Let's introduce ourselves.

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Norrlander
Has thanked: 0

Re: Let's introduce ourselves.

Post by Norrlander » Wed May 04, 2022 2:29 pm

Krisss wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:15 pm
My main concern at the moment is not letting my dried stash get soggy. Is that bound to happen? Any tips for keeping them dry?
I keep my dried 'shrooms wrapped in a piece of net curtain fabric, in a sealed container which is one-third filled with dry rice.
These users thanked the author Norrlander for the post (total 2):
KrisssSweetness

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat May 28, 2022 4:48 am

Hi Everybody!

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I just learned about AM a few days ago and am very excited about trying it.
In the past I have felt a special bond with psilosybe mushrooms but they no longer have much of an effect for me because I take SSRI antidepressants.
I have felt so STUCK for years and I'm hoping this is the path to take.
I learned that AM variant guessowii grows reasonably close to me! One of my hopes is to find someone to forage with.

I am ready for this ☮️
Last edited by Sweetness on Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Sweetness for the post (total 2):
ArktosNickyBoy

BlueHermit21

Post by BlueHermit21 » Tue May 31, 2022 12:04 am

Love the quote
These users thanked the author BlueHermit21 for the post:
Sweetness
Happy Soaring
ᚢᚲXᛇᛉᛜᛟᛞ
🍄🌲🍄🌲🍄🌲🍄🌲🍄
Ayani Oriel Pont
Blue Hermit Healing Art 21

Arktos

Post by Arktos » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:26 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Arktos on Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Arktos for the post:
BlueHermit21
Arktos in my case refers to the bear, nothing else.

riverbear

Post by riverbear » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:33 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am in North America, Great Lakes Region.

Research on remedies for depression and anxiety brought me here. I got more interested in plants during the shut down phase of the pandemic. For example, what lawn "weeds" are edible. I was also trying to find out why so many mushrooms were growing in our yard. As we all know, one thing leads us to another.

At some point I started researching mushrooms and voila!
! here I am.

Thank you to Amanita Dreamer for starting this forum. And Thanks to all who contribute.

I think many of us in the States were taught to fear mushrooms.

Another thing I noticed is that people rightly frequently credit Gordon Wasson for bringing our attention to mushrooms in a different way. I believe his wife Valentina Pavlovna Wasson, a doctor, deserves half the credit as well.
These users thanked the author riverbear for the post:
NickyBoy

Tobbe

Post by Tobbe » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:40 am

Hello everybody! My name is Tobbe and I live in the northwestern part of Jamtland Sweden. I'm 50 years old and I'm diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (asperger?) and I propably also have ADD. Right now also very bad sleep.Other than that, I also struggle with an alcohol addiction.

I'm a newbie when it comes to Amanita Muscaria, but I've tried it two times. The effects were ok propably because of my bad preparation of it, but I know AM has so much more to give if you really get into it! Especially the part when it comes to alcohol and nicotine addiction. Like deep level healing in your life.

I'm looking forward to follow more of your posts and post myself! :)

Take care! /Tobbe
These users thanked the author Tobbe for the post (total 2):
riverbearDustEye
If life knocks you down, stand up, face the harsh headwind and take the winning step forward!

Arktos

Post by Arktos » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:10 am

Deleted
Last edited by Arktos on Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Arktos for the post (total 2):
TobbeDustEye
Arktos in my case refers to the bear, nothing else.

DustEye

Post by DustEye » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:51 pm

Hi Everyone.

My name is Andree, I am 43 years old, I live in Gothenburg, Sweden.

I am an avid YouTuber and I found the video, The Misunderstood Magical Mushroom ( which featured amanitadreamer.

I was recently diagnosed with bipolar and have struggled with anxiety and depression and PTS since my late teens.

I have been on many medications in my life but nothing that would really help. And I always stopped taking them because of the many drawbacks they have in combination that they never really help me with my core issues. I have also tried many of the "natural" things you get recommended when you have this kind of problem, but it's like trying to fix a broken bone with exercise, that might help after the bone has been plastered and healed, but it won't help while the bone is of, if you get my drift. In the end, I just isolate myself and feel kind of worthless. At some point, I started taking benzos, and that did give me relief at the beginning but spiraled out of control and I started taking massive amounts. At a certain point I could not continue taking them and took a flight to another country with no benzos at my disposal, big mistake, almost died, and ended up in the hospital, not pretty. I kicked the habit but for the last 4 years, I have been really struggling with the aftermath, basically hating myself.

Things have got much better lately though, I started walking in the woods and came close to nature. Somehow I feel I kind of needed to do all this journey to find my way back to nature. I am kind of a technology freak. I was a computer programmer and I love all things electronic, it fascinates me, it's like magic. I also do electronic music, I thinker with electronics, etc, basically everything electronics.

I just started microdosing and I really hope it can help me with my depression, PTS, and anxiety. thought I would share some other posts about that journey.

Thank you amanitadreamer!
These users thanked the author DustEye for the post (total 3):
riverbearArktosthedole

NickyBoy

Post by NickyBoy » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:56 pm

Hello everyone!!!
Im Nic, 36, Im in the US, between NY and WV, Charleston to be exact, Im already very excited to even write this introduction so I can reach like minded people of all ages and social groups, Ive discovered we leave in such a toxic word of lies, misinformation and fearmongering- near orvellian times sadly, to be afloat spiritually and heavenly minded my body was looking into SOMETHING always, I am into so many things and researches, recently started to use tinktures from AmanitaDreamer and found out the way to prioritize my errands much easily and talk to other people without giving any extra inner worries while talking or even looking at people because my mind is now feels like it always smiles and carries me around, also Im thinking im autistic, already been an empath my whole life and overfriendly so chances are...
I really really appreciate AmanitaDreamer for such a big involvment into the Dangerous and forbidden way of gain selfesteem in such a crazy world of anti-personalization .
These users thanked the author NickyBoy for the post (total 2):
thedoleriverbear

thedole

Post by thedole » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:26 pm

Hi
My name is Dag Ole, I'm 43 from Norway and I am also autistic as I see is not a rarity on here. I've felt drawn towards entheogens for a long time, but a combination of social stigma and lack of access has kept it as an intellectual curiosity only. Amanita Muscaria has mostly gone under the radar for me as what info I have seen about it has not presented it in a very positive way. My little sister ate some amanita when we were kids and it petrified me as I was afraid she was going to die after always being taught how poisonous it is.

A comment on a clip from Joe Rogan experience on youtube lead me here, and now I am binge watching the videos to try and make up my own opinion about if this is a road I want to go down. I am currently in the honeymoon phase where this looks like the holy grail, but I don't trust my own judgement in this phase. I am drawn to a lot of unconventional stuff, but at the same time i have a very critical mind that is not sure if this is only me indulging in wishful thinking, and it keeps me from engaging fully with it.

I am on disability benefits after repeat burnouts that eventually led to me getting diagnosed with Aspergers at 39 when I was finally too weak to compensate for my deficiencies so someone could see them. I live a pretty isolated life, and except for my girlfriend I don't engage much with people. I am more or less in a state of mental paralysis where I am unable to do pretty much anything.

I am not sure if I will be able to gather the strength to actually harvest and process any amanita. If I do I am concerned that the experience will be either underwhelming or overwhelming for me. That will end up in the "it does nothing" camp, or that it will slap me so hard that I just can't handle it. If it forces me to process what I have suppressed that can become a shit show, as I have suppressed pretty much everything, good and bad. I have supressed anger, fear, love, hate, sexuality, pleasure, pain, self love, self hate, you name it I have probably suppressed it one way or another. I am alive, but I am not living.

Access to amanita will not be the issue with amanita as it has been with Psilocybe semilanceata, amanita is all around me in the fall as I pretty much live in the woods, my own apathy that keeps everything on the to do list never to be done is more of an issue.

Sorry for the rant, I lack the energy to read everyone elses presentations today, but i make my own unreadable...
These users thanked the author thedole for the post (total 2):
riverbearNickyBoy