Let's introduce ourselves.

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Flgaric

Re: Let's introduce ourselves.

Post by Flgaric » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:42 pm

Hello Folks,

I'm 37 and an American living in Germany. I've never tried Amanita Muscaria. Not out of fear but more so due to ignorance. This is why I've brought myself here. I'm looking to give and receive as much information as I can. I have learn a fair bit from various sources but I'm skeptical of the validity of their information. I'm glad that this forum community was started because I don't have a FB account. I'm glad that there is a community of folks who are willing to share information and experience with those of us who are just starting to really learn about this mushroom. This year was the first time actively hunting and gathering Amanita. I've dried them out and am looking forward to trying them soon.
These users thanked the author Flgaric for the post (total 3):
AsterixRebisSummerElse

Gus
Has thanked: 0

Post by Gus » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:54 pm

musky-mole wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:12 pm
Hi everyone, I am Derek, 48, English living in France. I play harmonica, make homemade bread, beer & mead & naturally mushrooms are the logical next step, except I can't find any round here so had to buy it on eBay.. I am particularly interested in brewing with muscaria to make a musky mead, in small doses.. :)
Nice - Im in the process of trying to make the original pilsner recipe - with black henbane :)
These users thanked the author Gus for the post (total 2):
AsterixSummerElse

martishot

Post by martishot » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:35 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm Martin, I'm 28, living in Kelowna, BC, Canada. I've had a fascination with traditional use of psychedelics and the animistic/shamanistic practices around the world. My latest fascination has been Amanita Muscaria, which is why I'm here.

My current interest is to help contribute to the development of a modern culture that intergrates psychedelic into their culture. With cannabis legalization happening here 14 years after Denver's original decriminalization I feel hopeful that within 2 decades we will have this opportunity.

I own a local tempeh business and I'm into powerlifting as well!

Looking forward to chatting with you and lurking on this forum!
These users thanked the author martishot for the post (total 4):
AsterixRebisMattSummerElse
Kelowna, BC
On Syilx tmix'' territory

Marv

Post by Marv » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:25 am

Hi, my name is Marvin, I'm 30 and I'm originated from France. I spent the last decade travelling mostly in west Europe, north Africa and south America. I've had a few experiences with amanita muscaria in the past but I haven't been really interested in taking it much more until this year ! I'm happy this forum has been created and hope that the amanitian community will share good informations and nice moments here.
Thanks
These users thanked the author Marv for the post (total 3):
AsterixRebisSummerElse

roger-wilco-66

Post by roger-wilco-66 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:53 am

Hi folks,

the name's Mark and I come from Karlsruhe in Germany.
I came into contact with Cubensis mushrooms via our Ayahuasca group (I'm a regular ceremonial attendee) and further somehow got interested in the Amanita Muscara. I have yet to try it but I am confident there there is something interesting to find.
I also do my own research in traditional entheogenic practice. There is so much to be learned.
I want to thank "Amanita Dreamer" for her pioneering efforts and the youtube channel, which has been extremely helpful.

Cheers,
Mark
These users thanked the author roger-wilco-66 for the post (total 3):
AsterixRebisSummerElse

Seeker

Post by Seeker » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:57 am

Hi all
I am Nick 56 years old married to Pauline father of 3 great kids and a seeker of experiences I love to paraglide, philosophise, play my guitar and take psychedelics occasionally. I live in the UK in the South East near Ashdown Forest (Winnie the pooh lives nearby) had a few psilocybin experiences in the last year one with the psychedelic society out in Holland where the Virgin Mary dropped in to say hello. But I have been struggling to find the liberty caps in my area. What does seem to be abundant is Amanita Muscaria so I have collected a few, dried them and storing them in jars then freezing them for when I have finished researching this amazing looking mushroom. I am drying them on radiators at the moment and some with a fan. This resource seems to be the best I have found thanks for the great work you are doing.
These users thanked the author Seeker for the post (total 5):
Amanita ResearchAsterixRebisHaslerSummerElse

BrianRussellGard

Post by BrianRussellGard » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:57 pm

I am Brian Russell Gard from Pocatello Idaho born here in 1958 and am an amaetur naturalist who has foraged on wild plants and wild mushrooms for years. I had an experience on August 23rd 2013 where I ingested about a quart of button stage Amanita pantherina mushrooms and was asked by Amanita Dreamer on youtube to copy and past and post the experience, which I am going to do here. I left off a lot of the details but posted the basics of it, you may find it interesting. "My 1st experience was accidental, I was foraging edibles and found a bunch of Amanita pantherina in the button stage - but I did not know I had collected the 'wrong' mushrooms. I made a vegetable mushroom soup, two quarts of it and ate the whole damn thing - it was half mushrooms. Well it was an adventure, I slept for 12 hours, had wild vivid dreams and when I came to Lemhi County Search and Rescue was there, they had drove 3 hours and hiked and rode horseback 4 hours to get to me - notified by my son using my cell phone. When I came to I was very excited, euphoric, but my arms were not working too well, my son and friend thought I was dying, - actually I never felt so good in my life, search and rescue could not get the horse and mule to our campsite - they put me on fluids and than in a hail and wind storm came and they called for help and helicopter extraction, a helicopter that could drop a line as there was no place to land - so they sent a Black Hawk Helicopter from Idaho Air National Guard out of Boise Idaho - I was in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in the Bighorn Crags, well they came, dropped a line from 170 feet overhead with an Army Ranger named Al - part of the 101st Airborne Screaming Eagles and away we went to Salmon Idaho and Steele Memorial Hospital. I was still in a delirium, but active, talking, excited and in a very fine mood, I did hallucinate some and talked and saw people that were not there, I did not sleep at all the next night, just awake with visions, thinking about new ideas, projects I wanted to do and a scheme to save the world from itself, the next night I could not sleep either, finally feel to sleep at 3 am but awake at 5 am and took a long walk in the country from my friends house just outside of Salmon. This was a startling episode, extreme elation and intense euphoria and I was transformed to some degree to a new person , ever since I have mellowed somewhat and life has been easier. I knew at the time the mushroom was some kind of miracle but no one, including the people in the hospital had any idea what I had eaten as I ate every bit of the evidence. It took a couple of months of research and on Erowid I found a story about a guy that had a disastrous experience with Amanita muscaria in Canada on a camping trip, he was injured as he feel on his arm and face and cut off the circulation for hours and had to be treated extensively in the hospital. My arms got better in a couple of weeks and I had a 100 percent recovery, turns out my arms were injured because our friend and my son had to drag me back to camp several times because I kept crawling out of the tent at night, at one point they found me in a dry creek bottom eating sand out of a dry stream channel - this they found very alarming. I was convulsive and could not be woke up, I could not talk and was not responsive to them, they thought sure I would die. I had a huge overdose of the potent button Amanita pantherina (Panther Cap) mushrooms. After I got out of the hospital after 2 days I was still very euphoric and long term elation set in which lasted for 3 months, in 9 days I started to feel more like my old self. One tragedy was a friend and his daughter, son in law and grandson went back to our camp to get my tent, sleeping bag and backpack, but Bill Hickey of Northfork Idaho had a stroke and died there August 26th, 2013, he pushed himself too hard to get in there and back in one day - he was 73 years old. The story was featured on the front page of the Post Register out of Idaho Falls Idaho - but the story was printed on the day he died and that part was left out. I did not use the mushroom again for 2 years but I found a lot of it on a 2nd trip the year after, than found some in 2015, 2016 and 2017, since then we have had very dry summers and I could not get away from home after the rains. It is a part of my life now though. This information by Amanita Dreamer is pure gold and much appreciated by me thanks a heap! Brian R Gard Pocatello Idaho.". I have had about 6 fantastic experiences on this mushroom now and have had many mild or moderate ones as well I have used Amanita pantherina about 20 times and Amanita muscaria about 8 times since 2013, four of those were experiences that knocked me into a dreamtime of fantastic journeys and lucid dreams, and upon waking it took a while to realize they were not real events - definitely a time where it was hard to even know who I was and why I was there, I will describe those at a later time.
These users thanked the author BrianRussellGard for the post (total 10):
Amanita ResearchAsterixshort3gearsRebisAmanda32CloudykinzmfalconessSummerElseSierraSolEzmeralda

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:24 pm

Hello from France!

Glad to be here! I'm good at making short stories long, so here I go.

My path has got some similarities with Amanita Dreamer's and Sarah's. I'm 42, I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome in 2014. I have a long story of struggling wth depression and social phobia from an early age, always refusing medication. I've spent many years living like a recluse, started a regular type of therapy in 2000, which hardly made a difference, started tai-chi in 2004, which allowed me to get rid of the social phobia quite quickly within just a few months. Little by little the depression stepped back, I started to feel like exploring the world, I started working in 2008, but I remained a chronic anxious gothic. I got gluten free in 2011, which allowed me to discover the mere joy of being alive and wearing colours and flowery shirts! In 2012, I dived some more into nutrition and alternative medicines: I started a naturopathy training in 2013, I learned a bit about anatomy, physiology, phytotherapy, aromatherapy... (I'm far from being sharp on all those topics).

I wrote my naturopathy end of term essay on autism (it's here: https://naturopatypique.com/manifeste/). At th end of 2014, as I was starting to do some reading for that essay (microbiota, gut-brain-microbita axis, inflammation...), I also started to get interested in shamanism and psychedelics. Just a few videos on youtube about how working with "sacred medicines" is essential to spiritual growth can take you quite far! Even though I had been passionate about "spirituality" and esoterism since my teens, I knew barely anything about shamanism, ayahuasca or mushrooms. I discovered the world of psychedelic research, realizing I had nothing but predjudices about those substances.
I ended up tying together the themes of shamanism and psychedelics with autism in the last chapters of my naturopathy essay, pointing how shamans are suffering from what their people call a "shamanic disease" that requires a shamanic lifestyle in order to be treated, so that the "spirits" may be satisfied and pacified. The shamanic lifestyle allows special odd traits to become talents at the service of the community instead of disruptive disabilities. The shamanic lifestyle can be seen as a whole set of "biomedical treatments" (special diets, use of medicinal herbs, very ritualistic lifestyle, lots of time alone, prayers/meditation technics...) for youngsters who seem to display symptoms of what Western science calls autism, epilepsy, schizophrenia or severe depression.

So far I've had some experience with salvia divinorum (chewed, I'm a fan of Kathleen Harrison, who talks well of it) and psilocybes truffles (Maria Sabina's style kind of practice, rather than T. McKenna's) but I'm not very confortable talking of these on a public forums (French legislation..., of course) so, when speaking of psychedelics, I generaly prefer talking of what "experienced users say" or "from what science/shamans/psychonauts say...".

A few weeks ago, I started reading some stuff about datura. I just wanted to get some information on that plant that seems to be used in dangerous ways by some "witches" or shamans here in France (who seem to take Carlos Castaneda's writing as a serious reference) and, well, the more I read, the more I became aware of how much ignorant I was about the so called "toxic" plants kingdom. I started to look for information on flying ointments and I think this is how youtube ended up recommending me an Amanita Dreamer's video!

My naturopathy training definitely failed at teaching me about a very large part of the plant and fungi world. I feel like the "poison path" virus totally grabbed me!
I had come across my fist amanita muscarias a few years ago, picking up some naturaly dried up ones but not daring to do anything with them. A week ago, I picked my first fresh ones and had them dried well (a radiator can be quite effective and wooden sticks make a nice rack, so hat the mushrooms won't be in direct touch with the metal!). A second batch is drying at the moment. Just a few days ago I made my first decoction/tea with just 2 dried grams and 10cl of water, which reduced to 4,5cl and just one tea spoon of that makes me deliciously cozy for an hour or two (takes about an hour to kick in).
I've been struggling with perimenopause for 2 years, it brought back some serious mood issues plus some cognitive ones (attention and memory) and new sleep issues as well... I had just managed to finaly get all of those quite under "control" (with diet, medicinal herbs, electromagnetic hygiene...), I believed I was definitely freed from them and it's in full bloom again, just because of that hormonal transition.... so having one more medicine, and a powerful one, to add to my natural remedies shelf is really, really very much appreciated!!! It's also a new tool I'm willing to learn to use for shamanic work and that is pretty cool too!

My favorite thing is learning. Looking forward to do so!
These users thanked the author Caroline for the post (total 5):
Amanita ResearchAsterixIcucmyclieumRebisSummerElse

Asterix

Post by Asterix » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:38 pm

Hello Everyone!
There's not much to say about me.
Looking forward experiencing micro-dosing Amanita. Dealing with extreme anxiety. Untreated.
Still educating myself on this subject.
Here after a fortuitous encounter ( "coincidence" , right?) with Amanita Dreamer's post.
There's no reason to try to change what is fake. The only thing to be done is to recognize fake as fake: there's the "liberation"!
Best wishes to ALL.
These users thanked the author Asterix for the post (total 3):
Amanita ResearchRebisSummerElse

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:45 am

Hi everyone. I already introduced myself yesterday, on Halloween, on the other thread, 'Welcome to the Amanita Research Forum', so this is my second introduction.

I live in England, and there are a few woods nearby where Amanita Muscaria grows. To my delight, on my very first hunt, I found my first batch just a few days ago. They are now drying on top of my radiators, producing a lovely mushroom smell. Up close they have a sort of musky honey smell. :P

I'm on the lookout for a smallish dehydrator. I don't have the space for a larger robust one. I've looked at a couple of cheaper smaller ones, but the clearance between the trays are very small, 15mm and 20mm. This I think is too small, unless it is okay to squash the mushrooms flat.

I found this forum via my occult interest (which these days is spiritual alchemy). Last year I read 'Amanita Muscaria; Herb of Immortality’, by Donald E. Teeter., and started looking up more on the subject, and eventually came across this forum.

I look forward to reading all your posts, and posting myself too; probably more questions, for I'm still a novice with Amanita Muscaria.

Best wishes,
Rebis. :)
These users thanked the author Rebis for the post (total 4):
Amanita ResearchAsterixHaslerSummerElse