Let's introduce ourselves.

Feel free to discuss what you want.
MarkSurridge
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Let's introduce ourselves.

Post by MarkSurridge » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:33 pm

Hi, I am Mark and live in Colchester UK. My interest is mainly medical as I have chronic migraine. Seeking to learn more and reduce dependance on prescription medication but very cautious of interactions etc. Hope to learn and participate. I have no idea what emojis mean, so- Peace.

micrich

Post by micrich » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:37 am

Zdravstvuite everybody (traditional Russian greeting – I wish you be in good health, instead of indifferent hi, hello, salut, chiao etc)))

Introduction (short variant):
I am Mitrich and live in Belarus – the very middle of Europe. Here is a map for your convenience.
I am in quite good mental health (or it seems to me))) and in a relatively good physical condition. I don’t drink alco nor beer, tea, coffee, don’t eat meat at all and fish rarely. I do smoke. 8 years ago I eliminated TV and most mass media from my life forever. My primary reasons of registering here are information about producing recipes-technics and ways of consuming of Amanita Muscaria. Also I want to find answers for other private problems. I am not a scientist at all, but I will do my best to help you folks whatever I can.
Thank you

Introduction (long variant for those who is interested):
I am a Man of 63 and since my early childhood my parents took me in forests to pick mushrooms every summer and fall. My Mom cooked and stored them any possible way – fried, boiled, conserved, salted. Most of all my Dad loved salted black milk mushrooms (Lactarius turpis) as a follower to a shot). So I know AMs for about 60 years. (fly agarics in Russian called Mooho’mor which translates like “flies kaput”))) A couple of years ago I started spotting videos in Youtube about AM microdosing. There were a lot of feedbacks among which I loved “I became a better human” and “I quit smoking”. No doubt I wished the same for myself. In my garage I got a broken laser printer and a small broken air heater and with those parts I made a rather primitive but quite effective dryer while waiting for the Mushies season. I fill the dryer with cut mushies because that way I can stuff a lot more that whole caps and they dry fast even at 45-50C.
Knowing well most of the forests around 150km area of my hometown in my first season 2020 I managed to produce about 3kg of powder in a couple of weeks. There is one young pine forest in about 60km off my hometown that yields these two buckets on the left in just 1-1.5 hours. The bucket on the right shows that I came to a forest a day early and got youngsters mostly which shall go for making tincture.
There I could harvest a ton or two of Mushies if I knew where to apply that amount. I powdered all my dries with a regular electric coffee mill and placed them packed in black glass jars in my fridge for 2 months. This may be interesting – to get those jars I sandblasted regular supermarket cupping-glasspots and painted them solid black)
The day of the fame finally came – I took my first morning dose about 0.5gr. In about 20 minutes I felt slightest feeling of nausea and wished to lay down. Closing eyes on the bed my last vision was wonderful Gothic flower ornament and I fall in the black abyss of sleep. Got up fresh and rested one hour later. Since then no dose raised up to 5gr did anything really noticeable to me. I am afraid of getting bad trip in my age so have not tried doses over 5gr. So my usual dose was 0.8-1gr for about 7 months just to keep up with the times. I wondered if my stuff is any potent. After offering my product to other interested strangers I got only positive feedbacks. Might that be not all of them were placebo lovers?) Then the problem was in me. I am not allergic to anything – half of my life worked as car painter with aceton based thinner paints sometime wearing no protection at all – nothing happened. While in the USSR often stole gasoline and diesel (everybody did)) by inhaling thru a hose, and thus I often drank fuels with no consequences for body or brain (I believe so))). Now I dont know how to open the door I want to peek thru...
Do my Mushies seem to look right for you? Do not be surprised at vulva debris absence on tops - this time they were washed away with sand and eagles.
This season some folks asked me to make tincture as it is known here for healing many bodily problems. Along with dried Mushies I also made about 20 liters of tincture. Unfortunately, due to the shortage of the right information at the time and fear to get botulin infection in bowls I made 80% alcohol tincture. It will be consumed eternally anyway, but now I wish I did it other way.
Well, that’s probably it. This forum abounds info and it will take me years to find what Im looking for in the other language. If any of you guys have anything to share about what you've just read I will much appreciate your kindly help and involvement.

As a stranger from an unknown part of the world with the deepest Amanitas history I will gladly answer any of your comments or inquiries and also help you whatever I can. I may seem to think or say or do strange things, but it not intended offensive or hostile. Just bear in mind the cultural, linguistic, upbringing etc differences. Firstly among them I would place the fact that we here are not so liberastic and tolerastic as you used to see close around. We often say what we think or feel instead of politchargingly lying.
Thank you for reading and understanding)
These users thanked the author micrich for the post (total 2):
KarmaNinaNickyBoy

BillieMarie

Post by BillieMarie » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:45 pm

Hi Everybody, Like some others, I'm new to amanita - new to all psychedelics really. I'm mainly interested in amanita for the spiritual and psychological benefits.
I'm enjoying all the videos - lots to take in. And I love the idea of doing a retreat. Hope you decide to start doing them more often @amanitadreamer!
-Billie

Stevo

Post by Stevo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:03 pm

Hello all you beautiful peeps!!
Im StevO and am a newbie and am truly here doing some research for a friend. This is what is growing right now in my local area, and they're all over right now, early December late Novemeber...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eEzbZNWKHaPfVz4u8

I was searching for info on decarbolizing from fresh picked versus dried. I understand that there can be a huge % difference in ibotenic acid
between individuals. I swear these shrooms are talking to me, and I haven't even nibbled and spat out a little bit yet!
So I figure that dried shrooms are already decarbalized to some degree, but you need more of them to make your tea. Correct?
So therefore it should take fewer fresh ones to make a similar brew? That's probably not an accurate conclusion.
I was thinking of simmering a 3 to 4 medium to small sliced-up fresh ones for 30 minutes in lemon and blueberries, then strain and put some slices on a frozen pizza to cook for another 1/2 hour. Any thoughts?
Last edited by Stevo on Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Garden gnome

Post by Garden gnome » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:12 pm

Hey Stevo, did you watch the other videos yet on www.amanitadreamer.net ? Nice to meet you. The website has just been made more... user friendly, i have seen. I'm still investigating myself. Can't advice you. Have a lot of fun on our collective journey. She has some excellent videos.

You're so lucky to still find some! I'm jealous.
Even the smallest changes add up

Stevo

Post by Stevo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:19 pm

Garden gnome wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:12 pm
You're so lucky to still find some! I'm jealous.
Its a little bit warmer here than Seattle area so our shrooms seem to be a little behind their schedule. We have many of the same shrooms growing here in Humboldt NorCal.
These users thanked the author Stevo for the post:
Garden gnome

happygoverment

Post by happygoverment » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:48 am

Hi everyone my name is Dwayne I live in Kentucky it's 4 in the morning here im getting ready for work just wanted to say hello as i don't have much time im excited to find this forum so happy to find a place to talk about this mushroom
These users thanked the author happygoverment for the post:
NickyBoy

lonelyson94

Post by lonelyson94 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:56 pm

26th Dec 21
Hello,

I'm Lonelyson94, you can call me son for short ;)

I came to research and then take psilocybin mushrooms for mental health - specifically anxiety, depression and PTSD earlier this year. I'm a civilian war survivor, living with childhood PTSD, now 27yr old trans man in the UK. In my quest to heal I've tried different types of therapy and antidepressants with not much improvement over the years.

Psilocybin was the first compound to make any type of difference, during my first trip I confronted a lot of my fears of authority and men, policemen and my own existential dread. For the first time in my life I actively wanted to live, I wanted to try and i can't exaggerate how huge that is for me.

Since then I've been reading more and more into entheogens and I really feel this is what I'm meant to be doing. I kept coming across Amanita Muscaria but did not know anything accurate until I found Amanita Dreamer's channel in my youtube recommendations. I'm now on a journey with microdosing for a few weeks. While I have had good interesting effects on macro dose, and a bad one on hero dose, I don't seem to get anything out of microdosing so far. I am a cannabis user and as of today I'm quitting to see if that makes any difference?

Edit* 6th Jan 22 update
I'm aware I'm having dreams every night and often wake up with a song echoing in my head. I can't remember the dreams and usually lose the song quickly. One dramatic thing is that I don't wake up with a feeling of dread and panic anymore. I still have day time anxiety and have to work to ground myself but I wake up feeling more myself more often and my internal monologue is less invasive. I think the cannabis is still in my body and hopefully things will continue improving with time.
These users thanked the author lonelyson94 for the post:
Arktos

Dustin

Post by Dustin » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:54 pm

Howdy Folks

Dustin Here. I’m that goofy new guy from yesterday’s Zoom. I’m taking a moment to introduce myself here because I know what will happen if I don’t. I’ll lurk here for a couple of weeks and then vanish because I didn’t get involved and my brain will convince me I missed my window. I have a history of excluding myself long before anyone else has a chance to do so.

I found my way onto the Mush-path largely due to Johann Hari’s “Lost Connections” and Michael Pollan’s “How to Change your Mind” books. They set off some sort of slow burning mental chain reaction which started unconsciously and then slowly became a “calling” of sorts. It still feels strange for me to use that kind of language but I’m growing more comfortable with it. In 2020 I quit taking SSRIs after many years of being strung along by them. That was difficult but I’m far better off now than I was under their influence. I’m currently trying to undo the damage, especially the massive weight gains while on the medication.

In 2021 I was fortunate enough to find someone I could purchase some P. from and have been microdosing for my depression for about 5 months now. I would need to be a poet to come close to expressing just how much my life has changed for the better. Suffice to say that after decades of severe depression I am beginning to “live” rather than simply “exist” thanks to fungi. I have yet to try any sort of dose other than a microdose. I would like to do so, but I’m anxious about doing so alone so I’ve held off. Set & Setting are important. I suppose I’m working up my courage. I have yet to try Amanita but once again I feel “called” to do so. Soon perhaps.

I am so grateful that I accidentally found my way here. I am thankful to be able to listen, learn, and witness people who have so much more experience than I. Living where I live I have no one locally I can talk to or learn from directly. Listening to you folks yesterday was heart warming.

Mahalo!
Dustin
These users thanked the author Dustin for the post:
lonelyson94

Paul-NC

Post by Paul-NC » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:45 am

Hello everyone, My name is Paul, I live in North Carolina. I found interest in the Amanita mushroom just recently. I used Dreamer vendor to get hold of some so that I can experiment with it. I want to thank Dreamer for all she has done and will do. Be good.. If not be careful :-)
These users thanked the author Paul-NC for the post (total 2):
DustinKCRay