Wiki almost ready! Any suggestions?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Amanita Research
Site Admin

Wiki almost ready! Any suggestions?

Post by Amanita Research » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:14 pm

Hey all,

I've been working away on the wiki and it's mostly done. A few things I need to fiddle with but not too much.

To give you an idea of how they will look I've been cloning the wikipedia pages and pulling in and tweaking all the various addons we need to get it looking smart.

For example, these pages are the test pages I've been focusing on.

https://amanitaresearch.com/index.php?t ... a_muscaria

https://amanitaresearch.com/index.php?t ... tyric_acid

What I'll probably do is keep working on the bits and pieces that still need to be done then wipe the pages that are there and start fresh. Only pulling in what we need and growing it step by step. At the moment all the Amanita species pages are in there and we probably won't need those as we set off.

So, with all that in mind, what subjects do you want me to include from the start? Obviously I'll get muscimol, ibotenic acid, the various analogous neurotransmitters and receptors and various pages regarding Alchemy, Soma and so on, but what else do people want up there?

Once done we can start processing all those scientific papers and presenting it in a more coherent fashion. Show how the tie together (or are suspected to tie together).

Also we'll have the map set up so people can document their finds and we can have a map showing when (which month) and where they found Amanita Muscaria.

It will look something like this: https://amanitaresearch.com/index.php?t ... stribution

So yeah, any suggestions? Any of you have experience editing wikis?

amanitadreamer

Re: Wiki almost ready! Any suggestions?

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:57 am

This is truly impressive. I know nothing about how to manage this or how it all works but I wanted to say thank you for your hard work and dedication to this project. It really is something what you are capable of.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Marv

Post by Marv » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:41 am

Wow amazing work, thanks ! I haven't had the time to read everything yet but I will try to contribute with what I have.
Thanks a lot again

Amanita Research
Site Admin

Post by Amanita Research » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:56 am

Thanks. I'd still like to structure it in a more tailored way, specific to this forum.

The wiki articles will only serve as seed articles for the pages we want to use. If anyone wants to give me a list of subjects they think we should cover ping me a message and I'll include them in the wiki.

Minor things I want to change include the url's (change them to /wiki/page_subject or similar) and adding a few more templates from Wikipedia so yeah, there is a little work left to be done but we're mostly there.