DMSO converts ibotenic acid to muscimol 100% yield and enhances it.!?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
thevoluntaryway

Re: DMSO converts ibotenic acid to muscimol 100% yield and enhances it.!?

Post by thevoluntaryway » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:35 pm

I've heard that DMSO has the effect of making skin more permeable, for instance, mixing it with lemon juice, touching the mixture and then being able to taste lemon only from that contact. It would be interesting to mix a little Amanita powder with a few drops of DMSO and simply apply it to the palm or the back of the hand or wrist - whichever is more convenient.
These users thanked the author thevoluntaryway for the post:
bigsalisr

JLFpoisonous

Post by JLFpoisonous » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:34 am

While DMSO is low-toxicity (LD50 = around 4.5 cups total for a 75kg adult), it is flammable (think ETHANOL). But it’s boiling point is extremely high (372F), which is a few degrees higher than muscimol’s melting point. Anyway, I’m not sure all this in inter-related, but I think an experimenter could relatively-safely heat DMSO, as long as it’s on a low-heat on an electric hotplate (NOT on a gas stove). I’m thinking of a quick/simple method using just enough of a 50/50 H2O/DMSO solution to saturate the given amount of dried muscaria, then cook until H2O evaporates. What you think? Would heating the 50/50 mix speed up (reduce) the reaction/conversion time? Of course you end up with a solid instead of a beverage.
These users thanked the author JLFpoisonous for the post:
amanitadreamer

Nightbears
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nightbears » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:42 pm

So checking wiki i find "The relatively high freezing point of DMSO, 18.5 °C (65.3 °F), means that at, or just below, room temperature it is a solid...". So I would assume that one could do an DMSO/water extract and sperate out the DMSO with a simple slow freezing and mixing method. I'm not sure if there will be any loss with this tek. I don't have any amanita samples to do any of this, but it seems that some cooling/ freezing method could allow for higher amounts of DMSO without fearing any health or taste issues with end result.

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:32 pm

I have aquired some DMSO to use in a topical so hopefully the tales of its efficacy are true
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

bigsalisr

Post by bigsalisr » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:45 pm

Hello, is DMSO not able to bring chicken grease into your body as well, I want to be sure I say here that DMSO needs clean hands and clean, moist skin from the start point of application and are we talking about 100%/90%/70% DMSO for topical use. It burns at 70% and can be your Trojan horse in your fight against cancer, but caution while learning, information is not always beneficial.