cracker dry

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Amanita_Muscaria_

cracker dry

Post by Amanita_Muscaria_ » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:17 pm

I dried my Amanita Muscarias in the oven, they were cracker dry, i didnt close them in anything like a jar, i put them in the drawer cause for the time being because i didnt have any containter as such. Few hours later, they lost the cracker dry form, theyre not wet or anything but therye just a little bit gummy( they dont crack instantly when i bend them as they would before putting them there....) Did i f*** something up? will it affect the potency in any way? Should i put them in the oven in low temperature for some time so they become cracker dry again?

T36

Re: cracker dry

Post by T36 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:22 am

Nah potency is fine for now but you should have put them in a zip bag or at least 2 or 3 normal plastic bags...
Your humidity in air is probably high. Just Redry em and bag em, they cant be just laying around on fresh air coz they will loose potency and begin to spoil with time...
These users thanked the author T36 for the post (total 2):
UrsusSapiensAmanita_Muscaria_

Rebis

Re: cracker dry

Post by Rebis » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:54 pm

I've bought some Kilner jars, and I have ordered off eBay the FooSaver Mason jar lid sealer. You can only get them from the US, so I'm expecting the Post Office will be asking me to pay for the customs duties when they arrive. I would imagine they would be suitable fir storing dried AMs.

Here is a video on sealing Mason jars:

Best.
Rebis.