Microdosing amount

Feel free to discuss what you want.
OctopusMcKennaii
Has thanked: 0

Re: Microdosing amount

Post by OctopusMcKennaii » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:31 am

Asterix wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:58 am
Update: Today I received an email from the vendor ( please see my previous post) informing that the package was sent today from California. I will be receiving 30g of dry Amanita Muscaria here in Florida, probably in the next 2 to 3 days.
I am excited with the news and the prospect of starting micro-dosing.
Will continue to report this "journey", (of someone without ANY background in this subject matter receiving the "invitation" ( so transpires) from the mushroom through Amanita Dreamer; accepting it; initiating the process of acquiring the mushroom ( the phase in which I am right now);and in direction to the next steps....).

Congratulations! I first found the FB Amanita Truth group, then Amanita Dreamer.

I ordered Amanita on a Friday, perhaps 3 weeks ago now. I have been dreaming every night since and only today did I take my first sips. I am doing this "for healing reasons" I suppose, a connection to the self, spirituality, mental clarity...I'm seeking to develop myself, progress... Ok anyways :)

I ground 13 grams of caps in a coffee grinder, for homogeneity. I near-boiled 3g for 60m in distilled water with 6g citric acid, with two more brewings of new water without additional acids and for shorter periods of time.

I consumed about 1g worth and felt it immediately. I then consumed pretty much 90% of the 3g brew and got on the computer.

I felt relaxed, instant anti-depressant, I was okay, all those PTSD symptoms I've been suffering from--My mind was quiet. I was smiling, happy, thinking of the things I wanted to do.

I decided to lay down and see if I wouldn't fall asleep, as I felt intoxicated and somewhat less functional.

I pretty much just daydreamed and fell asleep briefly.

I've got a 10.1 gram brew in the fridge I'll sip on tonight until I reach the desired level.

I'm now willing to be a micro-dose is in the sub gram range, possibly even 100mg or less.

1g was noticeable. If that were my microdose, I'd want it at night, unlike my 150mg Psilocybe micros where I would want it in the morning. I would try 100-300mg of Amanita for a morning micro, possibly.

greenjalopy
Been thanked: 0

Re: Microdosing amount

Post by greenjalopy » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:15 pm

Imagine Medicine wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 pm
Mushrooms collected and dried.
Stored properly should last for years.

2 cups water to 10 grams
Simmer 45 minutes
2 cups vodka added to tea mixture
Makes @ 1 quart.
Allows it to be stored at room temperature
Quart = 96 teaspoons
Dosage = 1/3 teaspoon daily
288 dosages per 10 grams
100 dried grams harvest = 2880 dosages
2880/365 = 7.8 years
I made up a batch according to this precise recipe last night before consuming 1/3 tsp. of the tea straight (it was getting late). As a sensitive, I found both this amount and the recipe itself to be right on target for what seemed like a very useful microdose. (Till now I've been applying AD's pain oil topically to acquaint myself with the Amanita mushroom.)

I did not dehydrate my previously dried mushrooms that arrived in the mail. My aim was to make a control batch out of these as-is, in order to experience the effects of whatever ibotenic acid remains active in them. I felt a pleasant brain buzz and alertness before falling to sleep pleasantly and deeply.

I did notice some slight stomach irritability, which lasted through the morning. Wondering if I may be able to further decarb this tea in its current form, perhaps by adding some lemon to a proper tea next time. I'll give it a shot. It may also be that the straight dose of just the Mushroom tea concentrate (even @ just 1/3 tsp.) may have contributed to my minor tummy rumbles. Looking forward to exploring further.