drying stipes and dosing

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Seeker

drying stipes and dosing

Post by Seeker » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi Flyers or should I say Ammo's I have been collecting a good number of Amanita and drying them on my central heating radiators until they are cracker dry 2-3 days, I then intend to simmer for 15 minutes and make a tea as per Amanita Dreamers video. Also, I have been keeping the stipes, is this right? are they just as potent as the caps? I will start with micro-dosing as suggested. Any suggestions welcome.

T36

Re: drying stipes and dosing

Post by T36 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:32 pm

Nah dude you should only pick caps.
stripes have petty amount of the alkaloids you want, all you can do is waist your time and space with em
These users thanked the author T36 for the post:
Seeker

RBG
Has thanked: 0

Post by RBG » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:20 pm

According to the paper linked here,viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12 there's a decent amount of ibo and mus in the stem too. You might as well grab them too, unless saving space/weight is that important to you
These users thanked the author RBG for the post:
Seeker

UrsusSapiens

Post by UrsusSapiens » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:43 am

Well, that depends.... IF you want to boil it and make a tea, a tincture or an extract : Go ahead, use the whole mushroom. Squeeze every bit of all the goodies out of it. Your yield will raise by just 15% approximately, but -hey- you are doing this boiling and extracting thingy anyway, so there is not more work involved (only larger pots for preparation).
BUT (and that's the yea'but) if you want to minimize drying time and/or storage space for the DRIED mushroom (because this is the way you want to store them for whatever reason), the extra 15% are perhaps not that important for you. In the end it's a judgement call, and all about how you want to use them. It's more a question between optimizing or maximizing your work load/yield ratio... and the storage time you need.
These users thanked the author UrsusSapiens for the post (total 3):
SeekerIcucmyclieumamanitadreamer
Nature isn't mute - it's man who is deaf.