Smoking amanitas

Feel free to discuss what you want.
pierogi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Smoking amanitas

Post by pierogi » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi there, for me smoking small amounts was nice subtle experience. Made me a bit more energised and a bit more joyful. Anyone else here tried that?

UrsusSapiens

Re: Smoking amanitas

Post by UrsusSapiens » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:03 pm

Same here. I made a smoking mixture from 1.5g dried Fly agaric, and 0.5g eucalyptus leaves, cbd cannabis and passionflower each. Smooth to smoke in a pipe, produced a relaxed and clear headed experience. Even though I am actually a non-smoker I had no problem inhaling the smoke. I will increase the amanita a bit, to see what can be experienced....
Nature isn't mute - it's man who is deaf.

Marv

Post by Marv » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:50 am

I had very good results from smoking the dried skins alone or mixed with cannabis and tobacco. Sometimes with Syrian rue too.

I got effects similar to a low oral dose (1-5g) from smoking a pinch of dried skins in my pipe. It is definitely active and last a few hours.

Some days ago I prepared a jar of fresh skins and let it ferment. After 4 days almost all the solids have turned into a nice red liquid that smells nice. I plan to dry it then smoke it to see if the fermentation step give a stronger product.
These users thanked the author Marv for the post:
UrsusSapiens

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Marv wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:50 am
Some days ago I prepared a jar of fresh skins and let it ferment. After 4 days almost all the solids have turned into a nice red liquid that smells nice. I plan to dry it then smoke it to see if the fermentation step give a stronger product.
How did that work out? I've made resinous extracts and powders before that work very well, but not a fermented extract. I usually just treat the extract like hashish or kif and get wonderful effects similar to drinking large doses of a water extraction. The onset is much faster and the duration much shorter, lasting only a couple of hours instead of eight or more.

I'm heading out to go forage today, so I might try the fermentation as well. Thanks!

Marv

Post by Marv » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Yeah that worked quite great. Compared to unfermented dry skins it is stronger in effect. Maybe fermatation allowed a good part of IBO to be converted into MUS.
Smoked with tobacco it is soft and nice. With weed in the pipe I found it very effective but harsh on the throat.
A few years before I tried the water extract with good results but now I always ask to the mushroom if I can prepare it in a way or another and got negative feeling concerning the water extract. I don't know why I'm not allowed to make it. Maybe that is not the way ?...
Splinters and Shards

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:54 pm

@Marv That is interesting! Did you dry it out and powder it? Have you tried smoking it on its own like kif/hashish or resin?

I'm also interested to hear what the mushroom told you about water extractions! Was it all water extraction methods? Or just some? Personally I feel the mushroom doesn't like me making hot tea, so all my extractions are done at room temperature.

I didn't find any muscimol/ibotenic acid containing Amanitas on my foraging trip, but I did find some beautiful destroying angels! Next time I do, I'll try fermenting them. Thank you for your experiences! :D

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:50 pm

@Marv
Can you elaborate on your fermentation method?? Thanks!

Tylerstreetbarber
Has thanked: 0

Post by Tylerstreetbarber » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:38 pm

Marv wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:50 am
I had very good results from smoking the dried skins alone or mixed with cannabis and tobacco. Sometimes with Syrian rue too.

I got effects similar to a low oral dose (1-5g) from smoking a pinch of dried skins in my pipe. It is definitely active and last a few hours.

What was your fermentation process?

Marv

Post by Marv » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:29 pm

I simply pealed off the skin of various fresh caps and put them into a glass container, put the lid on but not closed so there was still air exchange. I moved it every two or three days. The first week there was some bubbles coming out of the quasi-liquid ... "thing". Good smell. Second week did not show big changes. Third week I stopped moving it and a lid of white mold started to grow on top of the liquid (can be interesting for the flee researchers !!). At the end of the third week the smell started to turn a bit bad so I dried it by cooking in a pan until get a hard clumpsy powder.

No I haven't tried to smoke it alone.
T36

Marv

Post by Marv » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:40 pm

For the water extractions I feel allowed to prepare it as a tea but not concentrate into a resin... I still can prepare a tobacco resin with amanita inside but not amanita alone (which I haven't made yet). Generally the tobacco dominates the other plants and can be used to put the energy straight and allows to make harmonized combinations. Also it protects the mind and body from toxic substances or misuse of other plants.
T36