Smoking amanitas

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Splinters and Shards

Re: Smoking amanitas

Post by Splinters and Shards » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:50 pm

@Marv I agree with that. The nightshades tend to be very wise and powerful teachers and guides.

For me, resin smoked alone is very intense and if I did not have so much faith in the mushrooms it would probably be very scary. Some of the strongest Amanita convulsions (though they didn't last as long as high doses when drunk or eaten) I've experienced came from a full bowl of resin through a water pipe. The effects are less when smoked in smaller amounts, but very intense (like very potent hashish/kif).

TrueNaturetarian
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TrueNaturetarian » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:47 pm

Hey guys, I’m in the UK, and I’m going to order some Amanita Muscaria that’s from Lithuania. I use cannabis for pain and sensory issues (this is the reason I’m pursuing A.M. as I feel it could help me more by working on the GABA neurotransmission), and reading this topic has me feel confident in pursuing Amanita by means of a bong or some sort.

I’m just wondering what you’d recommend for a microdose whilst using a bong or even a joint - either or, I don’t mind.

Cheers.

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:59 pm

@TrueNaturetarian When I would smoke cannabis and Amanitas together, it was most enjoyable to fill the bowl with Cannabis (as much as you want) at least to cover the airway. Then I would lightly pack ground Amanita on top (like using dry kiff). If the mushrooms come soft and not crispy, I would dry them in my oven at the lowest heat with the door slightly open.

I dry about a gram at a time and grind it in a mortar and pestle. If I didn't have one, I'd just crush the mushrooms as fine as I could with my fingers. It wouldn't be as fine and may have a tendency to flare up more, but it works. I've found that a bong or other water pipe was much more enjoyable than a pipe.

I would play with ratios, but my favorite is about 1/3 cannabis or mullein and 2/3 Amanita on top. After using Amanitas for a while, I found I preferred the clear headedness of not using cannabis. If I was going to just smoke the Amanita powder, I would put a fine mesh screen in the bowl first.

Hope this helps!

TrueNaturetarian

Post by TrueNaturetarian » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:23 am

@Splinters and Shards Thank you for your message, I appreciate it. May I ask if this is a microdose that you’re recommending? I don’t want the full dose haha. And how long would a gram last you? I’d rather use the A.M. little by little with no waste, than make a solution and potentially let it go bad.

I’m a light cannabis user compared to other daily cannabis users. 90% of the time it’s purely for pain (sensory issues), which I’m hoping A.M. will help.

’ll opt for the pipe method. I’ll let you know how I get on. :)

EDIT - Could I use a dry herb vaporiser to use the A.M.? Originally it’s for my cannabis, but is there anything stopping me from using it for my Amanita?

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:06 pm

@TrueNaturetarian When I first started, I smoked about a gram a day of the mushroom. I was going from 3-5 grams of cannabis to manage my muscle cramps, neuropathy, fatigue, joint pain, as well as my panic attacks and anxiety. I was able to drop the cannabis completely and got down to where a gram of Amanitas for smoking lasted a week. Then my last gram ended up only half used, the rest was mixed in water and drunk.

I ended up stopping smoking for pain completely by a month. By that time I was eating a lot of Amanitas and drinking water decoctions, but only because I wanted to explore further. The pain was gone, I was just going full shaman at that point. The extracts and vape blends I made after that point we're purely for the superhuman effects high doses of Amanitas give me. Smoking Amanitas was the most efficient, as a similar dose eaten would be around 2 grams compared to a pipe bowl.(maybe a 1/4 gram or less?)

If I were to do it over again, I'd start by preparing a gram and smoking that until it's gone and then make another. It all depends on how my body would respond. If the pain goes away (and for me the pain went away, whereas cannabis just made me feel good and not care about the pain I did feel), then you don't need more.

I will add a word of caution. After 3 months of stopping cannabis I tried it again. I had never gotten truly stoned or high before, as cannabis was just to make pain tolerable. After Amanitas, cannabis packs a huge punch for me with full-blown stumbling around, complete fixation on things like birds and couches, randomly singing and dancing (wailing and flopping around XD), eating everything in the house, and feeling like I was being massaged by a whole fleet of angels. In short, the best cannabis high ever. And that happens pretty much anytime I smoke it now (which is usually only in social situations, so once every few months).

I don't know your own level of tolerance, but before Amanitas (even after a month tolerance break) I would do at least 3 full bowls before feeling relief. Now just a hit from a pipe sends me to the couch and a bong rip pretty much sends me to fairyland.

As for the dry herb vaporizer, I don't have much experience with those. You may want to try small torn pieces of cap instead of the powder. You can always then smoke it afterward (I imagine the vaporizer would dry the mushroom out a little).

Hope this helps!

TrueNaturetarian

Post by TrueNaturetarian » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:47 am

@Splinters and Shards Thanks for the in-depth reply. I use marijuana for the same (or similar) issues as yourself, i.e, ME/CFS, constant joint pain and sensory overload. I use around 2 grams a day, and I could use 5 grams if I had the resources (marijuana is illegal in the UK).

I’m liking how long A.M. is lasting you, despite your medical ailments. And the fact that you just dropped your cannabis use speaks volumes to me. I have ordered my A.M. and I can’t wait for them to arrive, lol. Have you tried Kava-Kava (root)? I was extremely disappointed with it.

I’ll try the A.M. with my herb vaporiser first, and I’ll let you know how I get on! Cheers :)

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:23 pm

@TrueNaturetarian Growing up in Hawaii, kava was pretty common and I have fond memories. Its effects don't last long and are great for relaxing after a long day but not much else. I tried using it for pain, but enough to stop the pain also caused enough paralysis that I could not move, hahah!

I have friends who drank large doses unfiltered and ended up unable to move from the floor of their kitchen for a couple of days. We laugh about it now, but if something had happened they would have been unable to do anything about it. Kava powder makes a fun seasoning for snacks, as the mouth numbing effect is interesting when combined with different flavors.

As for Amanita use, they changed my life. They took away my pain and gave me the drive and internal inspiration to make meaningful changes in my life. They helped transform me from a 240 pound zombie wracked with pain, borderline diabetic and with bad high blood pressure and constant vertigo to a 165 pound vibrant human with no health issues and a love for life in less than a year! I can do things now I never thought I was capable of and am so much happier.

I wish you luck! If you are not averse to it, I suggest making a tincture. It's something you can carry with you that is discreet and just a few drops can help with any symptoms that crop up during the day. Plus about 3 grams of mushrooms tinctured lasts me about a month, while the same 3 grams eaten would last me a day or two.

Hope this helps!

TrueNaturetarian

Post by TrueNaturetarian » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:47 pm

It’s funny you say that, because I’ve heard of native islanders being admitted to hospital because they had drank 30 shells :lol: :lol: I remember the numb tongue very well now that you’ve mentioned it.

I’m glad you’ve found relief in Amanita. Have you taken benzo’s to combat pain? If so, what’s the comparison? I know my pain is GABA/glutamate related. What’s causing that, I have no clue. But whenever I take a GABA agonist or a NMDA antagonist, my symptoms improve. However, I’ve never taken a GABA-A agonist, which I believe Muscimol is?

I’d prefer to have a tincture. I don’t even smoke tobacco, but smoke cannabis. Ideally, the less smoking I can do, the better. Is there a good guid for making a tincture online?

Cheers.

AmAm

Post by AmAm » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:23 pm

The best way to smoke it is with cannabis, not by itself, its more intense and a happier high. works nice with middies.

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:48 am

TrueNaturetarian wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:47 pm
Hey guys, I’m in the UK, and I’m going to order some Amanita Muscaria that’s from Lithuania.
Hi TrueNaturetarain, I hate to disappoint you but buying Amanitas has been illegal in the UK since 2016.
Before 2016 you saw it advertised on eBay UK, and natural herb shops. Now you won't see it anywhere in the UK I'm afraid. It a bummer I know; I would have bought some long ago if it hadn't been for that.

Wait till next season and pick your own, is your best bet. :)
Though I'm not sure what the legality is of picking your own for personal use is. Just possession might be illegal too in the UK.
I did a separate post about this, asking if anyone knew what the law in the UK is about this, but no replies yet.

Rebis,