Migrains

A forum to discuss the psychopharmacology and neuroscience relating to Amanita Muscaria.
Garden gnome

Migrains

Post by Garden gnome » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:00 am

Very briefly, i heard Amanita Dreamer say in one of her videos, this was used by people for migrains. I would like to know if it helped some people.

I saw another person join, right after me, Mark. He might like to know as well. I am also no longer willing to take the 'medicine' modern medicine has to offer, and am looking for natural ways, mainly to prevent an attack.

I have not used any medicine, specifically for migrain, in about 15 years. For me, none of them actually work, so i won't take them any longer. Sometimes i reach for painkillers, but that's it. I do not use ANY pharma for anything after being severely dammaged by antidepressants. (It affected my memory sofar permanently, although it's getting better slowly, it has been about 5 years) i no longer feel safe with regular medicine or the various regulatory bodies for that matter. They failed humanity in a big way. Absolutely no psychmeds for me at all, ever again.

I have come a very long way already. Most of it had to do with diet, sleep regularity and stress. Since i have a background of eating disorder, insomnia and an inability to deal with any form of stress (in my eyes, they cause eachother) i need to be able to insert something, somewhere to halt the spiral downwards, when i lose my grip on things. To me it feels like i'm always running around, spinning plates, never getting a moments rest to just hang back and relax. If just one of them falls, i'm in a world of hurt for days or weeks. That's why i live a spartan, no frills life with not much going on but work, eat and rest.

Microdosing (psylo) took care of my eternal depression, permanently. I feel so lucky. It never came back in any form. My deal with the shrooms is sealed. Lionsmane is slowly healing my memory issues and i take reishi and turkeytails too, although i have no idea what it's doing for me. I do feel i have a somewhat stronger constitution now and no longer feel so frail i think i could snap off at the ancles if a wind blows. PTSD has subsided over the year and the eating issues are not always on the foreground anymore. All good things. Let's try this one as well. I'm not kidding. I cry with joy every day. It wiped it from my life entirely, from the second i started taking it. Nothing else has ever done anything positive for me at all. Depression is the most horrendous state of mind for me.

A migrain attack for me, can last from a few hour to about 3 or 4 days in a row. Lately i have been able to dial it down significantly by adressing the 3 issues i mentioned above. This has taken me 10 years, microdosing in this last year.

Now i need something to wallop it down, as soon as i feel one come up randomly. This is the last piece in the puzzle for me. The friggin' randos, man! Mind you, i HAVE in fact come a very long way. I came from a deep and dark place of intense, constant suffering for DECADES. Now i almost seem human with somewhat of a life. Horray!!

Please, consider dropping what you know or your own experience, in this thread for me, Mark and probably countless others.

I'm not in the ' looking to get high' crowd. Never do, probably never will. Not interresting to me in the slightest.

I'm editing this to say something important. All this time i was actively working to heal, i did not have a single friend or family member to help me even once (only in the last 3 years, sporadically)

Don't be a stranger to suffering people. A single kind word or some practical help might have taken years off this process.

There were none.

Thank you
Even the smallest changes add up

mushroomL

Re: Migrains

Post by mushroomL » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:06 am

Sorry, I do not have amanita answers for you (yet!). But I have migraines myself for over 30 years 1-3 times a month which can last for days if I do not stop them. When I get to vomiting part, it stops, but then in some minutes starts building again. Anyway, I had lots of herbs working for me one time and then stop working another time, then working again. I don't know, if it depends on which stage of migraine I take the herb or homeopathic. Beladonna is low dose botanical, so take just 1-3 drops, I wouldn't go higher, but you could repeat in half an hour one more time. So far this one worked all the time. It is powerful though, be careful. Eclectic physicians used it as well as other potentialy toxic herb Gelsemium. Ghost Pipe is good too, but not as strong.
Gentler herbs such as wood betony, scullcap, yarrow, blue vervain, etc. are great too, but might work one time and not work another.
I am looking forward to seeing how amanita muscaria will work.

Garden gnome

Post by Garden gnome » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:43 am

Thank you very much for your reply. I rarely mess with toxic herbs and am a bit squeamish about them. I try to avoid the triggers like some foods, alcohol and of course stress, but you know the last one is unavoidable sometimes.

I'm very much looking forward to trying amanitas, but the season is over. Apparently, trade in the dried caps here in The Netherlands, is illegal as far as i can gather, just like trade in dried psylo caps is illegal here. Strangely, the fresh 'truffles' are perfectly fine to buy in the smartshop, which i do, but have not found them to be very effective on their own. I can't really tell anyway, because i try so many things at the same time.

I will however investigate the herbs you just mentioned. It's so frustrating! Lots of people think that after 2-3 days of absolute misery, i'm just able to get up and go, go, go, like i have no lightsensitivity to deal with after, or just shake off the feeling of weakness after not being able to keep food and drink down after a bout of it. The effects on sleeping and eating schedule are really quite severe, and take me days to get on top of again. It's not 'just' a severe headache. It's all the baggage that it brings with it.

I'm sick of it ruling my life. The way the disability office psychologically savages me every time they summon me over to their interrogation room. Granted, the last one was quite a while ago, but just thinking about this miserable hag taunting a cornered animal like me, who really DOES'NT have any other choice, but take some sort of government supports, so i can survive, gives me the most stress and anxiety. It sends me into frenzied panics every day and it has made me suicidal in the past, because i saw no way out of that terrible office and that payed tormentor. How is this even legal. I still shake in fear, every time i think about her. They have not bothered me for some time, but i'm just so affraid of having to go back into that process, it's ruining my life, like the Damocles sword is always hovering over me, ready to chop up the last remains of a normal life.

Again, thanks so much.

Garden gnome

Post by Garden gnome » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:47 pm

So, have you looked into feverfew yet? I grow it myself. Various varieties, because it's also a pretty ornamental. Especially the ones with filled flowers. Sometimes it works quite well. I never forage for rare herbs anyway, for obvious reasons. I use what i can grow. Wow, i just took a look at that ghost pipe (alas, does not grow here) it's one of those parasitic cool ericaceae things! That's about the coolest plant i have seen yet. Coolcoolcool! Love THAT!

Edit: ok, that Gelsemium looks very promising and will get that Belladonna as well. I will need to consult my naturopath. I have done all i can on my own. I thought that would do do it, but... almost. It's a thick forrest of potential out there, but i have never encountered a clear case of anyone actually curing migrain for good. I'm still also very sceptical of homeopathy. Maybe i should just try it but i'm so hardheaded, haha. I know my flaws exactly. It's just not realistic to expect i could turn my life into something zen. Not happening any time soon.