions but my knowledge on that is limited. As far as conversion you are doing everything you can pretty much. One piece of advice. Either stick to your lower dose or at the very least take your larger dose very slowly over the course of several hours. Your body can convert some ibotenic acid as well so if you consume it slowly over a period of time your are not letting as much ibo reach your brain without being converted to muscimol. Hope that helps.

I also have read somewhere about getting a 100% conversion with dmso but that is one claim on one trip report on erowid I can not verify but here it is if you wanna read it:

https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=98391
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post:
rockerfella
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:18 pm

rockerfella wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:00 am
I should start by saying I was a medium term alcoholic (about 6years) as well as suffering delerium tremons (with grand mal seizures) from both benzo's and alcohol, along with all the drugs that go hand in hand with this lifestyle. However I have for about 2 years now been almost completely sober (no benzos for a long time) and the convulsions and severe tremors have lessened and almost disapeared completely. As positive as this may be i struggle to regain myself completely after the severe damage/trauma that all these seizures had caused me. Recently I have returned to psychadelics - mostly psilocybin, some DMT and they have helped me with having a positive outlook although nothing in regards to lasting positive changes from within myself.

Enter amanita, it has strangley never been a mushroom I have searched for before (and I have done close to or more than 50 substances) yet now I no longer have the imediate effects of benzo and alcohol withdrawl I feel this mushroom may have some lessons for me.

After finding a few caps I had decided to dose (after oven drying and making a somewhat acidic tea which boiled for a couple hours) first night about 3-4g and was positive. Second night maybe 5-10g, this was not positive it was a complete return to that horrible feeling of dread that comes with delerium tremons and I was also very close to having a full on seizure. I did not, however my brain was acting just like it has done when I have had problems with my Gabba and Glutamate levels leading to Glutamate toxicity, which I am fairly confident in saying is what happened.

Regarding the sciences of amanita, what is knowing about the relation to glutamate and the possibilitys of seizures? I dont want to leave this mushroom just yet should it have any lessons for me but I also don't want to have any more seizures as for me the worst 4 years of my life was when I was suffering seizures almost most days. Is there anything that can be done in preperation to make them more Gaba active? (gaba is obviously not a problem, maybe too much can cause sleep but certainly not convulsions)
Google ibotenic acid conversion and ph stuff. I have a video on the patent that studied that and links in it to the video description. A low ph is necessary to convert, in stages starting with heat drying which may not be possible if you're buying yours. Check out the channel, look at the playlists. There is tons of research out there on muscimol's action and synthesis in the body.
I formerly abused alcohol along with the very high doses of benzos and now I have an arsenal of supplements I use, I made a video on that also. I am 2 years sober.
I wish you well on this journey and I hope you find some good things to get on that help you daily. <3
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 2):
tgt1002rockerfella
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

rockerfella

Post by rockerfella » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:38 pm

Cheers, cooking time and to choose muscimol over Ibotenic acid is how I will continue into the amanita.

the problem with convulsions is even if one does not have one, being very close to having one is almost as bad, however for me this was just 1 of the last 4 nights I spent with this mushroom. Making me believe it was due to me being unprepared for a high ibotenic acid content, starting slow and microdosing for a week or two prior I can definetly agree with.
These users thanked the author rockerfella for the post (total 2):
tgt1002Arktos