Let's introduce ourselves.

Feel free to discuss what you want.
MisterShenanigans

Re: Let's introduce ourselves.

Post by MisterShenanigans » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:27 pm

Hi everyone!! First, let me start by saying I'm stoked to have stumbled across this amazing Amanita forum. A little about me and why I’m here. Well, I was medically retired from the military for PTSD after 21yrs of service. I have bounced around from multiple types of prescriptions and refuse the stronger forms or increase dosages for the current medications I take. I thank every Doctor/Nurse that has tried to help, unfortunately their hands are tied to what the VA allows. One thing is for sure they helped me out of my dark hole, and I will be forever grateful.

I am here looking for a way to heal. I don't know what that looks like. Although, I do have an open mind..... more towards natural forms of healing for my mind and body. After scouring the internet and coming across multiple studies about psychedelics and PTSD I then stumbled across the Amanita. After just a few days of looking into this mushroom I was blown away from the amount of history she has. I look forward to discovering so much more.
Currently I live around NW Tennessee.

Thanks for reading!

Mister Shen
These users thanked the author MisterShenanigans for the post:
Tracy

RogerDoc
Has thanked: 0

Post by RogerDoc » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:01 pm

My name is Roger, I am 60 years of age. I am a husband, father and grandfather. I have been clean and sober off of alcohol, meth and opiates since 10/8/17. I am a Certified Recovery Coach. My use of AM would be limited to medicinal. I live on the Kitsap Peninsula of Western Washington State.
These users thanked the author RogerDoc for the post:
Tracy

Shroomsleep

Post by Shroomsleep » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:24 pm

Come on people... let's bring this forum back to Life!!
These users thanked the author Shroomsleep for the post:
Tracy

Tracy
Been thanked: 0

Post by Tracy » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:07 am

Hi All!

My name is Tracy. That is what I go by with my agriculture friends. I am male just FYI.

A couple of weeks ago, what first attracted me to Amanita Muscaria was Dakota of the Earth's video on how Jesus could have been a mushroom.

I then learned about Donald E. Teeter and read his book "Herb of Immortality"

I learned about this forum around the same time as I actually started paying attention to Amanita Dreamer on Youtube.

I had seen her thumbnails over the past year, but for some reason, I had always dismissed this mushroom.

Now I am extremely intrigued.

I am excited to recreate what Donald E. Teeter calls the "Holy Grail" and to create Ambrosia and the Fleece. I want to see if it really does have similar effects to Amanita Muscaria.

I also want to speak to the mushroom spirits when I smoke the mushroom.

I have dealt with severe panic attacks in the past that lead to psychosis, August 2021 in fact. It was a consequence of carelessly smoking too much DMT. I was not prepared to very nearly permanently lose the capacity to see this reality as real. I can't help but wonder if I had Amanita Muscaria during this period if it would have helped me with my anxiety and panic...that it might have helped me to cope with my brain being blown open by DMT. (It has since closed for the most part as I have not taken any DMT since the end of July 2021 and I have never been one to meditate, though I still pray every night.)

Now I want to develop a relationship with the mushroom and to see if it couldn't help me to cope with another mind-blowing DMT trip in the future.

Thanks for taking this time! I look forward to getting to know all of you and contributing the best way I can!
According to the Kabbalah, G-d is Infinite Desire to Impart light. Apparently, G-d created vessels with the Desire to Receive this light...the larger, stronger, and more desirous the vessel, the more light it may receive. Is this "The Secret?"

MOA

Post by MOA » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:41 pm

Hello everyone!

I am glad to have finally found this community, I am Mike from Alberta, Canada.

I have always been interested in mushrooms as far back as I can remember as my grandparents would talk of picking and eating mushrooms when they were young. Unfortunately they were all well into retirement (old) when I was a kid any they were no longer confident in identifying which mushrooms could be picked so they were not able to pass that info down. This left a question lingering in my head for quite some time. Just this week I was able to confirm with my grandma that she used to pick Leccinum Boreale, or as she called the "Red Heads". The area my grandparents grew up/lived has Amanita and I remember a riff between my grandparents if you could eat it or not. My Grandpa was Norwegian decent and my Grandma was Irish decent so perhaps that has something to do with their perceptions. Either way, it became the forbidden fruit.

Fast forward to 2016-2017 when I was living in the PNW and I came across some Amanita on the side of a trail, and I thought if I could get the real name of these I could look up and see who was right and now fast forward to today and I have taken up Mycology as a hobby and I have started to grow my own supply of various gourmet and medicinal mushrooms. (If there is interest I am happy to share more about this topic in it's own thread)

I have an ounce on order and I hope to start micro dosing by the end of the month and I am looking forward to seeing how this may aid/help me manage some of my ADHD symptoms since the prescribed meds just gave me insane anxiety and I had to get off them completely.

On a side note I also found some Amanita Pantherina last year on a property my parents own, I hope that they will be coming back again this year now that I was able to confirm their identity. (This property has been sold and I will only have access until May 30th, 2022 so I have one shot to collect from this location)

I am looking forward to learning from the experiences of others in this community & sharing my experiences as I become acquainted with this chapter.

Cheers, Mike
These users thanked the author MOA for the post:
banne

Petra

Post by Petra » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:14 pm

Hi; I am brand new to the forum. My name is Petra, living in southern Ontario Canada on a small homestead, semi-retired, feeling blessed to enjoy the 40 acres I have especially as Covid raged in the world around me.

I recently heard something in a conversation that perked up my ears related to Amanita and Migraines. I am a long time sufferer of migraine headaches and get about 18 a month. I am allergic to all the triptans which are typically used to treat migraine, so it makes it very difficult to have a functional life. I have been managing better over the last few years using marijuana. That seems to help me the most thus far and luckily, I have a neurologist who is on board.

This brings me to Amanita. Does anyone have any information on its use with migraine suffers, even antidotal?

farmerlion

Thank you Amanita Dreamer

Post by farmerlion » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:46 pm

I'm farmerlion,
Research and growing cannabis and mushrooms for donations to help PTSD Veterans, Cancer Patients and Chronic pain sufferers has filled the last 12 years of my life.

I have been called by God to show people the best and healthiest way to grow Cannabis for medical purposes. I'm diving into mushrooms head long. I'm refining how to combine mycelium in the soil with the root exudates in the Rhizosphere of the cannabis plant.

I will be closely watching for physical phenotypic and chemotype expressions through my greenhouse grow this coming season. I'm hoping that some traits or characteristics of the mycelium will be picked up into the trichomes of the cannabis plants. I will be doing HPLC testing of control and test plants at the end of the growing season.

The Amanita genus is very interesting to me for this study. I have planned to use genetics of both mushrooms and cannabis from Thailand as the soil ecologies are the same. This seems like a very good place to visit with like minded and interesting people.

If anyone wants to read my current research and growing techniques that I have developed over the past 6 years. There is a forum on icmag.com called
Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Sciences, my thread on the first page is called Making Marijuana Great Again.
Please check it out, I have much reading to do here and continue to study this amazing mushroom 🍄 . Have a beautiful upcoming week and thank you for letting me join you all here.
Peace farmerlion

psilocybe

Post by psilocybe » Tue May 03, 2022 1:24 pm

Hi all, I'm Jimmy
I'm a psychonaut, I have a lot of experience with psilocybin mushrooms I love spiritual and psychedelic experiences.
I'm currently on antidepressants and I can't take any tryptamine entheogen, and after some research I'm glad I found a entheogen I can take while on antidepressants

1My last 2 trips where with 5-MeO-DMT and it gave me serotonin syndrome that almost kill me, the first one was severe, on the second time I tried a lower dose but still gave me serotonin syndrome but less severe

I'm now waiting for the amanitas I ordered to come, and I'm too excited about trying them

Norrlander

Post by Norrlander » Tue May 03, 2022 7:24 pm

Hi everyone!
I live in the north of Sweden, where some years Amanita shows up everywhere. It's so nice to know It's there just below the surface of our little patch of forest.

I've been involved in Shamanic work for about 35 years but only now feel ready to start listening to these particular beings. My focus is going to be on incorporating them into the drum journeys and healing that I already do alone and with my local Blotlag.
These users thanked the author Norrlander for the post:
Arktos

Krisss

Post by Krisss » Tue May 03, 2022 8:15 pm

I listened to Amanita Dreamer on the Medicine Stories podcast and the whole story blew me away. As soon as I ordered some caps I felt like they were already changing my life. I watched a number of videos, including the one about raw for ADHD and started micro doses the size of a quarter of my pinky nail. It has only been 3 days but it is already making a difference. I took a nap after my 2nd dose and dreamed of floating around a room while sitting cross legged. My friends were encouraging me to do it and I didn't think it was possible, but I learned how. I woke up with the feeling I had learned a new skill.

My main concern at the moment is not letting my dried stash get soggy. Is that bound to happen? Any tips for keeping them dry? Can I do a cold water extraction to preserve the ibo and prevent the caps from going bad before getting a chance to use them all. I am taking very miniscule amounts.