Drying in Excaliber. 3 month curing

Feel free to discuss what you want.
insite
Been thanked: 0

Drying in Excaliber. 3 month curing

Post by insite » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi I have an Excalibur dehydrator, the top temperature is 155 Fahrenheit, I know on Amanita Dreamers you tube videos she says the necessary drying temp is 160 - 190 f, Amanita Dreamer recommends using an Excallibur. Confused why she recommends Excalibur, when it is below the temp she recommends.? On another face book group the advice given to prepare is to dry and then store in airtight container for 3 months as the storing will cure and decarboxylate. Does this happen?

amanitadreamer

Re: Drying in Excaliber. 3 month curing

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:56 am

insite wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 pm
Hi I have an Excalibur dehydrator, the top temperature is 155 Fahrenheit, I know on Amanita Dreamers you tube videos she says the necessary drying temp is 160 - 190 f, Amanita Dreamer recommends using an Excallibur. Confused why she recommends Excalibur, when it is below the temp she recommends.? On another face book group the advice given to prepare is to dry and then store in airtight container for 3 months as the storing will cure and decarboxylate. Does this happen?
My excalibur also says that temp but if you notice it's at the beginning of the last temperature range. That range will go up to 190. So crank it all the way up. Storing won't really decarb much more. There is a one study that did show some more decarb action but it was minimal if I remember correctly. It's on the FB page....sorry I can't remember exact numbers. If you need to use it, use it...is what I'm saying.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer