tea

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Amanita_Muscaria_

tea

Post by Amanita_Muscaria_ » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:27 am

can i make a tea out of raw ,undried Amanita Muscarias? Will it take an effect?

Marv

Re: tea

Post by Marv » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:06 pm

I tried eating 25g of fresh AM. Effect was stronger compared to the same quantity dried with a different feeling. More electric, less dissociative.
As we do not have many informations on the effects and toxicity of fresh AM, it can be better to take small doses. Be safe !

Amanita_Muscaria_

Post by Amanita_Muscaria_ » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:23 pm

Marv wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:06 pm
I tried eating 25g of fresh AM. Effect was stronger compared to the same quantity dried with a different feeling. More electric, less dissociative.
As we do not have many informations on the effects and toxicity of fresh AM, it can be better to take small doses. Be safe !
So the drying is *Solely* to keep the mushrooms from getting bad? It doesnt convert any ibotenic acid into muscimol?

Marv

Post by Marv » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:33 pm

It depends if you use heat or not. Heat will convert a part of your IBO. Cold drying will not.
These users thanked the author Marv for the post:
UrsusSapiens

UrsusSapiens

Post by UrsusSapiens » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:39 am

@Amanita_Muscaria_ : Drying on itself is just for preservation. BUT -additionally to what @Marv correctly mentioned- if you sun-dry them (or let UV light hit your mushrooms) a certain percentage of ibotenic acid will be converted to muscazone. While heat drying will convert some ibotenic acid into muscimole, UV light will convert it into muscazone. We are working on it to find out, what muscazone could be good for.... But there are not many papers or reports out there... Officially it's supposed to be a poisonous aminoacid.... but I am not that sure about the "poisonous" part, as long as the question of dosage isn't clear....
But back to your original question: You could make a tea, you could even make a cold water extraction, since ibotenic acid as well as muscimole as well as muscazone are fairly water soluble. But considering the unfavourable ratio of ibotenic acid to muscimol, your body will have to do all the conversion work. That's the way the shamans of old use to take, but as long as you don't consider drinking your own urine, it's a cumbersome method to get to your active reagents.
Apart of drying, there are other ways to preserve your mushrooms - but that are mainly steps for preservation, not conversion.
These users thanked the author UrsusSapiens for the post:
Amanita_Muscaria_
Nature isn't mute - it's man who is deaf.