UV light--muscazone--MAOI

A forum to discuss the psychopharmacology and neuroscience relating to Amanita Muscaria.
didgerishroom
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

UV light--muscazone--MAOI

Post by didgerishroom » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:56 pm

Hi all, as I'm drying some freshly harvested amanita, I started worrying about whether having my ambient black light on is a good idea (so I turned it off for now). Then I started reading about how sun dried amanitas are alleged to end up with more muscazone and how some traditions swear by sun dried. I also came across a claim that muscazone is an MAOI. Well now that's interesting because separately I was wondering whether taking amanitas with syrian rue might potentiate the muscimol, the same way MAOIs potentiate other amines. Could it be the case that, although sun dried amanitas may result in less muscimol, that loss is offset by more muscazone which enhances the action of what muscimol is produced by helping it cross the blood-brain barrier? Perhaps ancient cultures that swore by sun drying were onto something the same way people in the Amazon discovered the secret of combining ayahuasca with chacruna. Has anything been written on this possibility?

T36

Re: UV light--muscazone--MAOI

Post by T36 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:02 am

i suggest you split your amanitas in 2 batches! dry one with UV and the other without UV! then mix the results in to one batch)

thevoluntaryway

Post by thevoluntaryway » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:37 pm

If you have one (or more) fresh Amanitas to experiment with, cut it in half to dry one piece out in the Sun and the other without the Sun - and then the real experiment begins with your experiences with them. btw I'm very intrigued at the possibility of an Amanita contained MAOI.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:18 pm

didgerishroom wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:56 pm
Hi all, as I'm drying some freshly harvested amanita, I started worrying about whether having my ambient black light on is a good idea (so I turned it off for now). Then I started reading about how sun dried amanitas are alleged to end up with more muscazone and how some traditions swear by sun dried. I also came across a claim that muscazone is an MAOI. Well now that's interesting because separately I was wondering whether taking amanitas with syrian rue might potentiate the muscimol, the same way MAOIs potentiate other amines. Could it be the case that, although sun dried amanitas may result in less muscimol, that loss is offset by more muscazone which enhances the action of what muscimol is produced by helping it cross the blood-brain barrier? Perhaps ancient cultures that swore by sun drying were onto something the same way people in the Amazon discovered the secret of combining ayahuasca with chacruna. Has anything been written on this possibility?
Keep in mind it's only the European amanitas that photo convert to muscazone.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:06 am

Also I thought that the jury was still out on the whole muscazone thing in general. Not saying I believe or doubt on the matter just thought that we really didn't know much yet about it.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this