Let's introduce ourselves.

Feel free to discuss what you want.
amanitadreamer

Re: Let's introduce ourselves.

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:52 pm

PeaceEva wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:43 pm
Hi Everyone,

I've been hesitant to jump in, but I'm here now. I've got benzo withdrawal injury, and I'm still not off of it. I want to be, and I don't want to spend another year doing this. I found Amanita Dreamer through a Quora search. I began listening to her videos and by the end of the night that night I felt so much hope!!! I was drawn to an amanita muscaria v. guessowi in the forest last October and was fascinated by it - I gave it a "photo shoot" but didn't think to pick it. Things felt like they were finally coming together. I have hope.

I tried psilocybin last year, but it didn't work right because I was on a high SSRI dose. I didn't trip, I felt so low, I wrote of hating myself and just had so many dark feelings. I know I need to do internal trauma work. I am nearly off SSRIs now, but now I'm more interested in microdosing than tripping right now.

I've purchased dry a. muscaria from Washington and it arrived a few days ago. I'm anxious about the preparation, but I'm going to try to be decisive and begin today. I dropped my dose of klonopin on thursday night, and I want to get ahead of the withdrawals if I can. My cognition goes for a time once I go into withdrawals.

I have lots of hope, and the world already seems brighter. I was overmedicated on antidepressants and benzos. My anxiety is terrible, but my depression is actually easing with the lower meds! Grr. I am so mad at my doctor for doing nothing for years and letting me sit in a terrible place. I'm going to take things into my own hands now, and I look forward to engaging with all of you and working my way through this journey.

My heart goes out to you. I know all those things and feelings. Please keep us posted.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
PeaceEva
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:57 pm

Sid_Hatrack wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:28 pm
Hello,

I decided to join the forum after watching videos posted by Amanita dreamer. They have inspired me to re-consider Amanita after rejecting it a few years ago when I was firmly warned to stay away from it by a local mycologist. Becoming aware of the actual experiences of those using it has caused me to question the authority view.

I have had only one significant experience with psychedelics. This was with LSD in 1970 when I was 17. It was something I did on a lark at a music festival. I had no idea what LSD was and so was not prepared at all for the intense and frightening experience which followed. It was a severe blow to my reality bubble and felt very unstable for about a year after. I know it was a long time ago and I did go on to play my part in the monopoly game of life, but I feel that what happened brought changes that are still with me such as anxiety, panic attacks and fears of being overwhelmed again. I am looking into amanita with hope that it might be help dial back my fear factor.

After that I swore off drugs for some 40 years until about 6 years ago when I started using marijuana for pain issues. I began to like it for its euprhoric effect as well and eventually there was mission creep to where I became a daily user. I do take a few month long breaks a year. I feel cannabis can be a great facilitator; however, I do not feel it to be a teacher or healer as some plant medicines are said to be.

A few years ago, I became interested psilocybin after reading of how it had changed people’s lives for the better and decided to try micro dosing it. I grew my own mushrooms and followed the Fadiman protocol using .3 grams for two months finalizing by taking a 1-gram dose.

I had high expectations for a positive experience because of the many glowing reports about it, but found it to be a great disappointment. I could feel a slight high on the micro dose, but experienced no reduction in anxiety, no urge to be more social, no euphoria and no insights. The final dose felt very heavy and was not at all enjoyable. I spent most of the time lying down just waiting for it to end.

Some say a plant medicine will give you the experience you need to have and it may not be one you had in mind or a pleasant one. I am Ok with that. However, I can’t help feeling that the message it gave me was to stay away. At this point I am pretty discouraged about psychoactive plant medicines. I am trying to keep my expectations for Amanita down, however I am encouraged to hear people state that it is nothing like Psilocybin as I am not eager to revisit that.

Right now I am looking at online sources for dried Amanita. They are probably available wild here in southern Oregon, but that would be a project for later if I have a favorable experience with dried.
Yeah amanita and psilocybin work on completely different neurotransmitters. I can say for me, nothing has worked they way it should when I was living with panic and anxiety. NOTHING. This is another reason I am hesitant to try psilocybin. And I see amanita helping many people who couldn't find help in other things. But folks who don't have anxiety issues don't seem to like amanita. I guess it's a medicine for specific issues and not for everyone. Although microdosing it does seem to help with many things outside of the anxiety thing. Please keep us posted on another thread on the forum. Thank you for sharing all of this with us.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 2):
PeaceEvaSid_Hatrack
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

NMNAT2

Post by NMNAT2 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:27 pm

Greetings from the Arctic Circle!

Found Amanita Dreamer's YT just last weekend and since then I have pingeyd all of the videos! First video I saw was the one about the sacred relationship with Amanita and immediately noticed this was something else than normal YT B$ about psychedelics and whatnots.

By watching more and more I realised that there is a change for me to see the world without anxiety and depression, which I have had for over 20 years. Basically for half of my life. Never had any medication for it, since I don't like pills knowing what profound effect hey have on ones mind and body. Seen many good people go completely zombies with modern "medication".

Like many others, I did my share of "selfmedication" with alcohol which didn't really help. But numbing everything works only for some time.

Been working on these issues of mine over the years with LSD, psilocybes and cannabis. Amanita has always been more or less good friend one sees every now and then. NOt even every year. Like many of us, have been doing it completely wrong! Well not completely, but all these misinformations and myths out there have been preventing the proper use of this medicine!

All psychoactives have always been tools and medication ... more on the shamanistic side for me. Never microdosed. So this was eyes opening revelation for me that makes so much sense with Amanita.

Undiagnosed autism didn't help either. Never found myself from the Aspergers and such boxes .. But couple years ago I found out this thing called Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and then things clicked into the place! Since then I have made a lot changes to my life. Diet, ways of thinking and all that.

These things have helped a lot! But since early December 2018 I have had probably the most difficult and hardest time in my whole life! Everything that I had built and lived for over 10 years was taken away. Whole lifestyle and business is now gone and got the worst depression period I have ever had. First couple months went basically sleeping. Could be up only for couple hours a day when I took care of my animals, which was the lifestyle and business, and eat something myself. At the late January I finally made it to the doctors and since then I have been unfit for work.

Anyway ... next summer/autumn I will gather as much Amanita I can find and start microdosing. Even just the information I have now is helping to cope.

But now I'm off to get some of that last sunshine we have and take some photos!
^
chr1:183,248,237-183,418,380

Pharista

Post by Pharista » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:39 pm

Hi everyone

Good to be here. My online name is Pharista, I live on a small island in the UK. I have searched for psilocybin mushrooms here for many years but not once have I found even one! I was fortunate to be gifted along the way though. But in harvest season I kept coming across the beautiful Amanita, it did seem to call to me. I could see them growing in this beautiful meadow with pine, chestnut, oak and birch trees, it is private land with a fence all around and these beauties were tempting me in for a closer look. So 6 years ago I took the plunge and climbed over a gated part of the fence and into wonderland! For some reason the fence keeps most people out and I feel this to be a sacred space where I get to visit often, in and out of season, never once being called off the land, I truly feel like Alice when I am there. Close by there is a dolmen of sacred stones and under an oak tree I have laid to rest 3 of our beloved family cats (all who lived long happy lives) who are now part of the magic!

I began harvesting this beautiful funghi. I researched and found out how to decarboxylate the ibotenic acid to muscimol, I dried caps and stipes (I cannot bear to waste any part of this fungi) at 110c until they were crisp, then stored in airtight jars. I have always had problems smoking cannabis, even the lowest dose can send me into emotional darkness, but I read somewhere that adding amanita would alleviate this to gain the benefits of both medicines. I began making joints with mostly crushed AM, the tiniest amount of cannabis resin and then just enough tobacco to help it burn well. I was astounded by the effects, suddenly I was able to experience all the benefits of cannabis without the darkness. The synergy of these two medicines works so well for me.

Later I experimented with making tea from the AM's and just eating them cracker crisp, I love the taste. It was then I noticed the welcome calming effect they had on my nervous system (I have long suffered with anxiety and depression) and also the depth of insight during waking life as well as lucid dreaming for which recall has been much easier.

I have grown to love this medicine and feel I am in deep relationship with it. Thanks to Amanita Dreamer for setting up this forum where we can share and learn together. I am slowly reading through this introduction thread to connect with your journeys here and with this most incredible ally the beautiful Amanita Muscaria.

Great to be here, Pharista <3
These users thanked the author Pharista for the post (total 3):
IsanNMNAT2PeaceEva

Agw8dawas

Post by Agw8dawas » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:28 pm

Kwai kwai N'delowizi Agw8dawas iao Wabanaki
Hello I'm called Agw8dawas of the land of the first morning light .AKA today New England United states.
I live off grid in the north woods, near Canada no running water, no gas only wood heat.
I've been gathering mushrooms since I was a child with my grandfather.
The amanita muscaria has always called me.
I intend to deepen my relationship with this being and possibly add it to my medicine practice.

I am grateful to be among you all here.
Peace and love

Here is a playlist on YouTube,, ofcourse our friend amanitadreamer is in there.

These users thanked the author Agw8dawas for the post (total 3):
NMNAT2PeaceEvamax

NMNAT2

Post by NMNAT2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:50 am

Agw8dawas wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:28 pm
This sounds interesting. What is it?
Agw8dawas wrote:
It's so rare nowadays that people are grateful for anything --- which is very important! Very nice to see there are still people who are grateful.

I think I can say for all of us that we are also grateful you joined!

Welcome! Have a seat and let's make this a good one!
These users thanked the author NMNAT2 for the post (total 2):
Agw8dawasPeaceEva
^
chr1:183,248,237-183,418,380

Peachy
Has thanked: 0

Post by Peachy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:44 pm

Hello everyone!

After discovering amanita dreamer videos, Ive decided I should join here.

Ive been using Amanita for a handful of years now and glad to have the opportunity to join a community for it!

<3

SkaldicMeadandSoma
Been thanked: 0

Post by SkaldicMeadandSoma » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:15 am

Greetings!
Having recently discovered ''Amanita Dreamer'' on YouTube, I decided to check out the research being done here on this forum. Although hailing from an era (the ''Hard Rock 70's'') where ''heroic doses'' for ''recreational purposes'' was the paradigm already in place (inherited from the ''Woodstock Generation'' for better or worse), I fortunately survived all that, and left it behind as I pursued my spirituality. It is now a pleasure to find that many of the same substances have come to be understood in a much more spiritual and historical light. Micro Dosing has joined mindfulness meditation and lucid dreaming at the nexus where post modern physics has begun to resemble the Upanishads! And those substances that I first used to knock upon the ''Doors of Perception'' have now been given their rightful place as ''Entheogins''! Meanwhile and, no less amazing, I have lived long enough to see the same government that waged ''drug war'' now ''fast track'' the use of psilocybin mushrooms for recalcitrant depression. Meanwhile Terence Mckenna has become as respectable as Stanislaus Groff and Aldous Huxley, and the theories about the provenience of these plant ally/teachers have proven no less worthwhile than the hard archaeological evidence of their ubiquity. No less fascinating is the particular avatar, Amanita Muscaria, perhaps nothing less than the ''Soma'' of the Rigveda and (FAR more speculatively, but by way of trying to explain my bizarre ''handle'') perhaps part of The Skaldic Mead, which made a poet of any who tasted it (obviously I have not!) in Norse Mythology. Anyway, it's going to be a pleasure to see what shakes out as the old paradigm collapses and we head, collectively, towards either Renaissance or ruin!
Last edited by SkaldicMeadandSoma on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:58 am

SkaldicMeadandSoma wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:15 am
Greetings!
Having recently discovered ''Amanita Dreaming'' on YouTube, I decided to check out the research being done here on this forum. Although hailing from an era (the ''hard rock 70's'') where ''heroic doses'' for ''recreational purposes'' was the paradigm already in place (inherited from the ''Woodstock Generation'' for better and worse), I fortunately survived all that and left it behind as I pursued my spirituality. It is now a pleasure to find that many of the same substances have come to be understood in a much more serious and historical light. Micro Dosing has joined mindfulness meditation and lucid dreaming at the nexus where post modern physics has begun to resemble the Upanishads! And those substances that I first used to knock upon the ''Doors of Perception'' have now been given their rightful place as ''Entheogins''! Meanwhile and, no less amazing, I have lived long enough to see the same government that waged ''drug war'' now ''fast track'' the use of psilocybin mushrooms for recalcitrant depression. Meanwhile Terence Mckenna has become as respectable as Stanislaus GrofF and Aldous Huxley, and the theories about the provenience of these plant ally/teachers have proven no less worthwhile than the hard archaeological evidence of their ubiquity. No less fascinating is the Amanita Muscaria, perhaps nothing less than the ''Soma'' of the Rigveda and (FAR more speculatively, but by way of trying to explain my bizarre ''handle'') perhaps part of The Skaldic Mead, which made a poet of any who tasted it (obviously I have not!) in the Norse Mythology. Anyway, it's going to be a pleasure to see what shakes out as the old paradigm collapses and we head, collectively, towards either Renaissance or ruin!
As luck would have it, my friend, the man on the mountain, has made some Skaldic Mead and I am to be the first to taste it when i get well. :)
Welcome to the forum!
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
SkaldicMeadandSoma
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

Agw8dawas

Post by Agw8dawas » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:02 pm

NMNAT2 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:50 am
Agw8dawas wrote:
This sounds interesting. What is it?
Agw8dawas wrote:
It's so rare nowadays that people are grateful for anything --- which is very important! Very nice to see there are still people who are grateful.

I think I can say for all of us that we are also grateful you joined!

Welcome! Have a seat and let's make this a good one!

L8dawaganek aln8baiwi the language is Abenaki, a algonquin dialect. Waizawi awaka na, always I use my language. It's nearly lost.
These users thanked the author Agw8dawas for the post:
NMNAT2