Dehydrators - The Cheaper Ones

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Rebis

Dehydrators - The Cheaper Ones

Post by Rebis » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:46 pm

I bought a 'Cooks professional' dehydrator, but the clearance between the racks is only 15.mm, hardly enough room to dry a thick curly mushroom without cutting it to bits.
Another dehydrator I ordered, but is being returned due to a missing foot-pad, is the 'Klarstein, Valle di Frutta' dehydrator, which has a bit more clearance of 20.mm between trays.

Has anyone any experience with these two cheaper and smaller dehydrators, and do you think, as I do, that 15 and 20.mm clearance is far too little?

Any recommendation for the cheaper dehydrators?

Thanks,
Rebis.
These users thanked the author Rebis for the post (total 2):
amanitadreamerAsterix

amanitadreamer

Re: Dehydrators - The Cheaper Ones

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:24 pm

Rebis wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:46 pm
I bought a 'Cooks professional' dehydrator, but the clearance between the racks is only 15.mm, hardly enough room to dry a thick curly mushroom without cutting it to bits.
Another dehydrator I ordered, but is being returned due to a missing foot-pad, is the 'Klarstein, Valle di Frutta' dehydrator, which has a bit more clearance of 20.mm between trays.

Has anyone any experience with these two cheaper and smaller dehydrators, and do you think, as I do, that 15 and 20.mm clearance is far too little?

Thanks,
Rebis.
I have a link to one in the description of my video on drying. It's got the clearance and it's easy to rotate the trays.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Asterix
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Rebis

Re: Dehydrators - The Cheaper Ones

Post by Rebis » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:19 pm

amanitadreamer wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:24 pm
Rebis wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:46 pm

Thanks,
Rebis.
I have a link to one in the description of my video on drying. It's got the clearance and it's easy to rotate the trays.

The link to the smaller dehydrator in your video, looks like mine, only that mine has a different name, and see through plastic trays. Other than that they look identical. The temperature range for my machine is 40.C - 70.C.
Having watched your video about drying, I guess I will have to convert my dried AMs to Muscimol at a later date when I'm ready to consume a dose.
I'll have to find out how to do that.

Thanks.
Rebis. :)