Let's introduce ourselves.

Feel free to discuss what you want.
ShammaLammaDingDong
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Let's introduce ourselves.

Post by ShammaLammaDingDong » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:22 pm

Hi there! Anyone live near Sac/Yuba City and want to DM or talk irl? Middle aged professional woman, w/ some sporadic experience looking to grow my experience, if that matters 😝 Thanks!

lostmushroomforest

Re: Let's introduce ourselves.

Post by lostmushroomforest » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:04 pm

I just noticed this thread and realized I hadn't introduced myself yet! You can call me "Lost Mushroom Forest" or refer to me by username in this forum. For background, I have a mix of anxiety/depression/dysphoria/PTSD that I had been treating with cannabinoids, but have grown tired of the negative mental side effects, dependency, and withdrawal, which have contributed to depressive episodes, anxiety, and general feeling of inertia/being stuck. In the past few years of my life, I have gotten very into foraging and fermentation, but I have been too scared to forage Amanita Muscaria. I had previously tried a (poorly made) Amanita Muscaria extract years ago and was fairly disappointed, so I had written this powerful mushroom off as not for me.

I learned about Amanita Dreamer's videos a little over a month ago now, and that started my journey with these sacred mushrooms. I hate to use the cliché, but when I tried these mushrooms (in the form of kombucha) for a second time, it felt like a piece that had been missing my whole life had slid into place. They feel healing in a way nothing I've ever tried has (including classical psychedelics) - relief without numbness or escapism. I feel mentally balanced and present in the moment, and ready to move forward with my life and accept my past, good and bad, rather than dwell on traumatic moments or decisions I would have made differently. I am also using them to stop daily THC usage and they have definitely helped with the withdrawal symptoms as well. My dreams are slowly returning, along with a level of creativity/flow I haven't felt in years . I feel like I am also chasing dopamine hits to deal with stress less than I used to, almost like the mushroom is programming me towards a more "natural" ecologically embedded cognitive pattern, rather than the hyperstress / hyperconsumption loop that is the default for so many under our current system.

None of this would have happened without Amanita Dreamer's videos (specifically the SOMA video) and I would like to thank her again for bringing this mushroom into my life. I want to help expand our knowledge about this mushroom and help others use it to heal, so I am working on various fermentation processes beyond SOMA to convert ibotenic acid to muscimol. My current focus is kombucha fermentation, which I have used to successfully decarb a significant portion of ibotenic acid to muscimol to the point where the effects of the ibotenic acid are not noticeable. Anyone interested can follow along in this thread where I will continue to post about my experiments with fermenting Amanita.